Test Discussion Manacles of Force - Artifact

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Batuba, Nov 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batuba Developer

Hey All!

Please use this thread to provide feedback on the Manacles of Force artifact.

Thanks!

-UPDATE-
    11/5/2018
    Following changes will be coming to test servers for Manacles of Force:
    • Damage threshold to proc manacles has changed to 35% (up from 25%).
    • Cooldown of Manacles of Force proc has increased to 60 seconds (up from 30) from ranks 80-159 and 50 seconds at rank 160.
    After player feedback and internal discussion, we are pushing this artifact to be more of a clutch save by increasing health threshold and cooldown. With it's low cooldown, it was allowing players to ignore certain game mechanics as they were of similar cooldowns. It is our intent to have this artifact be more of a clutch save and less of a "lets ignore mechanics!" ;)
    We will continue to monitor and tweak numbers as needed as testing continues.

-UPDATE-
    11/6/2018
    Following changes will be coming to test servers for Manacles of Force on the next test build:
    • Damage threshold to proc manacles has changed to 30% (down from 35%)
    • Cooldown of Manacles at rank 160 reduced to 45 seconds (was 50 seconds)
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m not actually on test so this is pure theory craft. 25 seconds seems like a very long cool down considering that the damage is staggered rather than outright prevented. Also can we make the visuals tintable using our colour palette 1 like Hard Light Shield is? Again, just a thought. :)
  3. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Im pretty sure they are looking for first hand testing to see how players like the artifacts. So you might wanna jump on test and try it for yourself before you form an opinion. Second, you might wanna consider the fact that the Artifact is an iconic weapon in comic lore, and the devs may not have the right from DC to change its color or let players tint it in any way. I heavily doubt its meant to be style item, but rather a piece of combat equipment with special abilities, that happen just so to have iconic visuals to go with it. I think the visuals help the tank know when its active and gives the healers heads up for when to throw sufficient heals.
  4. Schimaera Devoted Player

The CD shouldn't be that big of an issue considering that this artifact would most likely be used by tanks only. There aren't that many insane big OMG hits a tank gets. The only thing the artifact does is converting spike damage in Damage over Time from time and reducing your shield's CD.
  5. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

I agree. Also, 25 sec isnt long for a cooldown anyway...its like waiting (5 seconds shorter) for the hardlight iconic shield to come back around after use.
  6. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

bug alert!!
    with this artifact i am confused i see no damage absorbtion when i loose 25% hp with at rank 160?? i think this is a bug!

if you look at 5:00 i took my hp down to 75% which is a loss of 25% i saw no reduction in damage or damage absorption even working?

the cooldown of shields works great !! so now for ice tanks this gonna be op!!!
  7. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

It's because that's not how the artifact works. You need to take ONE hit that will do 25% of your health, its not cumulative damage. It's really easy to see because you didn't proc the bracers in the video either. If you see my example below you'll see or you just simply have to go to doomed metro and walk into Doomsday's aura and you'll get those 30k ticks on you and you'll see the artifact proc and the difference in survivability with and without it.

8. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

hmm i see so burst damage instead of damage over time!
  9. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

What do you mean? The ticks of the doomsday aura turn to 17k and the damage that is redirected from the absorption is handled by my sheild. I still have about 30-35% health after the artifact proc where when I go back into the field without the artifact proc I am on 1% health after 2 ticks.
  10. Batuba Developer

One thing I would like to clarify for MoF. Proc only triggers when it's 25% of your max HP in damage taken away from your health. So let me give you three case scenarios to clarify what I mean:

Case #1:
    Tank 'A' has total 1000 HP. He takes a single hit for 250 damage. MoF will proc, making him take 125 damage upfront, and the remaining 125 damage over time.

Case #2:
    Tank 'B' has a total 1000 HP. He takes a single hit for 250 damage, HOWEVER, he has a shield active which absorbs 100 damage. Tank 'B' only takes 150 (250 dmg - 100 absorption) and MoF does NOT proc.

Case #3:
    Tank 'C' has a total of 1000 HP. He takes a single hit for 350 damage, HOWEVER, has a shield active which absorbs 100 damage. Tank 'C' takes 250 damage after absorption which is enough to trigger MoF, thus he takes 125 damage upfront, and the remaining 125 over time.
    • Like x 5
  11. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

thanks for clearing tht up :)
  12. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I haven't tried this artifact yet, but I do have a question about Case #3.

For the remaining 125 damage, can the tank put up a new shield to absorb the damage ticks? I'm wondering if it is dealt directly to the player or if it is something that can be shielded.
    • Like x 1
  13. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Does this artifact stack with Back Mods ?

Specifically if used with Accelerated Bubble, the shield’s cooldown would be 20% faster ?

Or would it be 10% of that 90% ?

I hope I’m making sense.
    • Like x 2
  14. Batuba Developer

The damage ticks from the manacles proc can most definitely be absorbed by shield, thus part of the synergy from the shield CD :)
    So back to case study #1
    Tank 'A' has total 1000 HP. He takes a single hit for 250 damage. MoF will proc, making him take 125 damage upfront, and the remaining 125 damage over time. Tank 'A' then casts a shield which gives 200 damage worth of absorption. Tank 'A' absorbs 125 damage from DoT with shield and has a remaining amount of 75 shield left over.

Hope that helps!

As for the back mod that reduces shield CD, I would assume (I would need to check to be sure) that is multiplicative and not additive. So if you have a 60 second CD shield which is reduced by 10% (54 seconds), you would then have another 10% off that 54 seconds (48.6 seconds)
    • Like x 3
  15. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Thanks Batuba.

Question
    Should I expect Manacles to decrease the cooldown of Amazonian Deflection? That power automatically puts you in block and provides the user a very strong shield. My expectation is that it won't decrease the cooldown of Amazonian Deflection, but I figured I should check during downtime.
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

My ideas were purely conjecture, if anyone actually testing them says I’m wrong, then I’m wrong.
  17. Batuba Developer

I'll have to check on Monday, however, I believe it only affects shields that are core to your power set. I don't believe its affecting iconics. Again, I will have to verify.
  18. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    For the 10% shield cooldown reduction, should the base or reduced cooldown numbers be showing up in the loadout UI?
  19. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Thanks Batuba.

From what I'm measuring, the Manacles are working with Iconic shields like Hard Light Shield. 30 second cooldown without versus 27 cooldown using the Manacles for that power.
  20. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    Manacles provides no benefits for Gadgets Battle Drone (Group Shielding SC).

Level 160 Artifact Cooldown Test:
    No Artifacts: 60 seconds
    Manacles: 60 seconds
    Scrap of the Soul Cloak: 47 seconds
    Scrap of the Soul Cloak and Manacles: 47 seconds

The issue maybe that Battle Drone does not have the [Shield] tag on its description, but it is a shielding power in Controller role.

Contrast that with Mental's Bastion (Group Shielding SC).
    No Artifacts: 60 seconds
    Scrap of the Soul Cloak: 46 seconds
    Scrap of the Soul Cloak and Manacles: 41 seconds

So Manacles and Soul Cloak stack there.

EDIT:
    The problem is that Battle Drone needs the [Shield] tag to benefit from this artifact.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.