Is there any easy way to get marks of victory?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by powerwoman274, Nov 10, 2018.

1. powerwoman274 Well-Known Player

I made this to ask anyone if there is an easy of getting marks of victory besides from raids/alerts/duos and solos
    I am having trouble getting marks of victory and i am trying to get the upgrades from the mainframe if anyone can help that would be great :)
  2. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

If your toon is already level 30, and has completed ALL of the mentor story line missions, including the side missions, as well as that artifact intro mission, then you are at the only part of the game where marks are obtained by doing exactly what you're already aware of. The raids and alerts give more than the duos & solos obviously because they have more loot drops due to more mini bosses. The only other thing I can think of is to do as much content as possible to get those frequent prom lock boxes if you're a member, since opening one of those is a guaranteed mark each time.

Not sure what level you are, but have you also done the dailies in Central City and the Toyman dailies on Strykers Island?
  3. powerwoman274 Well-Known Player

I am level 30 cr 158 and i don't really have anything bought only like the titans episode but i still have Strykers Island missions from when they made episodes free during december
  4. powerwoman274 Well-Known Player

I'll try that
  5. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

You can try, but I believe there is a much lower cap on the marks from where you are. Can someone else help on this one please? I don't have the game on right now.
  6. AquiloFury Committed Player

Doomed metropolis gives you like 4 a day, plus the weeklies. Once you hit cr166, Amazon Fury 3 opens up..so you will have 4(3 open world and 1 from the seeing shades mission) and 8 for the weekly 410 mission.
    • Like x 3
  7. powerwoman274 Well-Known Player

Ok thanks
  8. Azreaus Committed Player

Also run the current 'Event' versions of the top DLC content as you'll get MOV and scaling gear drops and the DLC open world usually has a console that gives a free DLC mark/MOV (not sure if open world missions give MOV) and run the Vault as often as you can as you get 1 MOV every time.
    • Like x 4
  9. powerwoman274 Well-Known Player

Ok i will Thanks
  10. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Sometimes you can ask around in the Watchtower if anyone has any extra marks of victory. Nice players will sometimes give you a few extra.

Never pay anyone for marks of victory though. That's against the TOS and some people will try to scam you.
    • Like x 3
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Wow....I should try shouting for MoV in the WT....seems like a great idea. Wonder if someone would trade me some for these extra white mods I have.

I was going to suggest the Doomsday missions as well. It's 4 easy marks (and 1 tough one for DD) you can get daily. And Shadowlands...it's quick (except for waiting for Fate to open the door), and always pays 2 MoV even if you are over level. If you can get into FOS3 with someone over leveled as well....3 selectable MoV, assuming you don't need the gear/styles. Other than that, hit what raids you can, if you can and run open world bounties. The alt rewards boxes pay off a MoV about 1 out of every 7 or so, and you don't need to pick up the bounites anymore...just find them and knock them out. (Does not include CC bounties).

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  12. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Too Funny!
    • Like x 1
  13. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

The Doomed Metropolis missions are great for farming MOV. One of them gives you 8 MOV just for completing it! :D
  14. MrMigraine Devoted Player

The Vault gives one Mark of Victory per day.
    • Like x 1
  15. Highplains Sailor Well-Known Player

You are allowed to have a max of 200 MoV. So if you haven't spent any in a while, and then one day you end up doing a bunch of different content keep an eye on your total. If you have 199 and earn 8 MoV for completing a weekly mission, you get 1 and lose the other 7. Then you see this message (in red) saying you lost 7 Marks of Victory because you are maxed out. Yes, it's my fault for not paying attention at times, but I wish the game would send you a message in the chat box when your MoV reaches 190 as like a warning / reminder; "HEY DUMMY! You've almost got 200 Marks of Victory! Use 'em or lose 'em!"

What I think a lot of people do if they are nearing the max is go to John Constantine and buy a bunch of Catalyst boxes (10 MoV each) to ensure they don't go over the max.
  16. powerwoman274 Well-Known Player