Please change armouries regarding styles!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FlyingSheep, Oct 10, 2018.

1. FlyingSheep Well-Known Player

So this is something that really bugs me. I would love to be able to switch armouries purely for styles. An example of this would be for a halloween costume. I understand that you can do this currently through the following situation but it has disadvantages.

Currently you can imprint styles but it will also imprint your armour. Here is the problem, throughout the entire game you are constantly getting new gear, either through MOV, drops, or broker. While this doesn’t directly affect your styles, it does mean that whenever you switch armoury builds you will go back to your old armour. Meaning you have to go to your base every single time you equip a new piece of armour to imprint it.

My solution?

My solution is to be able to imprint ONLY styles as an option. This would mean you can switch to armoury 2 and change your style without having to switch out your armour (whether that be with existing armour or because of acquiring new armour).

Please let me know how you feel and if you can see any flaws with this. Dont get me wrong the armoury system is great at the moment, but this is just a change i would like to see.
  2. Dene Devoted Player

For awhile ppl, just after armories were introduced, requested a sort of style only armoury.. a style tube looking thing, like in the batcave, but it never eventuated
  3. Mikeyb2001 Well-Known Player

the solution would be when you switch armories if you have unsaved gear it asks if you like to just activate the appearance
  4. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Having a "Wardrobe" associated with each armory would be cool.
  5. Azreaus Committed Player

While your idea sounds nice it is not needed, I use one load out/SP allocation with 4 different outfits and all I have to do if I replace some gear or gain any SP is to quickly warp to my base and spend about 30secs updating my armouries and that's me back to playing the game.
    • Like x 1
  6. Mikeyb2001 Well-Known Player

for those of us with 10 armories spread across 3 bases it would be nice
  7. NotStanLee Well-Known Player

Have two armories next to each other. When you get new gear use imprint equipment on the first one, then switch to the second one, put your new gear on, then update that gear on the second armory. You have two armories with same gear now. You can do same with SP and loadouts. Then use imprint appearance on whichever armory you want. You can imprint appearance or gear or skill points/loadouts separately.
    • Like x 1
  8. NotStanLee Well-Known Player

And you can put all your armories in one base these days
    • Like x 2
  9. Mikeyb2001 Well-Known Player

i purposely seperated my armories because i have pvp and civilian suits in my kent apartment
    then my variety of superman costumes in my fortress except my pvp gear which is based off christopher reeve and in the closet with my civilian clothes of course i seperated them so i can do as you suggested earlier and update the equipment and traits of each one but because i have them 4 in a row to look like Henry Cavill's Fortress closet i have my less frequently used ones in a base called fortress 2
    • Like x 1
  10. FlyingSheep Well-Known Player

It may not be somthingneccasary for you in particular, but for those who are constantly getting gear, dont have the time, or have multiple armouries, i believe this would greatly be of benefit.
  11. FlyingSheep Well-Known Player

I dont quite follow, could you elaborate? im interested in this.
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Having Style-only Wardrobes would be nice
  13. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

You can choose to imprint just appearances or just abilities or just equipment; this has been the case for a couple of years.
    We've had this for years. What are you talking about?
  14. Mikeyb2001 Well-Known Player

Maybe similar to the prompt on Microsoft word Would you like to save changes before switching
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Wouldn't let Haast's or Chris complete setting up their Armoury because they hadn't used all their SP, would be great just being able to imprint their Base Appearance (would make the Seasonal Outfit changes easier, as they tend to change their colour configuration when playing dress-up)
  16. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

It be cool to see an style only armory, make one hold up to three different styles and make them statues of your character, that you can put around in your bases
  17. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

One Armory is essentially useless, unless you want to use it to store a look while you try out another one.

It's a silly money grab not to give each character two - and a solid reason why I won't buy an additional Armory for each of my 32 characters.

Why allow two per?

One for damage and one for role. That simple.
    It makes the rest of the party 1) stand-around (unlikely) or 2) rush ahead while I switch or attempt to switch to my role build, because we all know that other players WILL rush ahead and drag you into content before you have time to juggle costume parts and augments.

There is no way that I would by 32 armories, but I understand that roles are more or less obsolete, correct?
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Oh right, you are one of those who believes Roles can't do Damage

As for 'wasting time' juggling costume parts, do what the intelligent do and change before you go out Smelling Feet
  19. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Every time I get a new SP, style or gear, it takes me about 45 seconds tops to imprint it to three armories and that's mostly because the cooldown for loadout/armory switching. The only time it's a slight inconvenience is when I forget to do that first before salvaging and am confused for about three seconds over why the old gear I'm trying to salvage isn't available. But that's me having a brain fart.
  20. NotStanLee Well-Known Player

In years past they have sales...sometimes near turkeyday sometimes for christmas, sometimes in mid-summer...pick 8 favorite characters of yours and use your loyalty points at sale time to give yourself a quality of life in game boost. Armories, inventory space, bank space all make the game much more enjoyable.