How is the investigation ongoing? Any news? LPVE

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Draconiano, May 9, 2018.

1. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

I totally get this, but I'd just like to put out there that I (and tons of other folks) grinded out R&D feats (for every DLC), PvP feats, and gathering feats that were auto-granted, made easier and/ or made unlockable via the free character advance.

It didn't bother me in the slightest that those feats were made available to others despite having spent time and resources on completing them myself. I'd hope that can be taken into consideration with updating LPVE feats.
    • Like x 2
  2. MaverickRaven657 Well-Known Player

I don't think anyone is asking for you guys to give out free feats. I have finished most of these feats, and i personally feel that anything past 500 is abusive. Actually, even 500 is WAY too much now that i think about it.
    • Like x 1
  3. Ully Committed Player

Thank you for the response, Mepps. I understand that its going to be challenge for you guys and I do think some concessions need to be made to accommodate all players, but at the same time, I think its crucial for players to understand, that LPVE was developed as a long term grind. In my opinion, the idea of players wanting to complete long term objectives with little to no effort is toxic and it should not be entertained.
    • Like x 1
  4. Ully Committed Player

With the wrong group, any instance can be an exercise in futility. In regards to LPVE, bad runs are usually attributed to inexperienced players or new players. There are many strategies to shorten the length of a LPVE run and as long as everyone operates as team, there shouldn't be an issue. Also, are you on USPC ? Because there's still quite a few LPVE farmers that grind everyday. I can PM you details if you'd like to start farming.
  5. Ully Committed Player

That's a trade off that I wouldn't necessarily have a problem with.
  6. Draconiano Committed Player

I don't know how to say it since most people on this thread already said it, LPVE is broken right now, it isn't even working how it was intended to work at first.
    How to easily fix it? Reduce the feats counts according at how broken it is.
    Not easy fix? Increase damage, add more incentives to run it, etc...
    Like it or not, finally they are going to do something.
  7. Mazahs Loyal Player

No I'm USPS with 3 toons over at max CR and been playing 1 month after release (still have disk)
    Even with all that it doesn't change anything I responded to.

LPVE was never intended to be this...yet at times (like seasonal) it can be
  8. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

The same can be said of R&D feats, former PvP feats that were reduced, gathering feats, etc.
    • Like x 2
  9. Ully Committed Player

Right, it hasn't been the same since revamp, and you're right, there are many things that need to be looked at. So whats your point? I've posted some of the same concerns in other LPVE related posts.
  10. Ully Committed Player

It would bother me and I know it would bother other LPVERs if these feats were handed out freely. You may disagree with me and that's cool, but I don't think this is the best course of action.
  11. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

I know a lot of LPVErs who wouldn't care at all.

I think this would be the best course of action, especially in light of precedents already set.
  12. SilkyPawz Bunny

I know a Handful of people who have done all of the LPVE feats and about 95% of whom including myself that think it isn't rewarding for the amount of feat points and the time you need to put into it. I completely stopped running LPVE it's just a waste of time for such little reward!

Thank you for taking the time to look into this Mepps :D

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  13. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Sure. And that's great if you have lots of friends or a league to draw on.

But random queuing always gets you people who are clueless. Always.

And the system should be based on reality, which is random queuing, not on "everything goes perfectly" scenarios.
    • Like x 2
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

This would be fine if LPVE weren't level-agnostic.

But it is. It's designed to be run by level 10 members. And that's what we always get via random queuing. The timing should be set in accord with that, not on mythical ideal circumstances that never happen for noobs or anyone who plays with a noob.

LPVE is SUPPOSED to be tuned to "inexperienced players or new players."

Alternatively, make LPVE level-based. Which would contradict the whole idea, but it's the only other way to be consistent in both who LPVE is for and how long a group is expected to take to finish.

The question is "how long does it take four random noobs to finish this?"

Not "how long does it take the most skilled players to finish this?"

Not even "how long does it take the average mid-game player to finish this?"

Whatever the amount-of-time-to-finish is should be consistent with the actual level of play you get when you randomly queue in.

Or, alternatively, make LPVE for over Level 30-only. Though that wouldn't necessarily help much.
    • Like x 1
  15. Ully Committed Player

We must know different LPVErs farmers than. Also regarding the previous reductions, just because they've reduced them in the past, doesn't make it okay, or less trivialise past efforts.
  16. Ully Committed Player

LPVE has multiple issues, and the devs haven't really addressed them. LPVE wasn't always like this, but its been left unattended for so long, that numerous fixes are needed. Map objectives, character buffs and add reduction are needed, across all maps. In my opinion, its these issues that prevent newer players from completing the instances. However, one does not have to be an expert player or veteran lpve farmer to follow simple instruction and adhere to a strategy. That is on the player; to follow the objective and play as a team.
  17. EconoKnight XIII Legion

It just comes down to a numbers game all around. I very seriously doubt there is a significant number of people who have grinded to 500+ playing as Flash and just Flash; and I also think it a very small number who want to even try it.

LPVE is too tedious and lacking in any joy; and that’s why people like Ully are being sensitive. They don’t want their absolute misery to be overlooked - everybody else is supposed to be as miserable as they’ve been. Is that where we’re at? Protecting and fostering misery?

And to be clear, I haven’t been miserable with LPVE - I don’t play it much if at all, so I have no reason to be miserable. If the counts were lower, I would play it much more just as I did with PVP after the count reductions. As it is, the goals on feat counts are too unrealistic for me - I am not going to spend *years* running LPVE multiple times every. single. day.
    • Like x 3
  18. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Guess we do.

And actually yes it does make it ok, in fact it would not be ok to break that trend.
    • Like x 1
  19. Ully Committed Player

Haha nice try. Unfortunately, we are at a point in the game, where asking for handouts has become the norm and where grinding has lost all of its value because some players are too unmotivated to complete objectives. We've seen it with auto complete feats, we've seen it with nerf calls from Elite content and we're seeing it now with LPVE. To me, it seems like almost everyone wants it easy without putting in work. Thank you for your post, however, next time, add something of substance that can further the discussion.
  20. Ully Committed Player

We'll have to agree to disagree.