exceptions and thoughts from Atlantis

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Eve YouTuber

What are your exceptions and thoughts from Atlantis?

Mine are:

• Good, enjoyable content (I loved the Titans storyline, although I feel like we didn't get enough
      missions, and they were repetitive. Raids were fun and duo too, didn't enjoy the alert.) so hoping
      I get more into the story with Atlantis, and enjoy the new mechanics.
    • Good styles. (Loved the Cyborg style, for not really fitting a female character). I was impressed
      with what I've seen so far on the stream \ test server. But still haven't seen it on a female character,
      most of it, so I don't know if I'll like it or not.
    • Difficulty. From what I tested on test server I was sooo impressed and I LOVED how hard it was.
      Mostly the raids. I didn't test the alert. Solo is good. I enjoy solo content a lot. I feel like the Devs
      stepped up a level with Difficulty and It makes me happy. I don't like it too easy or too hard. It's just
      perfect in my eyes.
    • The ability to swim. THANKS DEVS! This is like - a dream come true. If we can't have the actual
      movement (Because lets face it, it will be weird to swim around Metropolis.) We can swim at Atlantis.
      It somewhat very relaxing. It makes the gameplay feel refreshing.
    • I'm definitely happy with more Aquaman content due to my Water healer, but more because I waited for
      and I know other people did for so long. The ability to swim, characters like Aqualad, King Shark etc, making it to the game. It's like a dream come true.

To finish it I will say that I can't wait to dive in and play some DCUO today.
    • Like x 4
  2. tukuan Devoted Player

I liked what I ran on test. Look and feel is great, love the new base items and the instances have some different mechanics.

That said, I would have liked a little more character to specific areas in the outside zone. It's kinda hard to find landmarks like you would in the cities.

Also I always like at least one duo in content. It's a great bridge from the event content to the normal content to help determine if you're ready to take the training wheels off. Also duos are my goto when I want to just take a quick break from work logon and run something for less the 15 min.
    • Like x 1
  3. L T Devoted Player

I expect tons of raid groups to wipe as healers gain access to the new Orb artifact and proceed to spam heals with a base power cost of 750. I expect that those healers will blame the troll.
    • Like x 6
  4. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Old boy said he wasunderwheled by the difficulty of the raids.

I expect prayers being sent to the “nerf hammer God” by sat!

I expect “the mangle” artifact to be hated upon..TODAY!

I expect level 242s with dropped gear to wanna raid Elite...also today!
  5. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Does anyone know if Torikumu put out his exhaustive thread on the new Atlantis?
  6. Schimaera Devoted Player

How about you take a quick look into the Oracle's Database Section? :po_O
  7. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Thank you, I did not know that it would be there.
  8. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I logged on when it went live and did the solo and all the UNDERSEA(??) content LOL I enjoyed the solo... nothing too complicated just keep running away from the Crown of Thorns and beating the tar out of anything that gets in your way. Now I did like the daily/weekly missions outdoors(??)) sort of wondering do with all that room on the map do the contacts have a few missions we can run so you are not doing the same thing again and again and again? Titan island was okay but Cyborg and raven each had three missions aside for the one you got from Nightwing after you completed 5 from which ever one was active THAT week. And as long as that DLC lasted man it was getting old running those over and over and over.

Now I already saw a comment in game about it so I am sure at some point the thread will appear... One guy thought the weekly "collect 100 relics" mission sucked. Funny I joined a 6 man team (that's right not even 8) and in about 8 minutes we were done. For those who have not been there yet. You find and break open Treasure chests and collect the Relics inside. The number various but most of the ones I opened had between 3 to 5 relics each. The thing handed me 8 pieces of currency and a reward box with armor inside... ITS once a week so suck it up and do it or just don't take THAT mission.

The zone itself is amazing. Love the artwork and they did a really good job making it possible for us to swim. I MAY need to get a separate armory just for the zone.. Looks a bit odd swimming in my boots. LOL

I'm on a break now form dinner so the alert and raids will get their first look later but so far I like what I see
    • Like x 1
  9. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Any villains gotten wet yet? Wondering if they have continued the "Villains being Villains" from the last two DLCs and not slipt back into the tired "Villains are simply misunderstood Heros" shtick
  10. tukuan Devoted Player

I had the chance to run some collections just before I had to leave for work which I didn't do much of on test. Those certainly change things up since some are just floating no where near a platform roof or the like. There's a new learning curve there which TBH is kinda refreshing.
    • Like x 2
  11. Ryuvain Active Player

Sorry, we are hired bodyguards or mercenaries here.

That said, I don't mind being hired for cash in good content like this. Did all the instances and both raids were new, different, and fun. Probably my favorite raids in the game now.
    • Like x 3
  12. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

So okay evaluation part 2? I did the alert and the two raid this evening... Blind pug They were all good and I wont spoil the ending as far as who beats on who and so on... You want to know ..RUN the missions LOL Expect a bit more involved missions than you MAY be used to. There are objects to click, objects to transport... oh and when the boss battles start... I STRONGLY suggest you pay attention to what is happening around you because waves and waves of mobs will show up and you better knock them out and not just stand there firing away at the boss.. heck on a couple battle the "BOSS" will flat out disappear and not come back till the other stuff is done. Had a few players on one knee... in particular our Tank on the one raid but no team wipes and we wlaked out with our rewards in hand.

I agree with Tukan... the one thing I would have liked to see was a duo. I am not one of those players that spends 87 replays to do a raid more than once a week .. So as of NOW I have the solo challenge and the alert along with the daily missions I can do the rest of the week. :( BUT I enjoy swimming around and want to spend more time doing it. That aside I am satisfied with the DLC. let's go kick some FISH BUTT! They have butts right?
    • Like x 3
  13. Dene Devoted Player

Was searching for collections & thought of you - in Atlantis the Nth Metal "Timer" we have includes collections, id collect a "?" and id sometimes get Nth Metal, TC and/or Lockbox - For some reason I thought of your posts about nth metal drops and thought you'd like that lol
    • Like x 2
  14. Disruptor Well-Known Player

I dislike time limits in my solos, but I will deal with it.

I would have also liked to see a duo.

One thing that happened in this up-date was the occasional dropping of nth metal and time capsules from the exobyte nodes(Yes, I'm still grinding on that silly feat of gathering what is the maximum feat? 250,000?.) My exo farming route is going to get a lot more use and I'm quite sure I will use the exo-scanners that I was gifted with a while back.
    • Like x 1
  15. Dene Devoted Player

weird - I just wrote about collections doing that :)

I agree - its great, i do not need to stop while im farming to "remember" to kill an add. Makes sense, I mean not every minute of the game is fighting enemies
  16. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

So, back to the Same Ole Same Ole faux Villains we were under Lexxie's 'directions'
    Sooo very disappoint :(

Yeah, Chris discovered that bit about getting Nth Metal from collection nodes after picking one up inside the Hall of Dolphins
    • Like x 1
  17. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

The other thing noted, Mera kinda... pauses ...right before saying "honor your efforts" (or what ever the proper line is), as though it's a trap, that's the sort of thing one expects to hear from Luthor or Ocean Master, not the 'good fish wife'
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Especially since it’s a very tight window. I literally rushed through, only killing lieutenants and using HL shield to press switches and still only barely made it.
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

So, count on a lot of failed Solo's until either it gets 'fixed' or we get told "Enough people have been succeeding, git gud or get out"
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I mean I can just about make it by the skin of my teeth if I make 0 errors, but I don’t have any idea how you could possibly get the Drift Destruction feat. Stopping for anything more than about five seconds dooms me to get trapped in the last section.