Trick or teekl buckets

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by QuantumFlange, Oct 12, 2018.

1. QuantumFlange Active Player

Anyone know where we get our three daily buckets from?
  2. Hraesvelg Always Right

The timers are...weird. You can look on the welcome screen and it has a "grant" button on it. It'll show you how long until they refresh.
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This new grant system can actually use Time. ;) For these, you can claim again 24 hours after you claimed them last.

If you open the /welcome screen and click VIEW GRANTS at the bottom of the screen, you can check exactly how many hours are left before your grant arrives.
    • Like x 1
  4. Shark Dental Devoted Player

So you want us to stay up playing DCUO a little bit later and later every night? :p
    • Like x 6
  5. Blazing Bacon Well-Known Player

Having 24 hours on the clock means that claiming doesn't leave much room for error because you will always be sliding further along in the day as the event progresses. Maybe a 20-hour cooldown would allow people to get theirs every day?
    • Like x 6
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Or what about a set time...like reset? Especially as the first 1/2 of the day yesterday was offline, meaning no one started claiming their buckets till evening.

And do we know what the expected drop rate is? Obviously if we get 3 buckets a day, the idea would be that you could fill 3 buckets in a normal session. I know I was on my PC account for over 2 hours and only filled 2 buckets, and I was pretty active. Are there activities that increase the drop rate, or is it timed at just 2 pieces per.... 1/2 hour? Some people cant get on and run 3 hours a day.

Now this is all 'gift' of course, so I guess what we get is what we get, but as it's for fun/extra you'd think a reasonable amount of time would be alloted to complete the activity.

Reinheld
    • Like x 4
  7. Schimaera Devoted Player

Agreed. For a daily cooldown there's a 20h cd instead in ESO for example. A lock to the daily reset time wouldn't be bad either. Considering I claimed them yesterday at 11pm this is annoying...
    • Like x 6
  8. Proxystar #Perception

I'm just going to claim my 3 buckets in any given 24 hours because in that 24 hours I'm only ever going to get 3 anyway and I'm not going to unnecessarily over think this. ;)
    • Like x 4
  9. Blazing Bacon Well-Known Player

I was able to fill all three of mine yesterday and I have enough for today as well. It drops like Nth metal from what I have seen.
    • Like x 3
  10. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

Aye, this seems a bit pointless - sorry Mepps. Just reset them after the server reset. I don't see the logic behind the timer but happy to hear the reasoning behind it. If it was hard to obtain new fresh belts I could sort of get it but for 2 marks I just don't see the point of the timer.

EDIT: Oh, and don't increase the price of the belt please, this was meant as constructive critique :)

NO:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  11. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Yeah, please just let these grant with morning restarts. No need to overcomplicate things.

Also, I was in a ZooE boss fight when the grant icon came up today, pretty disruptive honestly.
    • Like x 2
  12. Plowed In Loyal Player

Honestly, it’s pretty simple.

Some change is ok everyone. :)
  13. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

It's actually unnecessarily overcomplicated. Change is fine if it's an improvement. Change just for the sake of it, not so much :)
    • Like x 3
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Hmm. Yeah, not sure if different content drops more or if I just had bad luck. I timed it at one point and it was 30 min of activity, running the dailies, duo, alert and bounties for TT as well as seasonal stuff. Each drop was 2 pieces, and except for one, all of mine were the 25 point assorted candies. At 100 points an hour (25x4 per hour) it would be 5 hours to fill 3 buckets with some left over. Again, maybe it's my bad luck working against me. I'll pay closer attention tonight.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  15. Plowed In Loyal Player

They were excited about it as a better way to give us stuff, did you watch the livestream?

I like stuff ;)
  16. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Yes I did.

There's zero reason the new grant feature can't work to refresh with daily resets.

Hope that helps ;)
    • Like x 1
  17. Nodens Dedicated Player

Some change, yeah.
    THIS change? no.
    Unless a person is guaranteed to be able to be in-game at the exact same time, EVERY DAY, they will experience push-backs on their timer, of varying lengths, and will end up having to claim the baskets later and later.
    • Like x 1
  18. Plowed In Loyal Player

Oh the horror!! (Seasonal snark response)

Personally I don’t care, I see it potentially being a way for them to dish out rewards quicker and possibly every 12 hours, 6 hours, etc. now that they can use “time.”

If you guys want to keep at it, go for it. I see your point, it’s just not that big a deal to me.
    • Like x 1
  19. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

Sorry to poo-poo this, but i just gotta say, “Good to know this is where my thousands of dollars per year are going instead of oh I don’t know nerfing BM and Robin’s Legends-breaking block breakers.”
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You know after the revamp they had to readjust Catwoman and Cheetah because they were overperforming and everyone was crying about it. Now people are crying over Batfamily overperforming. When/If they nerf that, what will you be crying about next?
    • Like x 2