Test Discussion Episode 33: Royal Palace (Solo)

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Meowtapes, Oct 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meowtapes Developer

Hello everyone!

I'm excited to present to you the first look at the Royal Palace Solo in our new episode Atlantis! Please leave any feedback that you have for the Solo on this thread.

Known Issues (10/26):
    • The final boss is still getting abilities and polish added to him.
    • The final boss currently has an issue where he will become unkillable if you die to him after getting him down to at least 75% health. This will be fixed soon in a future hotfix.
    • Skippable matinees are not in yet and there is some polish that needs to be done on them.
    • The Crown of Thorns will snap to its initial location if you die and respawn.
    • The feats and collections are not in yet.
    • There is a small chance that the outro matinee for the wave of Drift enemies will be interrupted, which causes players to be stuck in the throne room. You will eventually be moved outside the room once the matinee finishes.
    • Like x 2
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

In addition to the issues outline above, I'll add:

1. In the first room fight, there was an enemy stuck outside the room:

Look at the radar.

2. You can easily skip past most of the mobs in the hallway chase.

3. The "Crown of Thorns" skull on the map doesn't keep up with the actual effect. It seems to remain stuck at the first room. Usually the skull moves with the effect for these types of mechanics.

4. Is there supposed to be a repair vendor in the same room as the last boss fight? That's a very unusual arrangement.

5. It is kind of easy for Commander Zoltar to get stuck:

I noticed that Zoltar likes to cheat and regen his health when it is time to switch weapons.

6. One thing I don't like about the first room is that you are immediately attacked by a large mob group coming right out of the matinee scene. I think it would be ok if they jumped Aquaman over attacking me.
    • Like x 1
  3. Penryn The Gadgeteer

In regards to my previous post, I figured out why Zoltar is regenerating health in between weapon stands. When it is time to switch weapons, the boss drops combat. You don't re-enter combat until you damage Zoltar again. Here is a demonstration clip:
  4. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    Can a healing barrel be added to the first and final boss rooms in this instance? I didn't see any healing barrels in the final room in the Event version of the instance.
    • Like x 1
  5. eanur Well-Known Player

So just did the solo about 5 mins ago and quick feedback: Is that Throne of Thorns supposed to be chasing you cause the whole chase it just stayed at the start and it only came back in the end boss cut scene? Certainly didn't feel like i was being chased out the area.
    • Like x 3
  6. Meowtapes Developer

Thanks for all the great feedback Penryn!

1. Thanks for catching this, I'll put a fix in soon.

2. How were you able to skip past the mobs? There are a couple of packs that can be skipped but there shouldn't be much more than that.

3. There was an issue where the Crown of Thorns was getting stuck in general, I put in a fix for that already and it should be in soon. I do know that the icon is slightly off from the effect itself (it's a very large enemy!) but we thought having an icon was better than no icon at all.

4. I put a repair vendor in the room with the last boss fight because if you die, you'll only respawn in that room and I wanted people to be able to repair if they were having any issues in that fight.

5. I'm working on a couple fixes that will allow his transition to grabbing a new weapon go smoother, including hopefully not getting stuck and also not regenerating health.

6. Good feedback, I'll put in a delay to allow players to get themselves settled before the wave of enemies start spawning :)

In regards to your other comment about heal barrels, I'll add those for both Normal and Event mode soon!
    • Like x 2
  7. Meowtapes Developer

We did find an issue where the Crown of Thorns would get stuck and not chase you. I've already fixed it and it should be in a hotfix very soon!
  8. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Here is an example:

At the very end of that video, I finish the Lieutenant, pop a shield to turn the switch, and continue on.
  9. SilkyPawz Bunny

Can we have a Skip Cutscene for the Solo, like in Deluge the Flash Fight. My 5th try because the Boss keeps bugging out and I have to re-queue.
    • Like x 1
  10. Meowtapes Developer

Yep, the plan is to have it in before we go live. The boss bugging out issue is already fixed and will be coming soon so hopefully that will help in the mean time!
    • Like x 1
  11. SilkyPawz Bunny

Great , Thank you !
  12. Vagrant Committed Player

It isn't bad but there definitely needs to be some cleaning up of the sound. Aquaman sounds like his lines were recorded in a tunnel, when he gets knifed in the back why is there no satisfying crunch to indicate its painful, why does the commander have no sound effects when he dances at us?

Please don't make this like the Owlman duo cut scene from Earth 3. Put some sound effects in there.
    • Like x 1
  13. Eve YouTuber

So the chase in the solo is really cool but I feel it needs to be faster, there’s no sense of urgency what so ever and due to it’s snail pace you can pretty much walk to the end of the solo, kill the adds and still have some time to spare. Overall I really like the solo.
    • Like x 2
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Steady on, we’ve only just got our waterwings! :p Let me guess, it instantly kills you if it touches you ;)
  15. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    When I queued up for the normal version of the solo, I was in my base. Upon finishing the instance, I found my character in Atlantis. I was expecting to end back up in my base.
    • Like x 1
  16. Eve YouTuber

Happened to me as well but I believe this is intended.
    • Like x 1
  17. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I'm thinking it is just a side-effect of the DLC introduction code that automatically transfers you from the solo to Atlantis. I'd rather end up back in my base than Atlantis.
    • Like x 2
  18. Meowtapes Developer

Before it goes live, I will be adding a teleport to return to your last location as long as you've completed it at least once :)
    • Like x 2
  19. Meowtapes Developer

Glad you like it SkyyRin! I'm currently still balancing it and will be making the Crown of Thorns chase more difficult, at least in Normal Mode.
    • Like x 3
  20. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    For once, the final room in an instance feels far too large. It takes the Drift Commander a long time to run from weapon stand to weapon stand. I can't say that he seems any harder after the latest patch. It only takes a few seconds of dpsing to make him want to run to the next stand.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.