Dear Sir/Madam, will DCUO transfer over to the PS5? speculation, PS5 specification talk??

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Batrederik, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Batrederik Dedicated Player

There is no announced PS5 release date.. Yet, I.. would think
    November 2019 or 2020 release date for the PS5. As Kenichiro Yoshida said, Sony boss, in an interview with the Financial Times in early October. "At this point, what I can say is it's necessary to have a next-generation hardware,"

o_O That's not saying much, really, but it is an official comment from Sony that acknowledges the need for a PS5.

?? And will? DCUO going to be on ps5.

[IMG]

Yours faithfully!
  2. Noble One Committed Player

probably....?

1000% certain no person at daybreak could give an answer other than maybe. tbh you would get a better answer from an 8 ball lol.
    • Like x 5
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Although most likely should the game still be functional then it will go on to the new platform, you are however, unlikely to get an answer as they're not likely to discuss the possibility of additional platforms for an as yet unknown and unannounced device.

For all we know it might be backwards compatible and thus no requirement to adapt to the new platform, who knows.

You'll have to wait and see.
    • Like x 3
  4. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player

The Unreal 3 engine would have to be ported first.
    • Like x 1
  5. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Aaaaaammm.. Hmmmmm... Carbs.
    [IMG]
  6. Batrederik Dedicated Player

I find it fascinating, how we all think differently about whether, to discuss the possibility of additional platforms for an as yet unknown and unannounced device. But one thing I’ve got to say and I don’t think many will disagree, it’s affordable for anyone who wishes to use it.

But Proxystar yes.. i guess we'll just have to wait. ^
  7. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Or they would have to upgrade DCUO to Unreal 4.
  8. Hraesvelg Always Right

That's less "upgrade" than "total redesign from the floor up."
    • Like x 3
  9. Kuno Loyal Player

Blade and Soul is being ported from UE3 to UE4, and its a game as old as DCUO. It's not totally crazy to think that the port could happen, some people value having years worth of content in a mmo. Not everything is next gen shiny graphics.
    • Like x 1
  10. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

This. Especially since Sony has not announced anything about PS5 except for they'll be making one. No release date, time frame, specifications etc. As with the current way of Sony, it is even possible that they will not allow old software to be ported over (for technical or license reasons). Speaking of it: Daybreak could need a license extension by DC for such a move.

So, way tooooooooo early for this kind of thread.
    • Like x 3
  11. nawanda Loyal Player

I think we are some way off the PS5. My guess would be late 2020. It would be wonderful if it had backward compatibility.

So far my PS4 has lasted four years, about which I am delighted. I went through three PS3s in the equivalent time. They were garbage for longevity. YLOD anyone? I’ll just cross my fingers my PS4 sees me through to the PS5.
  12. Proxystar #Perception

Nah by all means talk about ps5 speculation, just don't expect an official answer and none of the users here truly know anything and if they did they certainly wouldn't be allowed to say anything ;)
  13. Batrederik Dedicated Player

[sheepish] Right. :)
    • Like x 1
  14. Batrederik Dedicated Player

I hear what you’re saying. **

Sure would make backing out of the new ps5 easier. Just maybe :rolleyes:
  15. the solowing Steadfast Player

We got rid of the PS3 with no substantial improvement..what's PS5 gonna do?
  16. the solowing Steadfast Player

my used PS3 had no issue since I brought it back in 2011 but my ps4 power supply fail on me
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Put a dent in my bank account.
  18. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Replace PS4?
  19. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

If villain LFG is any indication of game health I would say “no”.
    • Like x 1
  20. Knarlydude Loyal Player

To be fair, the DCUO devs did say that we would not see anything major right away and it would take time.