Obsidian's In-Depth Healer Guide Series Videos

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by ObsidianChill, Oct 26, 2018.

1. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

If you wanted a one stop shop in terms of in-depth up to date DPS/Healer guide videos all completely up to date and current as of August 2018 including every aspect of the powerset discussed ranging to 40min+ videos each breaking down:
    • Loadout Skill Point Specs
    • Rotations (Melee, Range, Single Target)
    • Supercharges
    • Augments/Artifacts
    • Healer Spec & Rotations
    • Miscellaneous Testing
    • In Raid Examples
    here is the links here if you were interested at all. Thank you for you Time and good luck.
    • Like x 8
  2. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Electric:

• Like x 4
  3. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Nature:

• Like x 4
  4. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Water:

• Like x 4
  5. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Sorcery:

• Like x 4
  6. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Celestial:

• Like x 5
  7. Jensu Well-Known Player

nice, i have a celestial healer, so i will be looking forward to that
  8. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Updated original posts to include the new Water In-Depth guide
  9. Brit Loyal Player

I really enjoyed your Electric video, Chill. Enoughso that I actually ended up jumping ship for Brit and converted her from Nature to Electric (she's been Nature since launch, with a few brief bouts of Sorcery).

I felt like I got a really good grasp on the Electric DPS, which is what I wanted. I'm primarily a Healer, but wanted to have a DPS off-spec that I could feel comfortable with. However, the Healing portion of the guide for Electric is incredibly brief and may have benefited from some discussion/explanation of the advantages of certain powers and their situational usage, given how reactive Electric is in healing. Took me a couple of days of fiddling to finally figure out on my own how to use Electro-Genesis to it's full potential, and I still waffle a bit on whether it's more useful to go Recover + Starheart, or to drop Recover in favor of Flux, and then swap Starheart for Omni.
  10. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

The briefer sections on healing in the some of the guides is more attributed to my experience level with healing. I can talk blindfolded about what to do for controlling, tanking and dpsing but I have rarely healed in my dcuo lifetime. So with not as much past experiences to draw on I can't say how every situation will play out etc so its not as indetail. In terms of starheat I wouldn't run that artifact anymore and fortify the starheart into the new Orb of Arion which will be alot more beneficial than having the Starheart buff.
    • Like x 1
  11. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Thanks for the healer guides along with the other guide videos, eg Trinket testing, supercharge testing, back-up/henchmen trinket, New Atlantis Artifacts.

Much appreciated.
  12. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

The tough part about using the orb is it basically lowers the benefit of the Elite type C mod for power back on your priority heal. At least for celestial, I like to use my priority heal for the tank as I have my 2 HoTs going with AcB and CS. I then get power back on my next power cast after renew. I can basically use my priority head for "free" every 10-15 seconds. I think the biggest benefit of the orb seems to be if your are solo healing and need to do some kind of objectives like turn cogs or pickup someone. I honestly don't see a use for it right now with my healing approach, but it definitely looks cool. The Eye artifact is also kind of meh, since my SC shield usually blocks most damage for 10 seconds anyway.
  13. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Updated the OP to include the new Sorcery In-Depth guide video
  14. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I didn't realize the EoG restored SC when I made this post, so I'm revising my comments to say it's very useful for SC shields. Especially 50% SC powers as you can regen these almost constantly with EoG and Soul Cloak. Still feel the same way about Orb and priority heal.
  15. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

• Like x 2
  16. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

I have updated the OP to include the newly released Celestial Guide.

That is over 5 hours of footage between the 5 healer powersets DCUO. Hope they can be of assistance and educational for you
    • Like x 3
  17. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

18. Cyro Committed Player

In your video where you tested each healer shield you didnt test corrupted blessing is this because it is the same multiplier or simply because healers typically dont use it?
  19. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Healers don't use it because its only a personal shield, corrupted blessing does not apply a shield to the group at all in healer stance. It is weaker than normal Blessing (1.37 modifier vs 1.92).
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

That’s incorrect. Corrupted blessing will apply a shield to yourself and 1 other group member. Will follow the basic shield rule of who it goes on. The reason healers don’t use it is because the shield itself is relatively weaker than the normal shield and the time it is up is also shorter.