How is the investigation ongoing? Any news? LPVE

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Draconiano, May 9, 2018.

1. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

I'll jump on the bandwagon and say I absolutely despise this game mode because of how long it is. Someone called it sleep inducing. Perfect description. Either make them drastically shorter or remove them and give us the feats. Love free feats lol.
    • Like x 2
  2. Xibo Loyal Player

The future of LPVE today are two...

1) LPVE ended

Or

2) LPVE revamped

One of these things will happen in the next months/years.
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I don't think anyone's holding their breath.
    • Like x 2
  4. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

The devs don’t care. Multiple threads created, necroed, whatever. They need to do something, but won’t.
  5. L T Devoted Player

They do care. But there are other things that are way brighter/larger on their radar screens. We're much more likely to see weapon fixes or even (typed with fingers crossed) PvP fixes.
    • Like x 1
  6. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

Pvp fixes????

Now I want some of what you’re smoking.
    • Like x 1
  7. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Oh, I'd sooner venture to say that he believes PVP fixes to be higher in the pecking order than LPVE fixes. Me? I'd put them on about the same level... with little to nothing done about either of them in the short term. We'll be lucky to see something happen with either PVP or LPVE after maybe a year. New DLCs and a weapon rebalance are going to have a higher priority... and while it's been said that there are no planned rebalancing passes for powers, that's a little more likely to happen than either PVP or LPVE.
  8. Tykes Rule Level 30

I just saw this forum today (obviously). I wanted to give my thoughts on a few things:
    1. I farm Lpve 7-10 a day. I have been playing Alot of lpve this past year. If anyone is looking to farm, please let me know.
    2. Since Revamp, most Maps take about 20 Min to run. Some 15 min. With a Great Farming Group that knows the Mechanics Really Well, we can get 1 or 2 down to 10 Min. But that is being real precise on the Mechanics. Emphasis on Farming Group.
    3. With pugs it will normally take 20-40 minutes.
    4. Before Revamp, some maps did take only 5-10 Min.BUT that was with a Great Group that knew the Mechanics really well. (Ever see a pug pick up a skip adds or pick up a Red Barrel, even when begging them?)
    5. Some bosses are Insane on time it takes to kill. For Example in Nexus with the 3 Separate Bosses. We are just grinding away at trying to kill them. After what seems like forever, we are all thinking to ourselves 'We get it. They are Bosses. They are mean and tough. We got the point about 5 min ago fighting this Big Bad Mean Boss, Can we Pretty Please stop now and not have to fight him any longer?'.
    6. The Reward System as Everyone who farms this is Garbage. Maxed on Marks. Nothing to spend them on. No posters or Anything. I have Missions in my Journal that have been Sitting there for years that I could get more marks on. Sigh.
    • Like x 2
  9. BlackSuperGirl Committed Player

I think that should have high difference amoung low cr/sp cr players and high cr/sp players, at arena pvp or pve a 240cr with 200sp cannot deals same damage out that a 246cr with 300sp+!!!! But this happens! i don't feel powerfull in tob high cr/sp if player lower can deal almost same damage, should be a hurge difference amoung status of 200sp to 300sp+!!! Devs fail on balance it since 6years ago
  10. TheOriginalCirocband Active Player

Wow they still haven’t looked into this. Is this a hard fix or something?
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is in our plans. We have a few details to sort out.

Edit: Specifically talking about feats and counts.
    • Like x 18
  12. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Super Great!
  13. Stephen Nix Well-Known Player

Can you describe those plans, even if they are 100% hypothetical?
  14. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

So the plan is to nerf the counters correct?
  15. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Just auto-complete all LPVE feats and be done with it :D
    • Like x 1
  16. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I do hope that part of the plan is to make LPvE a bit more fun, too.

Right now, even the shortest of instances seems like a long slog. Never terribly difficult, just loooong.
    • Like x 1
  17. Ully Committed Player

Hi Mepps, as an avid Lpver, I expect the plan to be balanced and fair to players such as myself that have grinded many of these feats.
    I hope the plan does not trivialise the efforts that many Lpvers have put forth throughout the years, as that would be extremely unfair. Also, I hope the plan accounts for fixes/changes to some of the Lpve maps and character buffs across the board, to provide a better LPVE experience. Handing out feats, in my opinion, is just as bad as the current LPVE situation.
    • Like x 1
  18. Ully Committed Player

With the right group, you can finish quite a few of the maps under 10 minutes.
  19. Mazahs Loyal Player

And with the wrong group (since a very small amount of folks run it anymore)
    It can be an exercise in futility.

Point...counterpoint
    • Like x 1
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This kind of concern, combined with the overwhelming concerns of most people in the thread, are why we have some details to drill down into and get right.
    • Like x 10