Tell us what auras or materials you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Blacwyng New Player

Please please offer materials in the MP. You nailed it with the gold, silver, bronze, and iridescent materials. Why not take older materials, (phoenix etc..) and put them in the MP. That way everyone gets an opportunity to get the materials without havingto obtain 300,000,000 in game currency. Great way for the Devs to make money in a way players will appreciate.
    • Like x 1
  2. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i too would like to see new materials and further stuff like movement styles added to the market place, if they ever expand them out into as many different colors as the auras, i might even have to switch to skimming and pick up a green smoke style for that eerie cloud/mist effect. but being a practical person i only buy what i want/need so i'm really hoping for either color change items in the market place or a glowing energy armor material so i can finally turn the yellow energy foci green to match the rest of my green forest themed outfit. that and maybe wings of sin put on market would get a BIG "THANK YOU!" out of me.
  3. Aerith Rose Committed Player

I would love this but I assume it is beyond the coding ability or would take an insanely long time to code.
    • Like x 2
  4. Darth_Andrea Well-Known Player

I don't know if this is a ongoing issue, but using materials on Capes wipes away any detail or graphic the cape had prior.

Pic below

[IMG]

As you can see placing a "Material" on a cape blankets it in such a way to paint over the existing detail. If this could be fixed at some point, or Materials set like colors to be placed on items with in their patterns instead of blanketing the entire piece would be nice.
    • Like x 2
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Yes, materials remove and replace the existing texture. They do not cover the existing texture.
  6. Drfencerman Well-Known Player

Just a suggestion : I'd like to be able to apply my materials to my skimming discs. Also would be great to apply material to r instead of a color slot within a piece of gear. Ie. One of the four color slots can Have a material assigned.

Should be quick for you guys to do. Next project can be creating power related movement trails.
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They can't attach materials to individual color channels.
  8. Drfencerman Well-Known Player

Why not?
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's a technical issue. It's something they've wanted to do but the way the style system was built years ago doesn't allow it.
  10. Darth_Andrea Well-Known Player

DCUO much like Original Everquest is well over due for a Engine overhaul if not upgrade. I don't think Everquest has received any kind of graphical update since the Depths Of Darkhollow expansion in 2005.
  11. Brit Loyal Player

I would greatly like to see a "movement" visual where I can put the Concentrated Power Aura: Nature (the floating leaves) under my feet for Skimming.
    • Like x 2
  12. Sissy Lala New Player

Can we get a Pink Material?
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Animal print materials: leopard, zebra, cheetah, crocodile, python, tiger
  14. Volle Active Player

Black lightning Aura plz
  15. Awsome Well-Known Player

I would love to see the ability to make a color slot a specific material.
    Some of my costumes, (like my Green Lantern Character) I would only want the green parts to have the material, the white and black parts would need to stay white and black. So if I can just set color 1 to a material for instance, that would be awesome.
  16. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

You and me both buddy. I would love that, but the Devs have mentioned numerous times its a technical issue and just isn't possible.
    • Like x 1
  17. Shandirra1006 Active Player

Yeeaaa!!!! Someone listened!!! I had a Red Kryptonite Aura. :D
  18. recoil2 Dedicated Player

what with drowned recently being introduced and the popularity of the ghost aura, could we possibly get a drowned aura? like green spectral hands reaching up from below.
  19. NotStanLee Well-Known Player

tons of new auras and mats lately....NEXT idea: Battle quotes! WHAT?: A style item i equip and when something happens in game (description later) a canned sound emote happens so that all nearby hear it.
    Think 60s Adam West TV series. Of course this would be a time limited thing. It only goes of once per 5 min etc thing. Get last hit on a Boss and your sound emote goes off, maybe its "that was easy". First hit on an add: "DOINK." PVP kill: laughing, baby crying, etc.
    Maybe they are d-pad initiatiated out of battle. Clapping, laughing etc. Maybe some are only used in PVE, some only in duels, some only in PVP arenas...
  20. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

not really a new material request but can we get cosmic material added to the second chance vendor?