Tell us what auras or materials you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Mar 14, 2017.

1. recoil2 Dedicated Player

an aura/material based on the red thorns/briar vines released by the thorn golem that look like nature's but a deep blood red.
  2. Lamiawitchprincess Level 30

Weapon aura for example dancing swords
    • Like x 1
  3. JKwak Well-Known Player

onomatopoeic sound effects as aura, also as movement style

edit:
    just imagine your aura spells "booom", Woosh" and "pow" evrytime you use your powers or weapons
    or you have the letters "wooosh" behind you when you fly, jump and run.
    you would be a real comic hero
    • Like x 3
  4. Brad Sisto Well-Known Player

Hey Oceans,

I had a thought about a Material for the Valentines event. I don't think it would be to much to do since most of it was done already but the thought is Zamaron Crystal Material. Basically take the Arctic material and alter it for the Zamaron crystal coloring. Would that be a lot of work?
    • Like x 1
  5. recoil2 Dedicated Player

not really a new aura but can we get the ghostly aura made account bound and cross character tradable? i need to do something with a ghostly aura i have sitting in a toon's bank that already has one on and another toon needs one.
  6. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I'd love to see a material or material & aura combo that makes a character appear like a shadow or blur. Closest now would be void and either smoke aura or ember aura but aren't quite what I'm talking about. Another example of something close in the game to what I'm thinking are scarecrow's illusions as far as the subtle movements around the edges.

I personally think something like this would also go great with the movement styles and might help sell more of those.
  7. tokidokij Active Player

The original water skin would be cool to have as a material.
  8. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Not sure where exactly to post this specific request. But since this one has the word "materials" in it, I figure this is as good as any.
    Is there any way that we could please apply material directly to skin?
    That way we could be wearing clothing or a costume on top of that material?
    You know, like an energy being wearing a leather jacket. A wild material skin that is wearing a Batman costume. Chrome or silver or gold material and a slimline costume or a tux.
    Some examples that immediately come to mind, if I (or anyone else) think of others feel free to post pics. Sure the last pic isn't exactly what I'm discussing, since they are gauze bandages not material, but still I think is an example of what I mean about applying material to skin and then clothes.
    Is that possible? #hashtagelementalsandenergybasedlifeformswearcostumestoo

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  9. Biologie New Player

I have always wanted a color-able dragon scale material and a color-able feather material. Maybe an x-ray material that shows your bones.
    • Like x 1
  10. Sean Barker New Player

can we get any tempest style like from young justice
    or this tempest outfit?or tulas out in YJ or harms hair and coat styles from young justice

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
  11. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

I'd like to be able to use any material as "skin" color.

I definitely have a character that I have Ice material unlocked on that I would want to be able to use it for the "skin" color.
    • Like x 1
  12. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Excellent idea. Having it as the skin, that way the outfit is not wasted on full body slimline. There are no lines where the pattern is. And you could also have the benefit of having clothes on. Ice skin with an outfit.
  13. arcfussion Well-Known Player

I would really love to see an infrared material like the Predators infrared heat vision , or a material to make your toon translucent like the sparring targets or holgram trinket. As far as auras go , an aura that reacts to your having used a superpower ,like it pulses outward .Or even a blue electric plasma aura that sends streamers out like inside a tesla ball.:)
    • Like x 1
  14. Heaven DIO New Player

A Aura that’s Mainly Black with Dark Red Flames
  15. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

First, the picture is to provide a visible example.

On a different note to what I've suggested before. Do we have, or is it possible to make, a material like the Glowing that is fully tintable? Like how Void is tintable?
    I ask because I decided to give Hellstrike a shot and soon realized that I have no choice but to add briefs. So, do we need material that can glow at any color and not just green? Or should I be less critical of my work?
    Oh, and the reason for the shades and sword is because I gave up mid-creation on trying to make him. lol[IMG]
  16. Ascended Well-Known Player

That's a brilliant idea. I'd definitely need to get that for at least a couple characters.
    • Like x 1
  17. stärnbock Devoted Player

more auras like the glowing firefly: expanding like a shield,
    until the outer rim of the potential area to take actions on.

[IMG]

event horizon (or black hole) aura ^

[IMG]
  18. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

A blizzard aura wich would be cool,a sun aura that sends light rays out just like the sun,a tornado aura,and as i said earlier wich we had a feather aura,not like the usual ones that floats awound you but more like one that covers you like a cloak.
    • Like x 1
  19. recoil2 Dedicated Player

what with the success of the released drowned style, i would like to see an accompanying aura like the ghostly aura only with transparent ghostly green hands in place of ghosts rising up out of the space around the character to grasp at the air, [IMG]
  20. Raven Roth Committed Player

A Twin Star, Crow, and Trigon Soul Aura
    • Like x 1