Get a job you watchtower bums!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jacob Dragonhunter, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

What you saw in my other thread a few days ago, being attacked while not in PVP, its happened to him before as well. And apparently it still stings.

Lets also not forget that some people that have the skills to hack a game such as this, get cocky enough to believe that they will never be caught. And they do it just for the fun of it. Just because they can. I'm not agreeing that this is someone hacking or using a cheat. It could be either or.
    • Like x 1
  2. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

See this is the kind of thing that happens when you don't do all those daily and weekly maintenance check in the manual. Poor little guy I bet he need oil, probably hasn't had his joint's lubricated and how much do you want to bet no one has plugged him into a recharger all week. Then again Is that Booster Gold (the second change vendor) hovering next to the bot? Its possible the bot struck up a conversation with Booster and was bored to death LOL
    • Like x 1
  3. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

LOL Ummm I have BEEN that drunk before. WHAT? I was in the military getting totally wasted off duty is a time honored tradition. :p
    • Like x 1
  4. Gimpy Loyal Player

It's Halloween, they didn't have any candy to hand out, so it's a trick instead of a treat.

Blame Tekyl.
    • Like x 1
  5. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

they're bored too.
  6. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

reminds me of the good old days when the Teleporter to Kahndaq would break...
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  7. Dene Devoted Player

TTIIMMBBEERRRRRRRRR!!!!!
  8. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

AND aside from both being glitches exactly how are the two related or did he just take the opportunity to rant and rave about something that has nothing to do with the Post the OP started the thread with. AS MENTIONED, if you bothered to read my post, not a single person that has spotted these thing including me is reporting that some player has found a way to attack and defeat these NPCs. They are curled up in cute little balls doing the sleep emote... heck they are doing everything but snoring.

Now also as mentioned I stated in my post that I had no doubt that there could be one or more players out there with the skills to create a hack and some how start targeting the things. But as I also eluded to.. why would some one do all that just to attack a totally defenseless NPC that awards no XP, no in game cash, no Nth metal, No Halloween candy (since it is the season), and drops no armor? Take a chance on getting caught and banned to be goofy? Most of our hackers are trying to come up with ways to make it through content faster and easier.. NOT to semi amuse a few players passing through the Watch Tower.

NOW if these were OH lets say Mythical Creatures that it appeared some how has escaped from Typhone Invasion Zone.. I'd say Mepps had pulled one of his infamous attacks and those bodies lying there were part of that raid that had not despawned. I'm sure at some point these things go away but I am not even sure when or if they despawn. One of the first times I saw them I was headed through the Magic Wing to get to the Wastelands and run the 3 daily mission. Okay so About 10-12 minutes later I was headed back and passed the same three sleeping NPC in the exact same spot as I headed toward Gotham Under Siege to do dailies there. Could be once they lay down they just stay there until the game is reset in the morning.

YES finding yourself under attack when you are no where near a PvP zone and have not gone near the phase shifter to set your flag up is something worth SCREAMING about. This is just a funny mystery most of us are having fun dealing with . Are they BOTH glitches ? sure But I would hope the Dev team is putting a LOT more energy into solving the one where you can be killed by another player while in pvp more than they are in worrying about a few Sentinals of magic taking a nap in the hallway