PSA: You cannot farm Batwoman by standing in the same spot.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Doc.Doom15, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

Just venting a little bit here. Not sure if it's people grieving or people generally being stupid. But in case of the latter, you can only 'find' her once a day, no need to stay in the same spot so she despawns again for other people to find. She does spawn in a lot of other spots so it's not that big of a deal but why are people like this? And if people are also annoyed by this, you can of course go to a PVP phase temporarily and then find her but there is a small risk someone will try and kill you :D

Link to spawn spots by Jade Rebel:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...ing-batwoman-in-gotham-halloween-2018.298396/
    • Like x 8
  2. Proxystar #Perception

How can you tell they haven't just gone AFK after finding her themselves...
    • Like x 2
  3. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

That might happen occasionally but I run it every day on 4 different toons so you start to see patterns. People are literally sitting in the same spot for over 20 minutes in multiple places all over the map.
    • Like x 3
  4. Proxystar #Perception

oh right, well it's just a case of being inept I guess in not being able to read a feat description ;)
    • Like x 2
  5. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Oh yes I've seen this lol as for me I'm farming the feat on my main once a day and when I'm done I'll buy it for any other toons mostly my 2nd main and call it a day.
    • Like x 2
  6. Schimaera Devoted Player

Maybe they are just standing in the one spot they know and if she's not there they just go afk and mind other business like doing chores or work. Then they occationally check if they got the daily spawn already. That's what I would do if I didn't know that checking a few spots takes way less time...
    • Like x 3
  7. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

SADLY? In a lot of cases it is because even at this point there are still a bunch of players out there that STILL have no clue that they can spot her 20 times in one night but it only counts one time. Although I will not rule out that small faction of total jerks that may be doing it just to screw things up for other players .. because they have nothing better to do and just love being total Jack A... well you get the idea.

We are seeing the same issues now with the new Trick or Treat buckets. No one knows how to READ or bothers to take time to figure stuff out. I have seen players on the forums that from reading their posts actually think the candy they need to fill a bucket is the green stuff (like Candy Corn or Snickers, etc) they need to collect to fill them. You'd think all it would take was one attempt to fortify a basket to let them see those don't work and its only the stuff dropping like Nth metal that are effective.

It has been 12 days since the holiday event began .. you'd think by now players spending an hour roaming around Gotham would have realized they are just wasting time hunting for her after they spot her once but we do have some no so bright players out there LOL

Now for the total jerks just standing in one spot.. Not sure but I think there are what 15 or 20 OR more? places Batwoman can spawn so they could be standing there for an hour before they see her a second time depending on the spawn rate and any sort of schedule (IF any) they have for where she will spawn next. only thing I can compare it too would be Abra or Zoom spawning in Central City. The spawn rate now is around 2 minutes but in general if you defeat ABRA by the fuel tank (as example) the next spawn will be in any of the other spawn points no matter if it is Zoom or Abra again. IF they used that format then at the very least Batwoman would NOT spawn in that same spot twice in a row.
  8. Brit Loyal Player

You know what's awesome?

These guys are AFK at the Batwoman spawn. And Daybreak just gave us these piles and piles of Materials bouncy balls.

1. Summon ball.
    2. Hit AFK with ball pushing him back.
    3. Repeat.
    4. AFK is now out of range for Batwoman.
    • Like x 6
  9. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Its a shame that these spots aren't where an NPC baddie can get to, and just lure it over to whoever is AFK and take them out.
  10. Schimaera Devoted Player

I think before an Gotham NPC gets an endgame player k.o.'ed, it's almost time for the next daily maintenance..
  11. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

don't we have enough self centered players in game who feel they are overlord masters to be obeyed at all costs?.

its an effortless feat and everyone in the spawn area gets credit when she shows up.

personally i hate flying around from spot to spot. i find it takes much less time if i go camp at my favorite spot for her while taking a few minutes out to go grab something to drink or check my e-mails.

also how can people be sitting in the same spot in multiple places.

are we suddenly triplicate girl?
  12. Balton hero Committed Player

Are you trolling? He clearly meant different people sitting at multiple spots, not the same person. And yes, everyone around gets the feat....but you're making her scamper regardless of whether people are around or not, making it harder for others to sight her who don't plant themselves. You're the one being selfish here.
    • Like x 1
  13. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Thing is, it can be considered just as self-centered for someone to camp a spawn and expect other players to adjust to what they want them to do.

The case isn't helped much when the devs tend to frown upon players doing things AFK.
  14. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

how exactly is this hurting other players? if you're on one end of the map looking for batwoman to spawn wouldn't you want someone in another spot to get rid of her asap so she can get on her (and your) merry way?

does a huge force field suddenly spawn around one character and one character only ejecting any and all other players in that area from getting credit from that spawn point?

i dont think so.

rather this would be a good time for everyone to remember we get shared credit however you go about locating her and batwoman will spawn hundreds if not thousands of times in any f her favored locales.

little lessons in teamwork might go a long way later on in a raid.
  15. VariableFire Loyal Player

Wow, the selfishness astounds.

You don't get how close these campers stand. They're within touching distance so as she spawns there she's used up. You can't "share" credit if no one else even has a chance to see her. Moreover your proposed solution was to make everyone else camp with you so the spot can be shared.

She can usually be found with 5-10 minutes going from spot to spot. Camping the same spot will usually take 20+ minutes. Heck, sometimes I'll find her within 2 minutes before the campers start hogging spots.
  16. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I think once of the 13 times I found her it took longer than five minutes. The campers don't bother me as I still have found her quickly, I just think they're idiots trying to somehow save 5 minutes of time by camping for 20-30 minutes.
    • Like x 1
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Given the range at which aggro/acknowledgement of a player can take place in the game, the LAST thing I want to see is someone too near a spawn point for an NPC. If that range is triggered, it hurts the chances of someone getting credit and can deny players from even getting the chance to get credit. So yeah, I'd consider that as potentially hurting other players and their playtime.
  18. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

I don’t have the time to read all the replies, but I’m assuming someone already said at least one of my two opinions on this:

1. They could just be afk while they wait for her to spawn for their daily (I’d assume that people who know her spots well enough to sit there also know how to use the UI to verify their feat counter isn’t being updated. This kind of works against the “I’m noticing a pattern” post, as those people would then never be there again UNLESS it was AFK for their daily.)

2. Who cares? Run around and look for the single green dot on the radar and you’ve found her in 2-3 minutes each day. She’s so common that I’m making the assumption that she takes up all the spots where random NPCs (and probably or possibly the iconics) are usually standing when the event isn’t on.
    • Like x 1
  19. DoctorP2 Well-Known Player

^^ This

I do the event open world stuff in PvP phase, and there's usually only a handful of people there. I check a couple of familiar spots for Batwoman, and if she's not there, I fly around for a couple minutes looking for a single green spot on top of a building in my minimap. Easy peasy.
    • Like x 2