Any healers using the new orb of Arion yet?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Badname392023, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

-Do you like it?
    -do you miss any artifact you replaced it with sometime?
    -do you feel it’s worth it?

Also can anyone tell me how much xp is required to go from 80 to 120

Back to the artifact I have it and went ahead and leveled it to 80 since I had tons of xo left over it seems solid but uses a lot of power. And combs you guys like? Right now I’m trying out orb of Arion, demon fang and omegahdron

Basically I have the omeg to help with power
    The demon fang also helps with power
    And the Arion is just there for big emergencies

I feel like the 3 combos would work a lot better if I got all them to at least 120 I currently only have the demon fang on 120

Thoughts? My old combo was omeg, starheart, fang
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Yes I swapped out Starheart for the Orb.
    • Like x 1
  3. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Yeah I plan to do this as well and mines is 120ish to.
  4. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

I’m loving it, although my 3 are Demom Fang, Orb and Manacles.
  5. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Pfft. Who needs Manacles when you have Leaguemates to pick you up? :p
    • Like x 1
  6. Isif Committed Player

Interesting. Never thought to use Manacles for healing. Could be a good sub for Lazarus.
  7. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

I’m Water so the cooldown for Shields should be nice (not to 120 yet). And there’s Resto + Dom on it.
  8. Brit Loyal Player

I'm using Fang, Orb, and Omegahedron.

The orb pretty dramatically changes the healing lay-out. Basically, your priority heal that used to be spammable now becomes a very expensive, very powerful HoT. So I've been supplementing it with Power assistance, at least until I get a little more comfortable with the new, different rotation.
    • Like x 2
  9. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

You have a point there.

Players want to use this, but it's kinda changing the way this move traditionally worked. It's a staple move across all healing powersets. Priority heal didn't always mean emergency heal. It was a low power cost, short cooldown, and yes while spammable you decided how spammy it was. Small little heal to top someone off, or spam it to restore more health. Now it's kind of all or nothing.

Design wise they should have put the orb artifact on maybe another healing move. Or if they chose priority heal; given us something else; that's low power cost, short cool down, spammable.

Pro: less button presses; press priority heal once and grab a bagel.
    Con: Lose ability for a short small heal burst on a staple move; have to look elsewhere.

Worst case; I suppose one can always unequip it, but that's not very practical.
  10. Proxystar #Perception

I chucked it on an alt and leveled it to 80 to have a look at it, the power cost is rather significant and like you say it changes the way you heal or utilize your priority heal so you have to make a conscious muscle memory shift in that habit.

I've personally found the omegahedron to be beneficial because the assistance with power management rather than something like the manacles, I understand Little Sisters desire to have a cooldown on the shields, but all we're talking about is 2s on a cooldown as opposed to the better power management that comes with the omegahedron.

Of course that just comes down to playstyle, it'll be interesting to see how it evolves, I don't see myself leveling it up to 160 any time soon though since my healer is just an alt. :)
    • Like x 1
  11. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

As far as I’ve seen in testing, a 160 Omegahedron allows ONE more heal than without it. Obsidian actually did a nice little video on it, it’s pretty worthless.
  12. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

I was initially excited to use this on my Electricity healer but realized it would kill my playstyle. I love Elec's fast, reactive healing so this is a no from me. Instead I'm using maxed Soul Cloak and 120 Demon Fang & Omegahedron. Really digging this set up now.
  13. Proxystar #Perception

A heal you can use and then use your shield again afterwards, like I said it's all really personal play style with the potential being rather negligible one way or the other.

I didn't actually say you were wrong for using it ;)
    • Like x 1
  14. Mystere Well-Known Player

I tried the orb and it is fine in alerts and regular raids but it was awful in elite as the damage for end bosses requires some heal spamming that is faster than the heals from the pet. However the extra power cost for the heal makes spamming the heal short lived. Healing was already cake in alerts and regular raids so all in all I think the orb is a waste. Just my opinion.
  15. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Oh same ! I’m still trying it out. I had my Omegahedron to like 122 I barely noticed it, but I’m pretty good on power anyways.

I like the theory of Manacles so I’m trying it out.
    • Like x 1
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Feel free to let me know how it goes.
  17. JackUSPS Well-Known Player

I use it and I love it. Only problem they need to adress is the issue that the npc priotizes other npcs (e.g. Brick) when they have lower health. It should always prio heal or only heal players only.
  18. Schimaera Devoted Player

That should be a bug then. The priority heal should only heal the healer who summoned the pet and the player with the lowest health. NPCs should not be healed by the artifact's summoned pet.