PCTest Update: PC Graphics

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Savior Prime, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Kuno Loyal Player

That's why I'm saying it doesn't make sense. PCs have better graphic cards and ram, so they should have sharper and higher definition graphics, not the other way around. PS4 has engine limitations, PCs dont.
  2. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Yeah, sadly these styles are old and were built in a different time period, using techniques that are different than those being used today. The textures and models don't have the high resolutions needed to display a lot of details.

But as you pointed out, even though the style still doesn't look great on PS4, the PC version seems to still have issues that somehow make it look even worse.

In theory, as long as the PS4 and PC versions are being fed the same textures, they should both look exactly the same. So there seems to be an issue affecting the older styles.

The newer styles, on the other hand, seem to be completely resolved. The images I posted above of the Riddler style and the Gotham University letterman show that the quality on PC is now on par with PS4.
    • Like x 2
  3. Kuno Loyal Player

No new patch or update regarding this?
    Im dissappointed. Seems like more recent styles have more definition but the overall graphics is still worse on pc than PS4.
    Why is so difficult to have the same build and same graphical settings for all plataforms?
    If I could switch my pc account for PS4 I would. Always felt like second class player.
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

As it turns out, there were several other segments and sections of gear needing to be upgraded to match PS4. We are pulling this from GU88 and will get it ready for 89.
    • Like x 9
  5. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

Have you guys considered to set Vsync to 60fps lock instead of 30 as well? As far as I know PS4 got such option.
    • Like x 5
  6. Kuno Loyal Player

Its not just gear, its textures, frames... PS4 graphics are faster, more fluid and texture has higher definition and more vibrant feel.
    How come there are 2 different settings / builds for the same game? You guys cant just match PC settings copying console ones?
  7. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

PS4 uses Antialiasing and I believe texture filtering as well.
    You can enable that in your graphicsdriver.

But texture resolution needs to be done by the devs....
  8. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Which graphiccard do you have?
    In my testing I found that the fps lock is not working at all on my system. GTX 1050 ti. Without capping it by other means the game becomes unstable due to generating up to 300 FPS.
  9. 01 Cantore Level 30

good really I would like a lot of time to dedicate a bit of time for the graphics of the game for pc because I have 7 years playing it and it's the same really would be very nice to play with a more defined and more fluid graphic art I hope and take Find the graphics for PC of this game is very good game but in graphic is wrong
    • Like x 2
  10. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Is there any update when we can see this on PCTest? Is it still planned for GU 89?
  11. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

It appears to be on PC test right now.

Here's a screenshot I took the other day, showing the PC version of the LOA head, now with the PS4's texture quality:

[IMG]

It's a little difficult to see, but the most noticable place to check is the metal band on the head, which now has the jackal emblem engraved in it.
    • Like x 1
  12. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

ah! thx!
  13. Napoleon Well-Known Player

My biggest gripe is the smoothness of game-play, it just isn't there and even after all these years..it remains the same.

PC version feels like 60 FPS, sometimes. Other times I could be doing something as simple as turning in a crowded area in The Hall Of Doom or flying through Metro/Goth and it feels like the FPS drops to 30. Doesn't matter if I lock FPS, manually use vsync through graphics drivers, lower FPS to 59, some movement in DCUO just feels slow compared to the frame rate being reported. I've used counters that all report steady 60 fps, but visually..it doesn't appear smooth which I can only equate to the PC version having a locked fps (although third party programs might be reporting 60 FPS, it's not really running at that.)

It's a strange phenomenon and I only really started noticing it after ditching DCUO for awhile and playing other games. The question remains unanswered by developers why the 30 fps lock is still there.
    • Like x 1
  14. 01 Cantore Level 30

I hope they put more graphics to the pc platform as I said that in gu89 what to do I'm waiting for that aver if enverdad aran
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The upgrade did not make it for 89. We expect it to hit live soon.
    • Like x 1
  16. Brother Allen Loyal Player

[IMG]
  17. 01 Cantore Level 30

mepps hopefully agan something for pc players because I've been playing for 7 years and always in the same graphics it's time to think a bit about the pc players and we like to play with good graphics please take into account players of pc
  18. 01 Cantore Level 30

mepps hopefully agan something for pc players because I've been playing for 7 years and always in the same graphics it's time to think a bit about the pc players and we like to play with good graphics please take into account players of pc
  19. Vagrant Committed Player

Actually we got a HD texture pack back in 2014? So roughly only 4 years of the same graphics.
  20. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

:(