What's Your Favorite Super Power?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fawkes2574, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Sounds like a commonly asked question, right? Some may say super strength, invisibility, etc. But that's not what I'm asking. What I'm referring to is the individual super powers that each Power Set (Fire, Light, Sorcery, etc) has. I'll mention a couple of mine to provide an example, in no particular order:

1. Quantum's Temporal Vortex
    2. Light's Impact (that runaway train)
    3. Electricity's Arc Lightning
    4. Mental's Thought Bubble
    I like the temporal vortex cause not only does it have a good effect, I've seen it drain the life gauge of a powerful enemy. Usually most bosses, as this has no effect on the bounties. Impact is nice for clearing out a horde of enemies coming at you. Arc Lightning is good for damaging enemies at one time, but it can heal you at the same time. And I really like the thought bubble. I call it the hamster ball. Nail an enemy with it who's on a slope, and watch them roll.
    Now since I know there may be some that won't be able to resist from mentioning them, let's not forget or exclude the iconic powers. I always get super strength, its innate and doesn't take up any slots. I think pretty much everybody gets that one. On occasion, I also get sonic shout which is good for stunning enemies. And if the situation warrants it, I get heat vision or the droid sidekick if I feel my toon needs a little extra fire power at times.
    So what super powers or iconic powers are your favorites? Please feel free to share.
  2. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

1. EMP. I loved it during AM days, I like the idea of 3 powers to weaken an enemy & then a big hit. Loved hitting the 3 pi's from range & ziplining in to hit EMP.

2, Eloctrocute. Visually the best looking power in the game imo, by a distance. Also works great in outdoor seasonals.

3, Quantum Tunneling. It's unique & feels like a superpower.

4. Reload. My end game troll powers are gadgets & munitions. Reload is just way cooler as a power heal than Defib.

Best looking overall powerset has to be celestial. Most fun to play, gadgets.

Best looking s/c probably belongs to hard light. But I do like Bunker Buster for gadgets & could never envisage dropping it.
  3. Saami Loyal Player

Fire´s volcano sc. I dont use it myself atm, but i always liked it. There is something that roars POWER in it.
  4. nawanda Loyal Player

Without Mercy.

Because it’s called Without Mercy.
  5. Saturn Girl Committed Player

Jackhammer (Earth) one of the only 2 super strength Abilities that exists and we want more.
    Quantum Tunneling (Quantum) one of the only 2 teleportation abilities that we want for other Powersets too.
    • Like x 1
  6. Mazahs Loyal Player

Light: Entrap (c) Swing - You get to put things in baseballs then go all Louisville Slugger
    Atomic: Fracture - It's literally a teleport Shoryuken!
    Electric: Used to be Ionic Drain - now Electrocute
    Mental: Horrific Visage: Who doesn't like changing adds into ghosts
    Quantum: Q-tunnel
  7. recoil2 Dedicated Player

nature: either dog form or the briar/harvest combo (look i'm planting a literal forest in my enemies and it's fun) and dog form is just epic if the dogs were scarier like the hounds of hades this ability sc would be straight up brutal and horrifying.

quantum: the quantum tunneling, mass levitation, and time bubble are really what makes this power just so fun to use.

hardlight: light chompers and the HILARIOUS animation response it gets from effected mobs running EVERYWHERE, and of course light claws are both dps efficient and fun to use with their active animations.

celestial: just the elegantly extravagant usage of the blessed and light tree abilities in contrast with the dark and grimmly poetic cursed tree make the thematics of it's abilities in general a visual artform.
    • Like x 1
  8. TheOriginalCirocband Active Player

1. Nature: Wolf and Gorilla are pretty cool.
    2. Rage: I forgot the name of the move but the one with the two maces that slam to the ground.
    3. Gadgets: Gauss grenade, cryrofoam power interactions.
  9. Version San Diego Active Player

I shall have my Vengeance
    • Like x 1
  10. Ergotth Committed Player

Celestial: Light of Saint - because nothing says "celestial" more than a divine spotlight shining on you, all it needs is a chorus going "ooooooh".
    Fire: Fireball - Simple, fun, spammable, makes me imagine my hero saying lines like "alley up!", "catch!" and "fooooore!"
    Atomic: Atom split - visualy pleasing, a powerhouse in damage, pulls all enemies to you instantly to receive MORE damage from the combo.
    Water: the barrier - All powers have your basic personal shield, but Water's just goes away with a satisfying "pop" that always make me giggle a bit.
  11. Eve YouTuber

Rage and Earth. I've been both for a long time and no power can top this. Water for healing, though.
  12. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Mental's Grandeur.

Because I'm bad at the game and it's a good 'Oh Crap' button.
    • Like x 1
  13. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

1. “Give me quantum tunneling, or give me death.”

2. The old mental powers that allowed me to hide as a civilian or a scientist on TKJ/NML and gank unsuspecting fellow 1-30 level grinders. :)

3. Old school Word of Power as a gadgets troll.
    • Like x 1
  14. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Gag Glove - They never see it coming!
  15. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

Lantern Helicopter nuff said.
  16. Plowed In Loyal Player

Clown Box...cause sometimes I don’t feel like walking.
  17. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

I'm going with Batman... being super rich!
    • Like x 1
  18. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  19. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Gadget's "Bunker Buster". You get this when you reach level 30. Its almost like an orbital strike, but better. Just sit back, and watch the fireworks.
  20. Dene Devoted Player

Flux.. it just looks so cool