Obsidian's In-Depth Controller Guide Series Videos

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by ObsidianChill, Jul 12, 2018.

1. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

If you wanted a one stop shop in terms of in-depth up to date DPS/Controller guide videos all completely up to date and current as of April 2018 including every aspect of the powerset discussed ranging to 40min+ videos each breaking down:
    • Loadout Skill Point Specs
    • Rotations (Melee, Range, Single Target)
    • Supercharges
    • Mods/Artifacts
    • Controller Spec & Rotations
    • Miscellaneous Testing
    • In Raid Examples
    here is the links here if you were interested at all. Thank you for you Time and good luck.
    Mental: (Updated DPS Rotation Link in Comments)

Quantum:

Munitions:

Light:

Gadgets:
    • Like x 12
  2. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I'm not usually big on guides, but the munitions one was pretty good.
  3. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Not obsidian chill lmao
  4. Wet fluffy Well-Known Player

Thanks Chill. Made use of the Quantum guide for an alt.
    • Like x 1
  5. Mazahs Loyal Player

Pretty good and insightful as always.
    I do have a quick question, if you could clarify.

On Light melee combo, is there a reason you are re-applying Sonic cry so often? Since CS is the big hitter on this one would assume do CH x3 clip chainsaw repeat 2-3x then do SC > WT clip. Or are you seeing better overall since you are getting 2 extra SC and WT vs the extra CS hits. Before revamp this was your biggest hitter for melee provided the adds were tightly bunched.

Also...Kudos to anyone who still calls final claw by it's Hold Claw
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  6. Saybro Committed Player

Respect to obsidian. Man is helping the community.
    • Like x 1
  7. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

@mazahs - is that Baron Von Rashke?
  8. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

I found the better parser's to include the more frequent use of SC, also it helped when moving to new add sets the stun from SC would give less a chance for them to interrupt my chainsaw in addition to the cooldowns lining up better with inspiration usage.
  9. Mazahs Loyal Player

Yup
  10. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

Is one trolling power better than others? Or is it all personal preference?
  11. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Largely it comes down to personal preference or what you are looking for in a dps power. There are some subtle and major differences in the powersets but the controller powersets can basically be sorted into 3 categories depending on your playstyle & preference
    1. Base Power Regeneration
    2. How often you can use your supercharge (if you like to be able to use it everytime off cooldown etc)
    3. Better for DPS role
    • Like x 1
  12. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

I know you did a video on the Rao and how based of the two Artifacts allowed not to use it. Now that they are releasing 3 artifacts this week.. And we get 5% at 160, that would mean 10% increase to VIT if you have both the Rao and PowerHarness, to go along with Soul Cloak?
  13. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Yea with 3rd slot the amulet is the next one we take, Wednesday I will make an update vid for artifacts and comparing stats. All 3 of my controller artifacts are 160 rank
    • Like x 1
  14. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

• Like x 2
  15. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

Thanks for the update.. Follow up question ( Also don't know if I should place them here or on your comments section.)

If I understood the last video, upgrade the Soda first. Then which artifact should we focus on over others? I am focusing on the Soul Cloak simply because it works in both roles. Then I was going to focus Power Harness, lastly the Rao.
  16. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Feel free to comment here or on the video, I will see both. The first artifact yes you should focus on the soder. It's only 112k xp ish and will greatly help you as a controller when its Rank 8. After that you should focus on the Soul Cloak, as you mentioned its one of the best artifacts out there at the moment. The order you have of focus is the most ideal one yup :)
  17. BurntMind Active Player

AHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAH GFJ, i like that pic...lmao
  18. Mazahs Loyal Player

Can't take credit. That's from Omar
    He built first HL guide for DPS and was filled with these type of pics.

I used to study that and Battery's guide to no weapon trolling all the time.
  19. BurntMind Active Player

fair enough but its cuz of u i saw it here and now......true he/her/it made it (mad props) but u posted it n made me laugh
  20. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Update to the Mental OP post in terms of the DPS rotations

• Like x 1