Should the Four In a Row Feat Be Removed, Revamped or Auto-Granted?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kid Multiverse, Nov 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Luck-based feats are toxic and not really appropriate for DCUO. Currently this feat is 100% luck-based.

What do you think the best solution is?

Remove the feat and the points from it? Totally revamp the feat and make it achievable? Auto-grant it to all users and call it a day?
    • Like x 1
  2. Schimaera Devoted Player

The revamp one. Don't see how the other suggestions are good ones :confused:
    • Like x 2
  3. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

I agree, was just thinking out loud :)
  4. EconoKnight XIII Legion

They just need to put in some kind of tell.

To make things a little unique and preserve an effort to the feat, maybe make it where the first player to find a thorn ball gains an x-ray vision ability allowing them to see where the rest of the thorn balls are. That would keep a level of cooperation and communication to it, but not something overly oppressive.

The x-ray vision ability is still buried somewhere in the DCUO game code, so it would just be a matter of re-purposing that.
    • Like x 7
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I have that feat and from a blind pug group too, so no to all of the above.
    • Like x 1
  6. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Since the feat is currently broken, it's best that it be changed or be removed with the next hotfix.
    • Like x 1
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Who said it was broken...
    • Like x 1
  8. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Like Econo said above, they should make a way to tell what's what, it doesn't have to be obvious, just some detail to slow the difference
    • Like x 3
  9. Brother Allen Loyal Player

They should offer a tell of sorts. Something vague but still something. I was thinking something like one or two fish swimming around coral that does not have rocks inside. So you would want to go to the ones that do not have fish swimming around them to find the rocks. Cause who wants to put the poor little fishies out of a home? lol. Subtle yet you still need to pay attention. Worth noting, this is just a random idea. Others, like Econo's are good as well.
    • Like x 5
  10. Proxystar #Perception

It's not that bad, i got it first weekend, it's really not that bad and you can just keep wiping the golem and try over and over according to a recent patch note.

Nothing needs to change with it imo.
  11. Schimaera Devoted Player

Hmm hmm congraz on getting it so easily. I was in Crown for three hours straight last weekend on the golems and didn't get the feat. Some reported over a hundred tries until they got the feat. PUGs aren't helping becaues everyone is activating all of them right away even if you ask them not to.

But, again, good thing you got it right away and think it's not that hard.

I mean, yeah, I understand that groups try to get the Sea Beast feat in the Corum Rath fight for hours and in the long run exercise awareness of your surroundings and dodging. This sh*tty feat is just trying to activate stuff over and over again without any mechanics you need to be aware of. It's bs.
    • Like x 6
  12. Schimaera Devoted Player

Funny how players chime in and don't want it changed because they got it.SMH.

If it was for me then, the Accidental Perfection shouldn't have changed at all and should have remained pure RNG luck because I got it on the third or so run of the Artifacts raid. Others ran it countless times through re-queueing and never got it until it was changed to "Artifact Perfection".
    • Like x 3
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Oh I'm sorry is this luck based feat somehow different from the luck based feats present within time capsules? ;)

If it helps, I got that one before they changed it it as well haha :D
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Hilarious. I'm sorry you didn't get the feat yet. I don't agree with the OP for the following:

>Remove the feat and the points from it?<
    Players that actually have the feat apparently should be punished for no good reason other than "If I can't have it no one will." Petty.

>Totally revamp the feat and make it achievable?<
    I'm not against adding a 'tell' or some other visible marker, I just don't think it's absolutely needed. But to acknowledge the feat as "unachievable" is a ludicrous statement when it's clearly working as intended.

>Auto-grant it to all users and call it a day?<
    And everyone's favorite GOAT, "Just give it to me." No.

Funny how no one brought acquiring this feat up during test. Funny how people want everything out of an episode that hasn't even been out for a month yet. And again, sorry you didn't get the feat, you will though eventually. If my unlucky butt can get it, so can you.
    • Like x 3
  15. Schimaera Devoted Player

I got all tc feats mostly through the broker. Also you get something in return for opening TCs. In general when did we start comparing DLC feats with time capsules. By that margin we should just grant feat tokens with a low drop chance that are tradable?
    Sorry but I won't understand this ever.
  16. Schimaera Devoted Player

Since you're quoting me, I just like to point out that I never stated that the feat is broken or unachievable. It's just the chance of 4 out of 9, 3 out of 8, 2 out of 7 and 1 out of 6 where literally no ordinary pug group does it in succession but rather by activating multiples at the same time.
    I know how the feat works, so no issues with that in general. I just think that there - similar to artifact perfection - should be some hidden and small indicators. It makes the feat frustrating and it's an Episode Feat and no ordinary TC.

I agree though that neither removing it or granting it to everyone are good solutions...
  17. Brit Loyal Player

D) Leave it as is.

Lots of feats, hundreds, involve at least a certain element of randomness. The RNG remains a part of the game. The idea of removing or auto-granting anything that people didn't randomly earn within the first two weeks is just ridiculous. We know how to work the mechanics to increase our chances, by taking a pause between each digging. We know how to keep the room going infinitely, by allowing the Golem to be killed. And already increasing numbers of players are earning it through the RNG.

I think my odds of randomness giving me my 4 in a row are undoubtedly higher than the odds of getting a Gorgon Slayer back to drop, because I've been running those raids for over a year without any sign of it happening.
    • Like x 1
  18. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

• Well for one it can't really be expected of players to have to test and try to get every single feat in the entire DLC on test server in less than 2 weeks just to make sure they are working properly
    • Reading the feat it was perfectly valid assumption there would be some sort of tell if it was the correct rock to dig, or the pattern would have remained the same across multiple attempts or rooms and thusly then players would just have to map out over multiple runs which positions had rocks etc
    • Accidental Perfection was only 7 Objects to get 4 in a row perfect and when you picked up the object it had a chance to be any of the 4 locations. With Four in a Row there are 9-11 choices of rocks and once you dig you have zero way to stop the action besides waiting for the current if you want to change your mind and once the rock is dug up you have no other option but to choose another.
    Auto granting is a ludicrous course of action to take but it is really simple to add a tell or just to have to locations fixed each raid so that players would still need to memorize the room pattern or the set groups of patterns and would take just as much coordination rather than completely RNG.
    • Like x 4
  19. dresserball Dedicated Player

Everyone knows an episode's test is on the LIVE server.
    • Like x 2
  20. AberrantAngel Committed Player

It's on to leave as is. It's a random feat it will happen. I don't get spending hours on end attempting the luck based feats on content you are going to run over and over again the 6 month's to a year. It will happen. Just like im still waiting for a complex crime scene to drop. Or people are waiting for man bats or the back from pano e. RNG is king. Im still waiting for any collection piece to drop from the new alert.
    I understand that most other things can be purchased on the broker to complete those feats, which I have done. But it does not change the fact that the complex crime scene has never dropped for me on any one of my toons.
    If when the next DLC drops you want to add a tell them maybe I understand.
    Sometimes it's better to be lucky then good.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.