Please stop with the Henchmen

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Thunderstrikke, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Thunderstrikke Well-Known Player

Dear DPS,

I'm a tank. You may have noticed the new raids have alot of ads running around with the bosses. And then as usual, there's alot of power special effects going on, including blinding lightning strikes and what have you. Lastly, there are henchmen surrounding me. Everywhere. And my visibility (and thus my ability to keep you alive) has been severely compromised. Like seriously, I was looking for red dots on the mini map to see what direction to throw my pulls in. For those of you using the henchmen:

1. THEY DON'T WORK AS GOOD AS YOU THINK. See this excellent video from Obsidian Chill on why you shouldn't be using them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV1t5N0ChV8
    2. If you insist on using them, please, please please, no more Man-Bats. These are the worst. Look I get it, they are super cool, but I can't see anything with those things flapping around.
    3. Again, if you must use henchmen, go for the ranged ones so they stay out of my face.

Thanks for the support,

You're friendly neighborhood Tank
    • Like x 9
  2. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

if i had a dollar for every time i got stuck by them trying to get out of the way of something i'd have about 50 extra dollars right now

i hate them with a passion.
    • Like x 3
  3. Drathmor Unwavering Player

[IMG] lol i couldn't help it
    • Like x 6
  4. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

This is a more advanced tactic I guess, but when I'm tanking im usually jumping up and over the adds to readjust myself a lot.

I'd rather people use anything they have if it means the boss dies faster so i can leave the raid faster lol
    • Like x 4
  5. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Henchman take some Aggro away from you and give you the opportunity to hit harder and more often.
    If your in a single iconic boss fight for example.
    You can more likely hit with "Fire Burst" than without.
    • Like x 1
  6. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

But that's the sole argument against the henchman :p they are trash damage the manbats do like 35k damage. 35k is what some regular powers hit for every 3 seconds. Henchman have always been garbage but players get some notion they need to have them in their utility belts instead of other trinket pets.
    • Like x 2
  7. MrMigraine Devoted Player

But ... but ... Pew Pew! :oops:
    • Like x 1
  8. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Oh wow thats pretty bad yea lol
  9. Yvtq8K3n Committed Player

Man-bats are love! They always stay between me and the boss:3 preventing some sweet damage:3 Sucks on adds, but better 35k then nothing right=D
    • Like x 2
  10. Ryuvain Active Player

Hopefully the hencemen can get a buff so they can be useful instead of for the style of them. If they could help the tank or the one calling them with heals or taunts like the sidekick instead of just simply for indirectly eating damage.
  11. Knarlydude Loyal Player

[IMG]

[IMG] LOL
    • Like x 1
  12. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Is it ok if I use the zeus trinket while a couple Quantums are using distortion wave and spamming powers? xD

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  13. Schimaera Devoted Player

Yeah they do if there is no tank and you do less damage than the henchmens do lol.
  14. Disruptor Well-Known Player

I prefer to use the Sidekick. Maxed out: the sidekick can put a shield around you, restore some power and heal.

I did the henchman once to try the Atlanteans, but to me the Sidekick is a better choice.

It might not do much damage, but the number of times that shield or healing the Sidekick can do has saved me... The Sidekick also stays out longer.

I'd like to see a new Sidekick trinket
    • Like x 1
  15. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

My GL costume uses the Qwardians.
    I wish they would release sidekick styles. Because a sidekick is just one, but I bet a lot of people use henchman because the sidekicks are plain. If they had released a single Manbat as a sidekick, or a Star Sapphire or other lantern as a sidekick instead of three Qwardians, or maybe obscure/less-used-in-game characters as sidekicks (Arsenal, Mon El, Nightwing) as sidekicks they might get used more.

...and yes I know those three examples aren’t obscure, but they don’t appear much in-game compared to JLA. So if we push enough for Sidekick styles maybe we might get them and maybe people will use them.
    After all, not being plain is literally the only reason I use orbital strike and henchmen.
  16. Disruptor Well-Known Player

For sidekick styles, use the various heroes/villains that were used with the H-Dial

Those are obscure and one-offs.
  17. spack2k Steadfast Player

but i gotta show them all that i have those rare henchmen tho
  18. JKwak Well-Known Player

if the raid team or alert team is too good and i feel unchallenged in my role i use not only henchmen i throw all my toys around just for sh*t and giggles.

best place to show of your rare henchmen is the watchtower, raids in general are not a good place to show of your cool rare stuff because only 7 people per time can see it,
  19. Brit Loyal Player

I'd use a Sidekick if I could give some basic appearance decisions. Like an Amazon looking girl for my Amazonian looking heroine, instead of getting some spandex boy.

In a perfect world, we would be able to outfit them the same way we can our heroes, at least with Head, Chest, Legs, and Back. But failing that, I just want some generic options like Atlantean Sidekick, Amazon Sidekick, Soldier Sidekick, etc.
    • Like x 1