Get a job you watchtower bums!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jacob Dragonhunter, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Seriously, I shouldn't be running into 3 sentinels of magic and 1 star labs guy sleeping in the watchtower....

But that's what happened...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

On a serious note, what in the name of Zod is going on here? First the bots are going down... and Now NPC's are napping on the job...
    Needs to get fixed lol.
    • Like x 4
  2. Frank Zarjaz Committed Player

Halloween candy induced diabetic coma.
    • Like x 8
  3. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Robots eat candy?
    • Like x 1
  4. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Of course they do. Power Ring Lollipops. ;)
    • Like x 3
  5. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Been seeing this far a while not... Not every single time i am in the Watch Tower but I do run across that same scene at least 4 MAYBE 5 ? times a week. Now are they asleep or are they dead? And if they are dead how did some villain get into the Watch Tower to kill them?
    SECURITY ALERT! SECURITY ALERT!

[IMG]

Okay I am sorry but while I was typing this that came to mind and I HAD to go find a gif LOL

on a more serious note Any have a clue why we now have robots taking naps in the hallways? Or is this another sign of how little extra money they have these days. In order to keep the game running they had to do away with the quarters for all robots and on station personnel and they are now forced to just find a spot and curl up for nap? What's next? less than 31 flavors available at the ice cream bar? Will they be doing away with the Barista in the snack bar and all we will be able to get is plain old coffee? OMG THE HORRIR! LOL
    • Like x 1
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I wish player characters were KO’d like that, the kneeling is so dumb :D
    • Like x 2
  7. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Joking aside, this doesn't surprise me, especially with the big bots. I still have no idea how this is done yet, but somehow, some people have found a way to knock that big robot down. I'm talking about that one that walks around the central hub area. Every once in a while I will go in there and he's laying on the floor. I haven't seen the other NPC's do this before, but its likely the same thing. Somehow players are able to knock them out too. Likely a glitch of sorts.
    • Like x 1
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

A glitch in DCUO? THIS CANNOT BE :p
    • Like x 2
  9. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

They drank the grape kool-aid.
  10. RLManuel Committed Player

They probably got tired of waiting for a que to pop :p
    • Like x 1
  11. Proxystar #Perception

it's cause they uninstalled, their bodies rag dolled afterwards.
  12. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

What I'm hearing is that there are certain players that are able to do this because they're either exploiting a glitch in the game, or worse, they're using hacking/cheating software to modify the game's parameters to make it possible to attack, damage, and KO NPCs.

Most likely the same players are the ones that are able to attack PVE players even though our PVP Flag is OFF and we are NOT in PVP Phase at all. I think it's all tied together and the Devs need to get off their backsides, play a lot more hours a day so they can keep an eye out for this stuff, then figure out why it's happening and put a stop to it! :mad:
    • Like x 2
  13. TheOtherLeague Well-Known Player

WHO SAID THAT THEY WERE SLEEPING?!?!

My friends...a mystery is afoot...a MURDER mystery!

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  14. Saami Loyal Player

I thought this thread was gonna be about people who beg for free stuff in WT.
    • Like x 3
  15. Ryazan Dedicated Player

No one killed the big robot. He just fainted after seeing the quark vendor prices.

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  16. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Maybe that's what they're doing. Practicing with the NPCs first. Your salvation is near.
    • Like x 1
  17. Shark Dental Devoted Player

They may be trying to detect vibrations on the ground to determine their origin.
  18. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Or they have a hangover.

"Guys, please, can you keep it down in here? I know it's the Watchtower, but seriously..."
  19. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Someone yelled "Andy's coming!" :p
  20. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Ummm paranoid much? No one has said a thing about seeing anyone actually attacking these things and then finding them dead. We just keep running across them taking naps in hall ways and open areas. Now I am not saying this is not a possibility but unless the NPCs in the watch tower are programed totally different than the ones we find in street mobs in Gotham and Metropolis and have no "despawn" function exactly why are they still laying there long after some one killed them? Heck In Gotham I have defeated mobs and had the "now dead and leaving" the game NPCs get up and run right by me to get to the spot where they go to despawn. Now I realize we have some strangely motivated players in game but you really think some one spent time figuring out how to create a cheat so they could kill helpless, non combatant NPCs? Just to leave them laying around.. and keeping in mind if caught that same illegal cheat could be enough to get them banned from the game forever.

Much more reasonable to guess that it a game related glitch and for whatever reason they things just lay down and take a nap. As pointed out they are curled up doing the REST emote not on one knee like they had been defeated.