PC Version Graphics are inferior to PS4 Version Graphics

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Torikumu, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Thanks for the welcome news, and for all you do! Between this, and the new increases to Bank Space, you're making me a VERY happy player right now! :D
    • Like x 1
  2. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

I cringe every time I do the valentines event
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  3. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Or how about Merging PS4/PC and Xbone for crossplats.. The ps4 villain side is D E A D unfortunately.. Its hard to run things when not much people are online anymore on the villian side... The survivability of this game will depend on players having access to other players to complete missions.. Once that has failed, the game will decline.. Please put a solution to this on a HIGH HIGH PRIORITY.. Villains CANNOT complete most of their WEEKLY missions because of the decline in players on that side.
  4. Kuno Loyal Player

Please Mepps, tell me this is getting fixed soon. PC textures need to match consoles, its not fair to have a beast gaming computer to have a worst visual experience than console players.
    Some PC players already feel like we are second class citizens, at least the game experience should be the same for all players.
    • Like x 1
  5. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Has a fix been released? Really looking forward to being able to read the text on the Gotham Academy jacket. Lol
  6. Napoleon Well-Known Player

I wouldn't put it past a company to do something like that, but it could be something innocent. If DCUO was still owned by Sony during the graphics improvement update, I could definitely see them outsourcing the PC port through a different company.

There's an unfortunate trend occurring in regards to console games being ported to the PC - They are almost always poorly optimized. PCs really get the shaft when it comes to gaming. Majority of high-end titles always end up on PC months to even years later after hitting consoles and not to forget to mention, the PC port is almost always outsourced to a smaller company.

Lets not be completely naive to the idea that console gaming in all honesty is probably the most obsolete way of gaming these days. The fact that you get more bang for your buck paying for a PC that matches or exceeds the specs of a console is evidence of that, It's really PIRACY (for the most part) that's dictating this all, but luckily for this community, piracy is probably the last thing on Daybreak's list of problems (along with performance.)

I do hope DCUO gets improved graphics and FPS sooner than later, but it has been quite a few years since Daybreak has done anything to improve performance. It really makes no sense neglecting something like that when the goal of a game publisher should be to give players the best experience you can give them, especially when they are shelling money out on a consistent and monthly basis (bitter.) Frames dropping in the Hall of Doom social area and instances on a rig more than capable of handling the load 10 fold is completely asinine.

I really equate the lack of performance updates to Daybreak having a lack of interest in DCUO overall.
    • Like x 2
  7. Kuno Loyal Player

6 months since Mepps message and things are still the same... quite disheartening for something that was "high on their list to improve and rectify on a GU".
    Things like this tell me about the state of the game and how they have 0 interest in improve quality and performance.
    They only work on TC stuff so the company can milk the players before the game's farewell.
  8. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i've also noticed this on some of the older styles on pc, mostly around any areas of complex design like the lights on the astral alloy chest or around edges.
  9. djcrossfade Committed Player

with xbox doing crossplay and me playing forza on pc and xbox i can tell you it looks better on pc ... there is no deal like that now adays on xbox now
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is nearing completion.
    • Like x 9
  11. MrMigraine Devoted Player

InB4 "If PC gets this PS4/XBox should get something too" posts.

I demand a pony!
  12. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Exciting news!
    • Like x 1
  13. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

14. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

This bug has re-emerged on the PC Test Server with the recent addition of Episode 35, and remains in play after the hotfixes that have been applied since.