Test Discussion Winter Seasonal: Feats and Base Items

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by DCAutymn, Nov 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCAutymn Developer

Hi all!

Happy Winter! If you run into any issues with the winter items or feats, please let me know.

Enjoy!
    Autymn
  2. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Is it possible to give the large snow cloud more snow on the outer parts, only seems to drop snow mostly in the center, and it being the biggest snow cloud, seems sad it's not a large snow falling radius

Is the spirited snowman intended to not move around the players base?
  3. Brad Sisto Well-Known Player

Feats
    - Base Item Feats - I really like that you chose to make it collect any 10 and 25 base items. I really dislike being forced to buy every single base item in a seasonal when there are some I really like and some I don't want to have at all. I would rather focus on getting multiples of the pieces I like.

Ice Styles - Snowflake
    - Snowflake Head - This I really want to be a Hairstyle instead of a Head style. This would allow people to mix Krampus Horns, Sin Horns and other things with it. This would however prevent guys from having any facial hair options with it. Why not make two versions of this so those who want it as Hair can have it as Hair and those who want it as a Head can have that.
    - Snowflake Shoulders - These seem to 'small' there isn't enough ice with them. These I see being used more by Doomsday players than Ice players. Ice players will break out the Sunstone and T3 FoS styles.
    - Snowflake Belt - I really only see the female characters using this if anyone.

Base Items
    Ceiling
    - Snow Clouds - I really like the falling snow option to have in bases.
    - New Lights - I really like the addition of Light Groups. I really wish you had done this with the previous lights instead of making Red/Gold and Purple/Green versions to break this out.

Wall
    - Ice Wall - Will NOT fit on any normal wall. You need a 2 story wall for it to fit.This defeats its purpose. Checked this on Sewer Bases.
    - Ice Waterfall - Will NOT fit on any normal wall. You need a 2 story wall for it to fit. This defeats its purpose. Checked this on Sewer Bases.
    - Jagged Ice Wall - Will NOT fit on any normal wall. You need a 2 story wall for it to fit. This defeats its purpose. Checked this on Sewer Bases.
    - Frozen Rock Waterfall - Fits exactly perfectly for an Exact 2 story Wall. Any walls that are larger there will be gaps. A perfect Fit is personal base floor 1 to floor 2 ceiling. Bad fit is personal base Basement up to floor 2 floor. Checked this on Sewer Bases.

Floor
    - Fountains - I like the three different fountain options even though they are just reskins of the normal, cherub and shark fountains. Some people will really love these.
    - Snowman base pet - Some will really enjoy this animated snowman. He seems to be one that doesn't interact with anything else and just stands still and does some actions while standing there.
    - Bear/Eagle/Fox/Stag Ice sculptures - I know these are simple reskins of the Celtic rock versions but I still really like these. They add the ability for people to 'change seasons' as they like in their bases.
    - Ice Thrones - The change of Zeus and Atlantis thrones to be ice was quite nice.
    - Ice Dividers - I really like these two Ice divider types normal and jagged. These provide us with options for Ice and Kryptonian appearances.

Missed Opportunities
    - There is still NO LARGE Snow Floor.
    - The Ice Dividers are really nice but it would have been great to have a 'LONG' version of each of them and even a TALL versions for the connecting rooms in our League Halls.
    - The Ice thrones were a nice touch but you missed the King Throne!
    - Ice Sculptures of the Sand Castles would have been pretty great to have personally. I would also want an Ice Sculpt of the Fortress of Solitude, Arkham, Star Labs(Flash CW TV) and Titans Tower.
    - I still really enjoy the Bridges that were made in previous years and I think in the future a reskin of the original Crumbling Bridges to be ICE would be excelent.
    - An ICE or SNOW Skin would have been perfect to have sadly we still have NO skin that works well for any Ice/Snow characters.
    - There needs to be a Blizzard Aura that uses the same aura channel as Bitter Winds, Sorc Pet Aura and last years Valentine Aura.
    - Ceiling Light Groups really should have been created for the White/Blue and the Classic Xmas lights!
    - Snowing Clouds for League Halls are really missing. Why not make a cloud that can drop snow for 4 stories. That should cover even the largest rooms in our League Halls.
    - Some people would really love Candy Cane base items both Single Cane, Crossed Canes, Row of Candy Cane Divider and similar items for Santa Village themes.
    • Like x 4
  4. DCAutymn Developer

Thank you for the comments. I will look into the items mentioned.

The Spirited Snowman is intended to stay in place and gesture to you. It will not follow you around.

