Tsunami! The Water Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Captain1Dynamo, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Tilz Loyal Player

Thanks. I didn't want to run dehydrate every rotation, just to save up on some cheesy sc for adds. But I think I have to. Replaced Shark Frenzy with Aqualanze for bosses.

_____
    On adds I kinda run 2 things.

1. Shark - HT - Bubble - Aqualance - 2x TS Strikes

2. Deepthcharge - HT - Bubble - Shark Frenzy - 2x TS Strikes
  2. Silent Rage Well-Known Player

You don't use the PI with crushed? I always start with Drowned
    • Like x 2
  3. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Has anyone tested a Single Target loadout for Water?
  4. Tilz Loyal Player

I'm not water anymore and i'm not playing currently, so might be a bit rusty.

Yes With the 2 loadouts I didn't use the PI. Simply because of the time. I felt like i'm better on adds like that. Stuff dies fast.

When I had my artifact on 120 I used the shark loadout.
  5. Tilz Loyal Player

I used:

Dehydrate - HT - Bubble - Aqualance - TS for my singletarget loadout. Was doing ok.
  6. L T Devoted Player

Water lacks DoT and single target. Dehydrate mostly makes up for single target though. I'm using

Drown - Bubble - Depth Charge -Riptide - Tsunami Strikes - Dehydrate

I use dehydrate a lot. Even on the major adds with higher health. If a boss is about to go down I use it along with Riptide.
    • Like x 1
  7. Fergjeezy357 New Player

Here is what I feel about Water after trying it out for a few days. It was fun to play for RP purposes as an Atlantean. But compared to my normal DPS power, Munitions, the below video says it all.

8. Tilz Loyal Player

You're using chaingun, correct? :rolleyes:

Water is not bad, it's a solid power and with some knowledge about it, it can be a storng power in the right hands. Actually beat some good munitions with it
    • Like x 1
  9. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Am I the only person that uses Ebb & Flow lol
    • Like x 3
  10. L T Devoted Player

I think the dps of ebb/flow is a tad higher than TS, but I've stuck with Tsunami because of the timing. I'll try again and see if I feel differently.

A league mate beat me in HIVE using Aqualance, Shark, High Tide and Riptide. Forget the exact rotation but it was pretty impressive.
  11. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

I use Ebb & Flow and Tsunami Strikes lol hmmm
    • Like x 2
  12. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I use it sis
    • Like x 3
  13. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

This is the best DPS loadout I’ve been able to find. With it I almost always end up at the top of the scorecard for Damage Out (if that means anything). For example I did the most damage both against bosses & overall in a raid this morning where there was a CR 241 & a CR 245 DPSing in the group (my toon is CR 234, Superpower focus, 271 SP). This loadout can be used at any distance, against groups of ads & against bosses.

Clip Drown + Bubble + High Tide followed by Aqualance, then Tsunami Strikes (full combo) twice. Bubble comes back up after the 2nd rotation. Feels a little slow, but puts out the most damage you can with Water & Bubble offers pretty good protection while adding a few hits. Use Dehydrate instead of the Supercharges. It builds quite quickly, even without Scrap of the Soul Cloak, with a full charge it produces more damage than Call of the Deep (on average), and Dehydrate be used at any time if you need an emergency heavy hit, even if your SC bar isn’t full.
    • Like x 1
  14. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

I’m back to using Call of the Deep with the head and chest mod and Soul Cloak. I prefer multi-target and I’m getting like 20%+ SC back when using it. Works nicely with Supply Drop :)
  15. L T Devoted Player

Dehydrate rocks, but Hive Base and The Machine DEFINITELY favor multi-target.

Whirlpool and Call of the Deep are both pretty good options.
    • Like x 1
  16. Dr Improbable Dedicated Player

I do a very similar loadout, except it's:
    Clip Drown + Bubble+ High Tide, Aqualance (or Shark, depending), Depth Charge (or sometimes Waterspout), then Tsunami Strikes. I have 3 different loadouts in all, variations on this one.
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Has anyone else seen an issue with shark not critting with high tide? I know that there used to be an issue but thought it was fixed. When I last tested water it was not critting on every cast.
  18. Schimaera Devoted Player

Yep, one of the things going on with High Tide and Shark is that Shark does not have a 100% crit chance. Don't know why it is not fixed. I played other MMOs with "auto crits on a regular basis" and they always worked :D
  19. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Haha yup. All auto crits in every other game work just fine. It’s omen if the only things water has going for it lol. Forcing crits onto SCs. Gemini/high tide/ shark/vacuum bubble should have really helped water a lot but even shark crits on its own isn’t working lol.
  20. Mystere Well-Known Player

This is my water rotation (note, clip the first 3 powers listed below):

depth charge ->high tide -> bubble ->shark -> heat vision (if you have solar amp leveled) -> tsunami strikes (2 rotations) -> depth charge-> high tide-> shark. Repeat. Once you have super built up or if you are running with someone using eye of gemini - replace heat vision with supercharge of choice - then use super right after shark. Once out of super, put heat vision back on bar.

An alternate build focuses on using eye of gemini artifact with soul cloak, the vacuum bubble head mod and supercharge chest mod. With this build you can always use a vac bubble after the shark (every other rotation) and stand near another good dps and the 20% dmg boost from them. It is fun, but takes work and having a dps that stays still.

When I am lazy, I replace shark with with Aqualance and always keep heat vision in (never using a super).

The shark rotation will hit harder but requires more work and diligence to consistently make it work whereas the aqualance rotation is easy street but you will parse lower than shark rotation.

DONT use drown in place of depthcharge - it is a big dps loss over time. The small amount of super generated is not worth the dps loss over the course of a raid.

For solos, duos or alerts, use whatever as they are so easy it doesn't matter.
    • Like x 1