Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by GLoRToR, Nov 15, 2018.

1. GLoRToR Well-Known Player

It could use some Quality of Life upgrades.

It's quite demanding for a story mission. I'm skipping this one right now for the following reasons:

1. I've seen the story before. I'd like to be able to skip the video because it's a huge waste of time to watch it over and over every day.
    2. The part where you have to run or die is not fun at all when you don't do a lot of damage such as a tank or a healer.
    3. The end boss has way too much hp for a solo boss.

I think QoL would include
    - being able to skip the long chats I've seen twenty times before.
    - having fewer guards in the way or making them easier to dispose of.
    - reducing the hp of the boss since it's a solo fight.

Just my two cents as lowish level.
    • Like x 1
  2. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

There is a skip button on right side of wall just before aquaman...
    • Like x 1
  3. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I'd like to see the boss stop glitching and going immune before teleporting across the room. It was only happening maybe once per fight, but this morning it was 4 times, that was annoying.
    • Like x 2
  4. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Facts!
    • Like x 1
  5. Disruptor Well-Known Player

I'd like to stop getting stuck on the second door in the flight from the wall of thorns I open the door and the console is now in the middle of my toon and I am unable to move.
  6. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Event version is ridiculously easy compared to end-game.
    I played event on cr100 alt. Crown barely chases you, guards almost don't aggro at you. Boss can be cc'd around with no effort, whereas in endgame instance his lunge breaks your block (it's supposed to be the other way around) and the only time you can counter him is when he's doing dual pistol full auto spam. Staff phase is also painful.

No, the difficulty feels just about right for the event version, at least from what I've seen... but endgame boss fight could be a teeny tiny bit more forgiving.
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

The impale attack from the staff is broken. If it doesn’t stun you, you die.
  8. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Haven't seen that happening. It mostly stuns, doesn't do much damage. Staff melee combo looks more dangerous to me, every swing takes away 10-15% of HP.
    • Like x 1
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

If impale DOES stun you, you break out and stop receiving the 7k damage ticks. If you’re not stunned, you receive all the ticks and die unless you have a shield, cola and the barrel.
  10. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Or supply drop. :D
    I guess I know what you mean now - just ran event again and stayed on staff phase.
    Sometimes when he throws it, it looks like he missed and you don't get stunned, especially if you're running around, but damage is still being done to you. It only does a few ticks, though, for me it was 5k ticks with character's health buffed to 49k, so unless you're already below 50% health, it shouldn't really kill you.
    Impale also stunned me when I was in block - so much for blocking skulls attacks, huh.

However, unlike endgame, you can easily juggle and stun him to prevent him from doing most attacks.

In general the boss is a bit buggy, especially when he freezes and does nothing and then teleports to the other side of room, but it's still pretty much doable.
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m talking about the endgame version. Sorry I should’ve been more clear about that. In the endgame version it ticks for 7k and just keeps going and going and going.
  12. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Since thread is about event, I thought you were talking about event. My apologies as well.
    I run 7 cr245+ characters every day for endgame solo and I haven't had such problem with Impale, but I've just tested it again by staying on that phase for extended amount of time and I see what's the problem.

Damage (6660 ticks on dps, 6900 ticks on tank, lol) keeps going on if you don't break out or pop a shield or soda. But you can't breakout if you're not stunned, and if soda and shield are on cooldown, it means a death sentence.
    That's something that needs to be looked into. Impale cannot be blocked, but it can be dodged by rolling around, though.
    [IMG]

I haven't really noticed that before as I run a shield on every dps loadout, for some characters of mine it's part of rotation.
    • Like x 1
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

It can be avoided by lunging too. It’s just very unforgiving in its current form, especially since avoiding it that way is a bit outside the box and you don’t really get much confirmation from it. They just need to make the attack a hard stun that bypasses everything. I know they can do that because they do it all the time and it usually annoys the heck out of me because it means having to restart my weapon combo :D
  14. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

You can also get rid of it with a Tank cleanse/immunity ability, or with a Troll agro-drop type shield, a la Grandeur, or Survival. I'm not sure what healer powersets have for it, but tanks and trolls can get rid of the DoT.

@DEVS:
    Freezing/Stopping is still occurring. The periods are shorter, but very much still present. I am NOT interrupting him when he's trying to get to the weapons racks.

Nice update with his reflect graphic, it's now very avoidable, but will still cause a player to pause for the "skill check", well-done.

Those discussing the issue with Impale, are spot on.
  15. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Tested with Ice's Shatter Restraints (which also serves as a shield) in endgame solo in both roles.
    • Couldn't get rid of from Impale's Dot, it still went on after pressing SR.
    [IMG]
    • If you have immunity before getting Impaled, you don't get stunned, but still receive DoT. Though in few cases I still got stunned even with breakout applied right before skull attack.

• It also doesn't save you if you don't get stunned by Impale, but something else catches you right after that, like Laser Net.
      You break out from Laser Net, but not from Impale, its DoT keeps going on.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

• In a few rare cases DoT went away after popping second shield (Reflection) after breakout.
    [IMG]

Having a breakout trinket, such as T1 trinket, provides the same results.
    Then I tested it with Rage's Ire, Gadget's Distract and Quantum's Quantum Tunnelling. Same results.

Taking a soda also seems to be removing the DoT, but doesn't have immediate effect, couple of ticks is still being applied.
    Lunging it counts as dodging, but not always possible if player is staying on the distance.

Verdict is:

Impale does work as intended when it stuns you, but something needs to be done about it when it does not, because even breakout/immunity doesn't help much.

• Like x 3
  16. GLoRToR Well-Known Player

There is no skip button on Aquaman squabbling with his wife and brother.
    There is no skip button on a lot of conversations in raids either.
    I think that the popular mechanic of holding the mouse button to initiate a skip where the rest of (or the majority of) group members can do so as well to successfully skip scenes would be the best solution to that part.
    • Like x 2
  17. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I bloody love you, thank you so much for compiling all that data. :)
    • Like x 1
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Make it like a vote. As long as 2-3 people in an alert, or 4-5 people in a raid all hit the button, it's skipped. I'd rather wait for even 8 people to touch a button than re-watch some of the bla-bla-bla cutscenes. And yeah....to have the skip in the solo, then tack on a minute of Mera nagging Aquaman and OceanMaster's Dr Smith impression is just silly. The skip there should bring you right to the fight.

Reinheld
  19. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i don't know i kind of like ocean master's banter: "maybe they've finally come to realize WHICH son of atlan should sit on the throne?".
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yes....and maybe he will be right one of the 100's of times we'll hear it over the next months....but probably not. Truth is that all the banter in this game...no matter how funny, or dramatic, or annoying or whatever....becomes tedious when you run the content daily...or multiple times daily (assuming alts or replays). I know most people run the game with the sound off partially because of this reason.

I have to say one of my favorite parts of this DLC is walking through the teleporter to Mera while King Shark is making his 'Well if it isn't the Royal's Dogfish..." remarks. Not cause I like the banter...cause I like picturing my toon going "yeah...yeah 'KING' shark....I got places to be" in the middle of his bla-bla and walking through the portal.

I was so exited when they added the skip button....less so when they tacked extra dialog...and an un-opening door...in front of it.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1