Now Available: Cursed Gotham Time Capsule!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

CURSED GOTHAM TIME CAPSULE

Gotham City. Halloween. The Dark Multiverse. What could go wrong? The Cursed Gotham Time Capsule will keep you up at night, taking inspiration from Batman: The Drowned and monsters you hope you won't come across on a dark Gotham street. This, like all Time Capsules, can be unlocked with Stabilizers or purchased directly in the Marketplace. Stabilizers are earned in-game or purchased in the Marketplace.

If you’re looking to learn more about how to get, open, and use a Time Capsule - or what is in previous Time Capsules - check out our helpful guide!

Cursed Gotham Opening Rewards

To start things off, earn feats and rewards for opening 5, 10, and 15 Cursed Gotham Time Capsules! Open 5 Cursed Gotham Time Capsules for a feat. Open 10 Cursed Gotham Time Capsules for a feat and 5 Marks of Victory. Saving the best for last, open 15 Cursed Gotham Time Capsules for a feat and the Green Doomed Aura!

[IMG]

Cursed Gotham Drowned Gear

Inspired by Batman: The Drowned, this terrifying and evil Batwoman from the Dark Multiverse genetically modified herself to better fight against the Atlanteans. It went badly for everyone, and now she lives in a conquered world, in a conquered Atlantis, deep beneath the sea.

You will receive a random Drowned gear piece in your loot selection window in every Cursed Gotham Time Capsule you open. When consumed, the gear will become level-appropriate to your character. The Enhanced version of the Drowned gear will also appear (less commonly) in the loot selection window too, and when consumed will also become level-appropriate to your character.

[IMG]

Cursed Gotham Collection Styles

This year, we have gone back to Gotham City's horror roots with the Tattered Cloak of Corruption and the Vampiric Visage. This is a very special cloak with eerie physics properties, and a stunningly ugly vampire helmet that nearly replaces your entire head. Please note it is useable with longer hair styles, and that it looks like skin all the way down to your neck, so it may clip with some higher chest styles.

Plus, we have also added new, magic-inspired hand auras, for those who dabble in the darker arts. These styles are earned through collections, which will appear in the loot selection window for each Cursed Gotham Time Capsule.

Cursed Gotham Classics

The Cursed Gotham Time Capsule features many classic, fan-favorite auras and materials, now in all-new color variants. Like everything else, these will randomly appear in the loot selection window when you open a Cursed Gotham Time Capsule.

• Auras
      • Red Kryptonite Aura
      • Purple Blighted Aura
      • Blue Mystic Aura
      • Red Doomed Aura
        • Plus, modular versions of all of the above!
      • Green Doomed Aura
    • Materials
      • Blue Phoenix Material
      • Red Phoenix Material
      • Green Hacker Material
      • Gold Time Torn Material
      • Yellow Forcefield Material
      • Blue Spark Material
      • Green Iridescent Material
      • Blue Iridescent Material
    AVAILABLE OCTOBER 11, 2018!

The Cursed Gotham Time Capsule will be available and dropping in-game starting October 11, 2018. Log in and unlock yours!

Thoughts? Questions? Join the discussion below!

• Like x 12
  2. jamiejacket Well-Known Player

Looks cool, but got no interest in any of it.
  3. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Two questions. How did you get that vampire look (the head) with that one toon? And, how did you get the shot of the 5 toons together in that particular area without getting any Lost Souls coming at ya?
  4. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Other people will. So use this opportunity to make some cash for your toons, and sell them on the broker. That's what I've been waiting for.
    • Like x 2
  5. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Some of the items look cool
    • Like x 1
  6. Ikyotojin Dedicated Player

All the CTCs my team gets are going to the pirate themed alt. Once he's dressed, it'll be for the collections.
  7. Batrederik Dedicated Player

this was something special, this was just like joyful.. Aaaand* Megzilla in the middle . "you all are awesome.
    • Like x 1
  8. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Hi guys,
    I made a little video about the Cursed Gotham Time Capsule if you are curious about some of the stuff you can get in them. ;) ;)
    • Like x 2
  9. Blight KOBRA Commander

How thoughtful.
    • Like x 1
  10. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I liked the layout of this capsule better (opens feel more satisfying), with the random chance for just straight-up auras and materials, in addition to the collections. I also saw additional quark options of like 35 as a choice in a couple, so that was cool too. I have no idea on the drop rate for the rare back style/mask, etc. and the hand auras don't personally appeal to me (if they were able to be stacked with other auras that would be different of course), but all in all I have to say I like the way this capsule was launched.

And all the styles are great, IMO.

Love the blue mystic aura the most for auras, and the green hacker and gold time torn are my favorite for the materials. Oh, and the blue negative speed force. And the blue phoenix. I didn't get a good look at the other ones in the live stream, and curious what the difference is between the blue iridescent and green iridescent.

Nice job Meg and rest of creative team, and dev team for this great TC layout.
    • Like x 3
  11. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Two negative comments, however, though slight.

1. Love the login rewards, very nice. It doesn't bother me they're only on one toon, that seems totally fine. What I dislike is that the pieces of little candy only drop in seasonal content. This is mainly because I run the seasonal on toons that need the styles, whereas I logged in on a different toon. Like I said, not a huge deal, just have to log in on the other toon right away.

2. This one irks me more. There are feats for TC openings. That's not the problem in itself, because as has been explained before, the max number of opens required in 15 over around 8 weeks, and the free stabilizers more than cover that amount. The problem is, the feats seem to count opens on one character only. So, if you get a time capsule to drop on an alt, and open it, it doesn't count toward the feat.

PSA: DO NOT OPEN TC'S ON ANYTHING EXCEPT YOUR MAIN IF YOU WANT THE FEATS!
  12. Ikyotojin Dedicated Player

You can shared bank the candy stuff.
    • Like x 1
  13. Malivic01 Active Player

Hey Mepps,

This update added enhanced emblems to the second chance vendor to be purchased with quarks.

Enhanced black lantern, enhanced white lantern, enhanced red lantern, etc (all enhanced lantern emblems).

Why are all the enhanced emblems only available in the second chance vendor, when there is no first chance to to create the emblems through R and D.

So the only way possible to obtain these emblems is through quarks? That's disappointing.

Great update, but two steps forward, one step back
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The concept of enhanced emblems did not yet exist when TC 1 was out. We have created them, and added them extra to the second chance vendor.

These enhanced styles have also been added to TC1. Many players still have unopened versions to sell/trade, so you can also go that route for a "first chance."
    • Like x 4
  15. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

These things are definitely in high demand right now. Last night I was running some missions on a villain alt and I got a number of them. The first 3 I opened for myself cause I had 3 stabilizers left over. Got a few nice auras out of them. The rest I sold. Since I didn't have a whole lot of cash to begin with, I sold the first 2 for 50K. Then another 2 for 100K. I know that its not just cause they're in such high demand right now, but also because they were at such a low price. But they were both gone in seconds.
  16. recoil2 Dedicated Player

so i opened a capsule yesterday and got a 40 quark option right off the bat, can anybody confirm whether this is normal or just blind luck?
    • Like x 1
  17. Shark Dental Devoted Player

This is normal in this capsule. 30, 35 and 40 I've seen as one of the selector options, besides the always-present 10 quark option below.
  18. Blazing Bacon Well-Known Player

I've got 100 or so original TCs if you want to buy them.
  19. recoil2 Dedicated Player

neat, not too thrilled about the styles, but i'll have to stock pile this capsule just for the extra quarks and the aura at 15 opened.
    • Like x 1
  20. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I think this is the best TC that you guys have done, Bar none.