Autymn
    • Like x 3
  5. Brad Sisto Well-Known Player

Thanks Autymn personally I like many of these new items. Also thanks for the clarification that the Spirited Snowman isn't a 'pet' but is just an animated stationary base decoration.

I also did some testing on League Halls late last night and ran into a couple things

Waterfalls are not able to actually reach the floors. The normal Ice Wall is able to 'kind of' reach the floor but that is because it is designed to have a little bit of 'over hang'. Could we designate more 'over hang' on the different ice walls and waterfalls to allow them to be placed easier?

Rock Waterfall is not able to be placed in the hallways between rooms. Could the 'placement zone' for this and the normal waterfall be altered to be smaller so people can place them easier?

Sea/Ocean halls have a major problem with working the overhead 'fake pipes' in with the Waterfalls.

Snow Clouds snow field only reaches half the height of the hallways between the different rooms. I did make a note previously it would be nice if these could go for 4 stories or so.
  6. Luke© Well-Known Player

3 Base Items from 2014 are missing: (at least i cant find them)
    - Clump of Large Icicles
    - Slushy Snow Drift
    - Crystallized Snowflake
  7. Hraesvelg Always Right

Those used to drop in the vault. Are they not, now?
  8. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

The Collections from the 2017 event are now placed in A 100 mark box.

I have to agree with everyone else that this is an absurd price increase from last year, where it was only 1 mark per collection piece. I'm not asking for the box to be reduced to simply just 10 marks, but could the box reward maybe be reduced to 50 marks?

Base items:
    [IMG]

The ice rock waterfall base item is Gigantic and seems generally made for League Halls. Could you guys change the name of this to say "Ice Rock Waterfall(League Hall Size)" so players buy this, but don't end up with a large paperweight in their lairs?
    • Like x 3
  9. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

These were never in the vendor, they were always vault drops.

Although if they could be added and buyable from the vendor I would greatly appreciate it instead of it being in an RNG vault.
  10. Brad Sisto Well-Known Player

I had taken notice that there was a Collection Box last night but was in to much of a hurry between different things to notice the cost. I totally agree 100 marks is WAY to much this should be 25 to 50.

That being said WHAT is the ROLE of that giving Xmas Tree that we all got last year. It was the method of obtaining the single copy of each collection piece but what can it do this year?

You also asked for a League Hall flag be added to the Ice Rock Waterfall. I am totally fine with this although I would REALLY like it if its 'error sizing' zone to be lowered to the point that we can use these more fully in our own bases as well as in League Halls which even have sizing issues as I stated above.
    • Like x 3
  11. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Potential Bug: Aurora Aura

The Aurora Aura is quite small and difficult to see on my character (Brute Large Male). Is this intended? I'm not sure if it is, as it appears to clip through my character quite a bit, but there have been subtle auras in the past, so maybe it is.

I wouldn't mind it being made bigger, or more obvious, though, if possible.

Bug: Aurora Aura listed as "None"
    In the style menu, the Aurora Aura is listed as "None", instead of the "Aurora Aura".

[IMG]

Typo: "Collecing"
    In the description for the Polar Energy collection, the word "collecting" is mis-spelled as "collecing".

[IMG]

• Like x 1
  12. Al Bundy Well-Known Player

Is the Absolute Zero style missing?
  13. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

I saw it last night something commando
    • Like x 1
  14. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

DCAutymn can you confirm if the Durable Fruitcake is still dropping in the vault during the Christmas seasonal?
    • Like x 1
  15. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Didn't we have to buy that one?
  16. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

No it's like the Prize Pumpkin. It's a trinket that spawns a fruitcake you can throw around. I got it on a few toons as a drop, but haven't been able to get it the past few years and cannot confirm if its on loot table anymore
    • Like x 2
  17. Kestral Committed Player

First of all the base items this year are gorgeous. I love all the ice base items. I have been looking forward to the falling snow for awhile but was a little disappointed. Visually the cloudcoverd ceiling is perfect but the actual snow falling is really minimal can the snow fall be increased a bit? Also the 'purple and green' holiday lights need a color tweek. They look more like purple and gray to me, which would be neat for halloween but not christmas.
    • Like x 1
  18. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Ah, I was thinking of the base item lol
    • Like x 1
  19. Kestral Committed Player

Oh this one https://dcuniverseonline.fandom.com/wiki/Durable_Fruitcake
    I've never gotten it before. I only had the 2nd year anniversary cake.
    • Like x 1
  20. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

Yes that is the very one. I really hope it didn't get lost in the loot transition the same way exceptional recovery kits did. My OCD to have every trinket on one character desperately wishes for this to be confirmed or not.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.