Test Discussion Episode 33: Atlantis (Open World)

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Meowtapes, Oct 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meowtapes Developer

Hello everyone and welcome to the beautiful city of Atlantis!

The team has been working very hard on making this underwater city magical for all of you and I hope that you have fun exploring it! Please comment in this thread with any feedback that you have about the open world missions.

You will be unable to access the open world until you complete the Royal Palace solo and you will have to complete the first part of the story mission before the rest of the open world quests unlock.

Known Issues (10/24):
    • The Giant Brinehulk bounty mission still needs some polish and is currently too easy.
    • The trench creatures are also undergoing some polish and need grounding attacks.
    • There are currently no feats or collections.
    For comments specifically about swimming, please post them in this thread: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/swimming.299239/
    • Like x 1
  2. DoctorP2 Well-Known Player

Having great fun with the open world so far, but there's a weak spot where it's possible to get outside the map. Like this:
    [IMG]

The entry point is at this spot in the minimap, right next to the hideout. Dive down from here:

[IMG]

And then go down into the light colored area:
    [IMG]

From there, you can wiggle your way out of the map. I did it three times.
    • Like x 5
  3. Vagrant Committed Player

The swarm mission is incredibly easy and repeatable not sure if that is intended or if it was meant to be a little harder.
  4. ImCrowley Developer

On it thank you!
    • Like x 1
  5. Meowtapes Developer

It is a weekly repeatable mission and I am currently doing an ability pass on it. How many people did you do the mission with or did you do it solo?
  6. Penryn The Gadgeteer

It is incredibly easy to solo:

People are mass farming this mission for hundreds of easy marks.
  7. Vagrant Committed Player

With the right setup your could solo it currently. Right now it says it requires 4 people, but orbital and one other person and the adds die almost instantly. On test we were doing this quest in SECONDS.
  8. Anak Panah Well-Known Player

Wow, what an amazing detail rich environment. I love dwelving through the kelp areas. :cool:

This environment begs for thorough exploration, so please add collections as well as briefings and/or investigations. I was swimming around for like 10 minutes and saw neither of those.

Cheers,
    AP
    • Like x 1
  9. Vagrant Committed Player

They said in one of the first posts they have not added them yet.
    • Like x 2
  10. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    The "Rath Propaganda" mission isn't very fun. The objective of the mission is to shutdown 10 signs. The problem is that the signs are spread out and each one is guarded by a large number of Drift soldiers. The fewest guards I saw for one sign was four. Five to Six guards per sign was fairly common.

This mission seems like it is going to be ripe for objective stealing. That is when another player follows you around and they activate the objective cogs while you fight the bad guys.

Will fighting the Drift soldiers around the signs give the player credit even if they don't turn the cog?

As is, 5 signs seems far more reasonable than 10.

To illustrate the problem, here is what I keep seeing:
    [IMG]

If you attempt to interact with the sign, it draws the aggro of most nearby Drift Soldiers.
    • Like x 3
  11. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    The "Chicken of the Sea" mission can be a giant pain too. If you are having a streak of bad luck, you'll have to fight several Brine Hulks before you find one that can be transported. Here is an example:

Can the odds of getting a "cooperative" Brine Hulk be increased?
  12. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    1. Cages don't work very well when a prisoner doesn't spawn inside of one:

There are several cages/prisoners in the area like that. Flying around the area, I counted at least 8 of them.

2. In the same area, the Drift Soldiers exhibit odd movements:

These soldiers just keep walking in a straight line and then snapping back to their original spawn position. It makes for a jarring playing experience.
    • Like x 1
  13. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

This might be classified as the "known issue"

but I figured I'd report it anyway as it's more than just a case of it being too easy:

The Brine Hulk doesn't seem to be able to hit me with any of his attacks, except the Toxic Spit attack. None of his strikes connect.

• Like x 2
  14. Zamara Dedicated Player

I have an issue with the audio, not sure if it's something in the game but every single sound makes static ever since this last update.
    Music, effects, voices everything produces static when it plays and it's only inside the game, i thought it was the new content but it happens in the watchtower and bases too.
    Only way to stop the static was to turn down all in game sound. I tabbed out of the game and tried playing a video and it was all normal but right when i went back to the game it started again.
  15. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

That is why we have shields. I found it very easy to do.
    • Like x 1
  16. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I forgot the mission name, but one of the missions could possibly use an indication on the minimap for its encounters. Below is an image showing a knocked down Atlantean. I've pointed to the icon on the minimap representing the soldier. It looks just like all the other adds in the area. So far, I've only noticed the knocked down Atlanteans on the sea floor. If that's the intended height of this mission, it would at least help to mention they are on the sea floor so people aren't looking through every add in the entire height of the area.
    [IMG]
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Can you try a full reboot of your PC, and let us know if this is still happening?
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

19. Zamara Dedicated Player

I rebooted and my pc later that day and it updated when I did, not sure what got updated but sounds seems good so far, could've been the reboot or the update that got it fixed, tried checking what got updated but the update window wasn't loading when I tried to check.
  20. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

The minimap markers aren't consistent with other open world zones:

For the mission to pick up KO'd Atlanteans, the Atlanteans are still up until we get in range. At this point they should be green markers. Once KO'd, they should turn white. That way the player knows which adds to go after (see Doomed Metro where STAR fights LexCorp) as different quests share the same zone.

In the mission with the caged Atlanteans, the cages should be white markers on the minimap (see Sons of Trigon, Amazon Fury 1 & 3).
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.