Test Discussion Dead King's Scepter - Artifact

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Batuba, Nov 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batuba Developer

Hey all!

Please use this thread to provide feedback on the Dead King's Scepter.

Thanks!

-UPDATE-
    11/5/2018

We have made the following change to DKS coming next update on the test realms.
    Orbital Strike CD will now only increase to 15% CD reduction (down from 25%).

Due to the nature of Orbital Strike damage, we felt that the CD reduction was slightly too generous. We will continue to monitor feedback on this thread and continue to adjust numbers as necessary. Thanks!

-UPDATE-
    11/6/2018

We have made the following change to DKS coming next update on the test realms.
    Orbital Strike CD will now be 20% CD reduction at rank 80 (up from 15%).
  2. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Question regarding the Orbital Strike damage. The Orbital strike ticks remain constant with and without the artifact equipped at 22,000 and on 8 targets this will be 1,056,000 damage with the artifact and 880,000 without it (at 160). The difference is 18.18% which is fine close enough to 20% but the extra damage from the artifact doesn't register anywhere, it doesn't show as extra ticks, it doesn't show in the combat log, it only registers in the damage summary. My concern here is that we really have no way of telling visually that the artifact is working as intended in content unless we test with zero other damage and compare which wouldn't happen in a raiding situation.

There is there any way to add something so we actually know its giving us this 20% damage increase?

*Edit I know we have that trident staff icon but maybe if that was changed to actually provide the damage bonus we could see from the extra damage ticks from the trident that the 20% increase was working normally always.
    • Like x 4
  3. spack2k Steadfast Player

would be nice if we could switch the power % with the might % or health % or if we could go instead of 5,3,3 with 4,4,4 ?
  4. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Could the combat log show the extra tick/damage as coming from the Scepter? So it would show like:
    Your Orbital Strike hit for XXX
    Your Dead King's Scepter hit for XXX

It seems like that would prevent any of the issues pointed out, and also make testing the damage values easier.

Putting the 5% in might seems too strong. First, it allows a player a full 10% when played along with Solar Amplifier, second it removes the uniqueness of the 5% value on the Amplifier.

Also, 5,3,3 =/= 4,4,4, that would be an extra 1%. Now, 4% Power, 4% Might, 3% Health, would be interesting, and seems a better fit too.
  5. spack2k Steadfast Player

either way going with 5% power is the least beneficial since a soda restores the whole bar. I believe 5% health is most beneficial cause of increased survivability.
  6. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

A soder restores your whole bar of health as well which makes health less beneficial as well using your same argument. I actually like the 5% power because I was debating user this artifact as a controller seeing as trinket and supply drop rotations are just as common for us, and sometimes I have to put on orbital strike because of dps checks in bosses and the dps in the group wasted or mishit theirs early.

EDIT: I put mis hit together and it got cen sored lol
    EDIT2: Apparently that got maturified so secondary edit needed .
  7. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

Question: Is the CC Trinket registered as a stat buff trinket still even though it doesn't anymore? Having a 10% cd decrease applied to that would give my entire controller utility belt a cd reduction. (cc trinket, atlantean trinket, supply drop, reg stat buff). I'd also vouch for making it 15% at 160 rank.
  8. spack2k Steadfast Player

Speaking from a controller pint of view, my argument pro health % instead of power % makes alot more sense since i never run out of power and i dont need more power i need max health more than anything else since controller out of all roles have lowest health points to give more room to react to some scripted attacks.
  9. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

We had the lowest health before revamp. That was changed. All the gear pieces give the same health and power if I remember right, including tank. At least it was at that point when we tested with Mepps in Nexus for revamp testing like halfway through. And just because you never run out of power doesn't mean people who run other rotations don't. I've had an old troll spec I haven't been able to run in years since the beginning of AM era that I can't run because it drains too much power.
  10. spack2k Steadfast Player

So your argument is based on an old troll spec since the beginning of AM era:rolleyes:, sounds legit.
  11. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

My argument is based on the acceptance that other people have playstyles they enjoy and artifacts are meant to cater to variety and customization. Having an argument based on that is more valid than an argument based on assumptions are factually incorrect. I don't approve of battle and hybrid/cc trolls hurting the group for the sake of what they want, but when I see an opportunity for them to benefit and it doesn't hurt anyone, I'm going to speak on their behalf.
  12. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

so 5:46 you can see it does 22k damage 5 times that is a total of 110k at rank 140!

so at 8:40 you can it does 22k damage 6 times! that is a total of 132k at rank 160!
  13. Batuba Developer

Due to the way Orbital Strikes are set up and how DKS communicates with them, I don't believe this would be possible without larger scale changes. On that note, perhaps instead of saying does 20% more damage, that Orbital Strike now ticks 1 additional time of damage (or something along those lines) might make the damage from this artifact easier to understand/read on it's tooltip.
    • Like x 3
  14. Aerith Rose Committed Player

I would like this to work more as an upgrade instead of taking up an artifact slot. In a similar way to the bottled city soder. This way all players can rank up and use it without having to sacrifice role specific artifacts.
    • Like x 1
  15. spack2k Steadfast Player

I dont know where to leave that information but the old artifacts are broken on test server, for example Dilustel Refractor and Tetrahedron of Urgrund dont buff at all also the artifacts who should buff health for controll and heal.
  16. Penryn The Gadgeteer

The Tetrahedron of Urgrund is working for me. What are you seeing?
  17. spack2k Steadfast Player

nothing no effect at all on current tab, switched the artifact between all 3 slots, no difference.
  18. Penryn The Gadgeteer

That part is broken.

What happens if you try comparing your stats before and after casting? My Might stat changed with Tetrahedron of Urgrund.
  19. spack2k Steadfast Player

yeah stats are changing , looks like its the current tab not showing the buff which was irritating me since it does show the buff for other might buffs like tactical mods
  20. Batuba Developer

Updated original post with upcoming changes to Dead King's Scepter.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.