Noticed something about how Aggro works now.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kanmaru, Oct 7, 2018.

1. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah wasn’t really a serious comment so I kinda plucked a number out of the air :D
  2. Knarlydude Loyal Player

OK Let's do this and promote the right answers here.

By all means lets get it right. If you're going to try to correct someone. Know your stuff before you start your nonsense.
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Oh sorry I see what you're saying.

No the boss shouldn't drop aggro after the single taunt wears off that would be broken ;)
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Lol
  5. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

Yeah I kind of assumed you were referring to the “mid range to melee range ‘aggro thief” lol. To clarify, you and I are on the same side there. I merely wanted to leave a more detailed response since it seems some people here are quick to judge some comments without using common sense or giving people the benefit of the doubt when it comes to what they’re leaving out detail-wise. When I leave out it details, it’s because I assume (neigh; pray) that the stuff I’m leaving out goes without saying. I know that’s probably a big step for these forums in a general sense, but for me personally it really more or less boils down to trying to spend as little time as possible typing on these forums via my phone, which is the only way I really view them.
  6. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

Ps - outside of potential bug, none of this needs to be talked about with better in-game messaging. ;)
  7. Proxystar #Perception

I sympathize with this, simplifying posts happens a lot with good reason I guess because you expect people to know the gaps.

It's just worrying when you see the gaps filled in with the likes of spam power right lol
    • Like x 1
  8. High Troller Loyal Player

to add to what i said already... there are those block happy tanks that do not retaunt in time... and the type of tanks i mention sometimes have a lot of skill points.

it's 2018 and we still can't always assume a tank knows what they're doing.
  9. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Correct me if I’m wrong but can’t tanks only Aggro up to 8 npcs....

I’m fairly certain I heard spy’s say that around the time amazon fury 2 hit

I’ve never really noticed it if it’s true

But if it is this could also be an issue
  10. Nu31 Well-Known Player

You don't know what you're talking about, so you're 200% incorrect. Run with a better tank.
  11. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

I'm not joking, I get 3x more aggro in dps role than a tank does because I spam more power at close range. Now if I go battle tank with no pulls and the other tank pulls sure he's gonna get the aggro because of the pull. but I'll take the aggro pretty fast with my spamming. Dom is just for pulling in adds and bosses u have to spam ur pull to actually hold the aggro and not lose it . That's why I get the aggro 90% of the time. So really the tank doesn't need to have any pulls just powers that can spam. Hell he could stay in dps role And still tank just with aggro alone just like i do. but my playstyle is hardcore so ignore all this anyways. And of course this can't be done in Elite content that's a no brainer. I'm not gonna sit here and fight about this.. Everyone know something and has something different to say just do u and I'll do me. Been working for years yall keep using lfg and running with ur league while I pug life and learn new ways to play. Seems u all only know of one way to do things like y'all stuck still playing the same dcuo before the revamp. I'm gonna guess you all think support roles are needed for reg content lmao cya guys around
  12. Schimaera Devoted Player

1. Make a tank class toon
    2. Go to powers
    3. Read tank description about how taunts work in DCUO
    4. Come back and rethink what you wrote.

Again, there is no need for a "pull" to taunt enemies. Every ability taunts in tank role. Some around yourself, some around the area of your abilities impact. A taunted enemy is "forced" to attack the tank as its primary target (not counting scripted attacks).
    I could literally go rage dps, get a pure melee loadout and smack the hell out of a boss. As long as the tank next to me uses his or her abilities frequently, I will never get the aggro of a boss. Not counting NPCs with proximity aggro (aggros the closest foe). Never.

If I were not at work, I could literally just stand next to you as a tank with 100cr lower than you and you will never get the aggro, no matter how hard you try. :p
    • Like x 2
  13. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Ur a rage tank it's the most op tanking power because of its powers it's also the most op dps close range power of course no one's going to take the aggro from you ur rage. U could tank in dps role And nobody would take the aggro either and u would walk out of the raid with 20mil dmg out and be done in 15mins in ttm even with a bad group. I seen rage tanks solo that raid it's the most op power for close range dps and tank. That power is so messed up u don't even need artifacts to keep up with 250crs if ur 235cr.
  14. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Welcome to Ignore, please enjoy your stay. :D
    • Like x 3
  16. Shark Dental Devoted Player

This is true, but if said tank juggles some adds, they're more than free to re-position themselves, cast another power and pick up the stragglers. Or run with 2 tanks, lol.
    • Like x 1
  17. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Normally, I would agree with you, but this thread makes me think otherwise.

In-game messaging: Casting any power in tank role aggros nearby adds and bosses instantly. Note: This does not apply to scripted attacks.

Player A: "Yo, devs. Your in-game message says you can use any power to aggro. Dude, that's wrong, because I know from experience you have to be spamming your single taunt over and over faster than the other dps to get aggro. You guys really need to correct that typo in your in-game messaging, like ASAP, before new players get confused."

Player B: "Dear devs, the tooltip says that Dom doesn't effect aggro. This is obviously an error so please correct. I've been playing the game off and on since FOS, so I totally know what I'm talking about."
    • Like x 1
  18. Schimaera Devoted Player

You did not understand what I wrote. Let me clarify:

I could be a CR40000 DPS of any power and do the highest awesome super mega dps possible.
    You could be a CR120 Tank of any power. I would never ever in any possible way be able to steal your aggro if you maintain your ability usage to keep your taunts up....

smh ^^
    • Like x 2
  19. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  20. Dene Devoted Player

This is even more apropriate since what you replied to seemed so bad.. Willy Wonka eats the cup afterwards LOL