Cursed Time Capsules

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by chrisnoly, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Dene Devoted Player

There are ways to pretty much get anything in this game, for little to no real cash (not every single thing but "pretty much anything" still works & the part I quoted is a great example of that) .. some just take way longer - and i think that ppl see how quickly some get it (via real money, obviously) and automatically resent that
    • Like x 3
  2. Tygerfyre Committed Player

Seems like this could be made to follow the schedule of the Vault.

Subs get one a day
    Premiums get one every 3 days
    F2P get one a week

Eliminate the fragments, and just let us run the instance that often, just like the Vault, resulting in one whole stabilizer on days when we are eligible to run the instance. This would also cut down on having to run this every day, reducing instance-fatigue.

As a bonus, this could lead to a new special "bonus XP/Nth/Marks" type event, where the frequency of the Stabilizer runs could be upped on certain weeks/weekends.
  3. UnbreakableII Well-Known Player

You are wrong.
    • Like x 1
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Which isn't unsurprising or necessarily unexpected, as in the resentment.

Everyone wants that shiny new toy and people running around with it feeds that desire.

I always step back and ask myself

Do I even like it, will I wear it, if so for how long, what is it then worth and go from there.

In this capsule for example I don't like the Cape, don't like the hand auras, don't like hand auras period really so I'm not bothering with them.
    • Like x 2
  5. Dene Devoted Player

simple yet effective approach/attitude

And, you not bothering with them, will not affect your game in any way.. only that every single SP available will not be.. which is completely unnecessary for your progress!
  6. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i'm surprised this is still an issue, the devs added the second chance vendor where you can get anything you might have missed. a smart player will (like i have realized and have started) start saving up quarks now through the free stabilizer event seeing as for most capsules they have a 6 month period before the next resurgence and second chance vendor update AT LEAST and since these items from past capsules are permanent, if the capsule you wanted something from is already in the vendor you have from now till the game shuts down to farm the free event anyways, it's a matter of patience and or virtue/principle capsule wise. feats aren't really needed nor are sp after a certain point as they don't really improve much in the performance department after about say 200. and a player with a good loadout figured out through trial and error can generally get away with even less skill points than that if they have the experience, in other words the devs have ALREADY started altering the time capsule system, where all these other games haven't.
    • Like x 2
  7. Proxystar #Perception

425sp later, not a care given lol ;)
    • Like x 2
  8. Miss Adora Loyal Player

gI get where the op is coming from, and broker is not an option for everyone. Not everyone running around with 100 million of dollars, and quite frankly don't care too. There is nothing worth buying. At this point don't care about the new tcs, I already lost a week of game play thanks to Hurricane Michael. Not even going to sweat about the new stuff they threw in there.
    • Like x 1
  9. recoil2 Dedicated Player

did he tell you about the wolves that keep dragging him off at night? XD.
    • Like x 1
  10. Gimpy Loyal Player

Any chance you could intentionally keep that rain in Texas?

Or at least most of it? :D
  11. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

You shouldn't exhaust people with such a long list of specific examples this way. People only have so much time.
    • Like x 5
  12. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

...still going?
    • Like x 1
  13. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

Absolutely. I was here since Pre-Alpha: 2009; Alpha 2009-2010; & Beta. I will be here until the lights go out. Oh,.....and you are correct: I’ve been hearing the game is dead since February of 2011 LoL.......Sure it is....
    • Like x 2
  14. Illumin411 Loyal Player

The answer is they need to install economic controls around the broker and game currency to make the broker a reasonable option for rare pieces. As it is, many market values for items, particularly the rarer items, are decided on a whim by players who lack knowledge of even the most basic fundamental principles of economics. It is painfully obvious that when most players list an item when there presently isn't is none, they make little to no effort to use their knolwedge of the game to do an eyeball appraisal and instead just grab a random number out of the sky. There is little to no consideration given to usefulness, timed obsolescence, broad affordability, general and/or segmented appeal, etc. Nope, it's just "80 million sounds good". Then, like lemings, everyone who follows just undercuts by the tiniest margins.

