What exactly does "Elite" mean?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Light Bender92, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Where have the devs ever said this?

I mean, I know some players say it, just wondering where you're getting this information from...

Also, I'd like to point out that this entire thread (again) is just about impressions.

No one has shown their stats, and especially, no one has talked about what artifacts they're wearing (such as the new artifacts, that, you know, effectively prevent 1 shots) and how they're using them with shield supercharges, etc. to basically ignore mechanics. No one has talked about what mechanics are present or not present, or how they feel content should be more difficult, etc.

And yet I'm very sure many are still spamming replay badges on this "disgustingly easy" content to grab all of their reknown before it gets potentially buffed.

The devs can buff or not buff content depending on their target audience and completion rates. They have never defined elite, however, or given it the definition many players here seem to understand, i.e., "a replacement for SM." It's not.

Why do many players go after Elite? Ummmm, let's see, it rewards more marks, has enhanced gear styles and drops OP item collections you can't get anywhere else. The gear also costs more marks but produces a discount for all other gear sets (all of which are needed for feats). So, for the devs, "Elite" may be more synonymous with "whales" than "precision, well-formed league groups."
    • Like x 4
  2. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Maybe the devs should give the elite gear set a title-only feat, remove special catalysts and OP collection pieces from elite, make normal raids give the increased mark count, and make elite feats 1 star. Because the elite players are only in it for the challenge, right?
    • Like x 7
  3. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Elite,- a select part of a group that is superior to the rest in terms of abilities or qualities"....If it isnt meant for the top players who seek a challenge then rename it to something else, because it is clearly not elite. Their are three versions 1event(super easy), Regular(easy) and elite(challenging), why make three versions of that content if they arnt meant for different groups of players?

Remember when Mepps said SM was not going to bring SM back? That they were going to be focusing on bringing those elements into elite content? Thats where we are getting the "a replacement for SM" from.
    • Like x 2
  4. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

I don't really have a dog in this fight, but I do think the terms are too complicated to have cemented definitions.

Everything is so fluid, like there are new factors always being thrown in like new artifacts that can make things much easier.....thats not elite, thats paying for a "crutch".

You cant have real elite when the real motive just seems to be making dedicated dcuo players spend money.
    • Like x 4
  5. Wet fluffy Well-Known Player

You could make an argument that if you want stuff harder just do old content but take some gear off or do it with a smaller group.
  6. Shark Dental Devoted Player

The one where he said that only a tiny portion of the population even played SM?

As it is, I'm not saying I'm against difficult elite content, it's totally fine with me. However, people need to give more details when submitting feedback either for or against. The only reason I even joined this thread is because the OP tried to make a point that only "elite" players should comment on "elite" gameplay, but the devs may very well have a very different type of player in mind when setting up rewards in "elite" content, the same player that goes after OP item collections. Do those take skills or money to achieve?
    • Like x 3
  7. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

If this thread tells me anything, it's that the best way to keep all players happy-ish is to have 1 easier Elite raid, OlyE, TTBe, etc & to have 1 which is barely beatable even at max CR of the content.
    • Like x 6
  8. Schimaera Devoted Player

Pfft, I wouldn't care and would still run elite and would argue for the implementation of harder mechanics and content no matter what the casual crowd would think.
    • Like x 2
  9. Wet fluffy Well-Known Player

As it happens, seems the stats of the elite gear arent needed by anyone to complete the elite raids.

I get what your saying and agree. What I’m trying to point out is though is you have a gear set that needs grinding out and people want it now, not 6 months time. If you alienate them then it must be bad business surely?
    • Like x 2
  10. Shark Dental Devoted Player

This is actually a pretty great idea.

Although I'm pretty sure most "Elite" groups have spoken as far as the metrics are concerned TTBe vs SSE, remember that, lol?
    • Like x 3
  11. Schimaera Devoted Player

Devs stated in multiple live streams before and after the revamp that elite isn't ment for everyone and that they know that not every endgame player will beat it when it is released. Some may beat it later though.

I'm not bothering looking through all the episode livestreams again. However you can check them if you want :3
    • Like x 2
  12. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

It's exactly why I'd never pretend to be Elite - it was TTBe 11-12 weeks in a row for me :)
    • Like x 2
  13. Shark Dental Devoted Player

14. Wet fluffy Well-Known Player

It’s a shame PVP and SM aren’t around anymore. Those folks involved heavily in it could bother each other about who was the best or the first.
  15. Wet fluffy Well-Known Player

You know getting better costs more money now?
  16. ALB Dedicated Player

This is a great idea but the elite will get mad because the "lesser" players are running the easier raid and have exact gear. Other MMOs elite players stand out because of gear. DC elite don't, because the difference from elite players to casual is like an extra 5-60 minutes in elite raids where in other mmos yhe casual will probably never have same gear. This is why I label DC a casual mmo for casual players. This is why I love DC
    • Like x 3
  17. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

There are a few games that actually mix financial and elite well but those games have different set ups from the get go and have been doing things like that since the beginning. Elite content was made late in this game and due to a variety of factors never managed to continue to "gel" after a certain point.

Also I don't think theirs enough "elite" left in this game to waste time to making elite content "more elite" but what do I know.

:p
    • Like x 1
  18. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Population dropped signifigantly after OC and the devs even acknowledged that the launch of OC was a mistake to a degree.

Your logic is also faulty due to based off of how much progression is now allowable tied to the marketplace than ever before (with higher subs they never would have needed such things)
  19. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

Well, Crown of Thorns Elite already puts me to sleep just because of how long and tedious it is without really any danger of dying until last boss, so you have that covered as an easy Elite raid.

And Throne Elite isn't much harder to get through. However, at least it isn't as boring. That's a plus, right? For a DLC that will probably be lasting us until March, it's honestly sad from the perspective of the players who play for the Elite content, that this is what we have left to look forward to as for as raids while grinding out marks and gear for everything the DLC has to offer.

Your idea is just a testament to what the Elite layout has been since Pan and Escape. There is an easier and a harder one. It's just the harder one hasn't been hard enough a lot of the time in some people's eyes. I thought Machine E was nice.
    • Like x 1
  20. Light Bender92 Well-Known Player

Anymore bragging you'd like to do? Lol. DC at it's heart may be a casual game but elite in essence should be hard, period. It's like if survival mode came out again and you could get to level 99 easily with a pug group.. no one would be on the forums saying "well it's a casual game" that's not the point.
    • Like x 1