Test Discussion Episode 33: The Throne (Raid)

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by JackFrost, Oct 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackFrost Developer

Hello! We've been hard at work on new episodic content, including the new 8-Player Operation entitled "Atlantis: The Throne." This is the thread I'll be most closely monitoring for any feedback you have on this particular content.

Please comment here with any feedback you have specifically related to "Atlantis: The Throne." Any and all information you provide such as whether you're a hero or villain, whether you're playing normal, event, or elite, could be helpful.

Known issues (10/24):
    • Event mode & Elite mode versions should be functional, but more changes to differentiate these modes are forthcoming.
    • There are some minor cut-scene/matinee-related bug fixes and polish changes forthcoming.
    Thanks for helping test the new content, and we hope you find it fun!
    • Like x 1
  2. Vagrant Committed Player

For the last boss it is a bit confusing on what to do during the part where you need to remove Corum's shield especially where you need 2 people to absorb the energy and interact with the artifact. We had 2 people absorb it multiple times and it finally removed his shield. Not sure if that is intentional.
  3. JackFrost Developer

Thanks for your feedback! For that last part, where you remove his shield, 3 people with the absorbed magic form-changes all need to work together. Did you somehow get it done with only 2? I'll see what I can do to improve messaging on that.

Also, unrelated, but I found a couple of minor issues that will be sorted out in a hotfix likely early next week. For example, Sea Beast isn't doing damage when he should in one aspect of the fight. Sorry I'm being vague, but bottom line, that fight will become a little bit harder once this issue is fixed.

Thanks again!
  4. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

It looked like we had 3 at the end there but it wasn't readily known that we needed 3 to complete it, does everyone have the same cog? or just 3 players have it during that phase. It would be handy for some sort of cue to know 3 are needed or if that'll change in elite. Could it be made that all 3 cogs are active at once like the fountains in Kandaq etc where you know right away you need 3 and if a player only sees 2 over there everyone will see the missing cog and be able to call it out or type or notice it.
  5. JackFrost Developer

The 3 different cogs are only visible to the 3 players who have the magic aura/form-change. Those 3 players all get mid-screen messages specifically tailored to them trying to prompt them to go help disable the Relic. The timer icon starts once one of the 3 is secured, and is visible to everyone if I recall correctly (it may be only visible to players who have one of the three magic auras). Each player who has the form and starts the secure is locked into place until all 3 are completed, or the timer runs out, which means the players have to try again. I'm looking at that messaging now to see how it can be improved.

How did your group find the difficulty of the two boss fights?

Thanks!
  6. Vagrant Committed Player

The difficulty was quite nice, there were a few deaths in regular and overall it felt epic. The Sea Beast crashing down on the part with the wave COULD use a skull or some sort of tell to let players know to BLOCK.
    • Like x 1
  7. JackFrost Developer

Thanks!

I'll consider adding the chevron/skull on that attack. With the Sea Beast being so large, the skull icon would appear pretty high on the screen (or even off-screen), and would be pretty tiny; my hope was for the animation to be enough of a tell. Thanks again for helping test the new content.
    • Like x 2
  8. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

What about red text on the screen as a solution?
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

While we’re on the subject of difficulty, can I ask a question? The alert and normal raids in the Judas Contract seemed significantly more difficult than previous episodes. Are you planning to keep that higher standard going forward? :)
  10. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

From what I've seen from testers on livestreams this raid looks stunning, and could even be one of my all-time favourite raids in DCUO history.

Just out of curiosity, can anyone confirm if this raid is cross-faction? As it is an 8 man operation. Might be important if heroes and villains need to work together especially for the elite (which I suspect will be hard as elites go).
  11. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

2 things that may need a bit working on!
    1. skull for the first boss

well from the video we had no issues defeating the 1st boss in the normal raid only thing i would bring up is we need some kinda skull for the large damage it does we see no red skull before the sea monster does a massive damage attack!

the damage happens at 1:04 we can see slam come down but in elite we need a skull to warn us 2 secs before to block!

once the test server is back we will test the elite version of this! and see how it goes

2. the red flame adds that give the boss a defence buff we could not damage them, we tried taking the adds to water artifact the puddle when morgwar comes out no affect on the adds!! we could not burn them at all!

the video below will show you what i mean them flame adds stay at the same hp all the way through the raid.. in elite this will make the fight much harder? or are we doing it wrong i don't know

at 16:07 the flame adds get spawned by the artifact.. before we kill the boss them same adds are still at full hp? is this intended?
  12. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    I don't know what we're supposed to do about the Flames of Sagittarius in the final fight. Nothing we tried seemed to have any effect on them. We tried having our tank pull Corum Rath and the adds to each artifact. We tried separating the Flames from Corum Rath and moving the adds to each artifact. We tried moving the Flames over top the water puddles. As the Controller, I tried directly pulling each Flame on top of the water bowl artifact while the tank was on the opposite side of the room.

Are these things supposed to be invincible?
  13. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    One thing I don't like about the first Sea Beast fight is that you can't zoom the camera out very far. The camera eventually runs into one of the invisible room walls and the camera ends up zooming in closely. I was hoping zooming out would make it easier to see the Sea Beast's attacks.

Since a skull chevron would be hard to see in that fight, would it be possible to give the Sea Beast a distinctive yell or audio FX? Generally in other MMOs, a large creature will give a unique audio tell before doing a big attack.
    • Like x 1
  14. Luke© Well-Known Player

Aslong as it's not another Wilhelm Scream :DDD
    • Like x 1
  15. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    Do Rage players have Rage Crash Immunity if they are consumed by the Sea Beast in the first boss fight?
  16. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    After clearing the Sea Beast and teleporting, the group will receive a loot warning about having been "victorious in the area." That's a very misleading message since the group can still receive loot from the final boss encounter.
    • Like x 1
  17. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    The Ballista disappeared for me when the player interacted with the cog.

One thing I don't like about the Ballista is that it isn't apparent how you are supposed to exit the device once it is fired.
  18. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    1. On the first boss fight, should Corum Rath show skull when he is about to attack?

I know the player should have moved beforehand, but it is nice to have some warning before he does a big attack.

2. Aerial players have a distinct advantage in the first boss fight. They can avoid having to deal with the AoEs that appear on the floor.

Here is an example of me flying over top Corum Rath's AoE.
  19. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    I noticed in the final fight of the Normal version that the Drift adds like to go over and explicitly attack Mera. Is that intended?
  20. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

the major issue in the elite raid is the adds, they simple stop getting stunned after 3 or 4 stuns are thrown at them by chroma emmiters or using your tank juggle powers.. i notices before going to the first boss i taunted 11 adds, i threw a chroma emitter on them all 11 got stunned for 3 secs and broke out as normal, then i hit my shield then jackhammer 2 times all the 11 adds got knocked back, when i threw my chroma emitter this time only 5 out of the 11 adds got stunned!.. the 6 that did not get stunned took down my 1st shield ,, then my 2nd then i died.... they took down shield in matter of 7 secs..

my power is earth full dom with 16.9k dom.... so these that get immunity to stuns so quick need adjusting.. even the troll stuns stopped working. after 2 times

either turn down the adds resistance to stuns or turn down the damage they do..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.