For example, the Sea Foam Gem, the rarest of pieces in the War of the Ocean collection continues to bounce between 25 million and 50 million despite the fact that the OP gear will be obsolete in a month when the new episode drops. Hell, the other day, there were none and then suddenly someone listed one for 80 MILLION?!?! As if there are players who regularly have that kind of cash AND who are only NOW getting around to getting it, six months after the episode dropped. Paying that would be like if I went to Best Buy and bought an open box 2015 base model flatscreen for the same price that the new 2019 top tier models are getting ready to be.

- Reduced segment demand due to prior acquisition creates depreciation.

- Impending static obsolescence creates depreciation.

But not on the DCUO broker...

Like I said, installing market controls will help make us RNG unlucky people not feel so excluded from a lot of the more exciting and flashy aspects of the game. Hell Daybreak, offer an unpaid internship to a brand new graduate with an economics degree out of a good school. He/she will have that figured out in a week TOPS (not including implementation).
    • Like x 4
  15. tinoman Dedicated Player

Can it be possible for devs to add non relevant op collections to vendors when the op pieces are no longer relevant? Or at least update loot table drop rates for them. And another question i have is broker deposit should only be paid if an item sells. I've found it terribly hard to obtain op pieces from content that pieces are no longer relevant. etc. Amazon fury III. I'm so far away and alot of people are not running it.
  16. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Stop talking to Ambush Bug! He's suppose to be cleaning my carpets when I'm gone.
    • Like x 2
  17. FoolsFire Devoted Player

An example of what you were saying...

"Hey, there are three of the rare crime riddle piece I still need. And the cheapest is 50 Million."

...a day later...

"Hey all those pieces are listed as 'short'..."

...a day later...

"They're gone. They must have all timed out. The next time they're posted they'll have to be cheaper."

...a day later...

"The first one reposted is $75 Million?!?!?!"
    • Like x 2
  18. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

While you make valid points, there is no data to tell you that the majority of TC money isn’t coming from a vast minority of the pop, so we’ll never solve that riddle. What we do know is anecdotally how many people we all know who quit the game over such things. It’s not just TCs, it’s artifacts, and the transparent “systems” that are now all coming from that artifact “windfall.” Plenty of people can’t keep their alts as high as they want without spending more $, and if the game isn’t fun enough, that $ goes elsewhere. OP hit the nail on the head when he talked about todays leagues, too.. They’re mostly terrible and the only OP players left just also happen to be able to afford being OP, and still like the IP. Luckily for me, I’m good at the game and can afford spending ridiculous amounts of money on it as well, but that’s not most people. OP speaks for those people, since most of them left already and dont speak on it anymore by choice.

We can always agree to disagree, but as far as I saw no ones “shaming” anyone about how to run a game. This is a customer giving their feedback, and he seems to not be so alone. It’s not about “who we might piss off” it should be about “how do we get everyone in this game singing it’s praises publicly” since today’s business world is heavily based on things like CSI & Net Promoter Score. Business owners are now hostage to customer demand thanks to the internet/social media/online reviews/etc. I’m not saying I like it, but it’s the new world we created. If you’re not thoroughly reviewing customer complaints and using its to build an action plan, you’re not growing. And if you’re not growing, you’re flat or you’re shrinking, Since you seem well-versed in business, then certainly you understand the expression “flat equals death.” To compare this to another MMO with a $15 sub, these kinds of threads don’t show up on the ESO forums, where people shell out $30-50 just for cosmetic mounts.

In the end, it’s not really about the player’s desired level of monetary investment, it’s about the messaging/delivery in the methodology.
    • Like x 1
  19. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

I’m cool with that. In fact I spend lots on TC’s. I’ve been addicted to feats since launch, so they have me by the juevos, and I’m ok with it or i woulda stayed gone forever, instead of just taking a 3-4 year hiatus. I’m just not blind to why people hate feats in TC’s, and other parts about how the company runs the show. I don’t blame the devs, because unlike most I understand that the devs have very little say in what happens at the top.
    • Like x 1
  20. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

Doh! Already collected em. :(

Anyways, go bears!!