Test Discussion Scaling Gear

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Batuba, Aug 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batuba Developer

Scaling gear will now drop from all dungeon content (solo, duo, alerts, and raids) which should help players gear up quicker. To be able to attain this loot, you must be within the dungeon's CR relevancy. There will be a total of five gear sets that scale in the following manner:

Gear Set #1 : CR 30 - 55
    Gear Set #2: CR 56 - 81
    Gear Set #3: CR 82 - 107
    Gear Set #4: CR 108 - 133
    Gear Set #5: CR 134 - 160

The set that drops for you will be based on your character's maximum CR. Multiple gear sets can drop off the same dungeon while you are in CR relevancy of the dungeon. Example:

Alert Tier 2: HIVE Moon Base is CR relevancy 43-64 will drop Gear set #1 and Gear set #2

Please use this forum post for feedback and bugs submission in regards to old content scaling gear.
    • Like x 2
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Gear Set Numbers should be changed, imo.

Gear set number 1 should be CR 30 to CR 53.
    Gear set number 2 should be CR 53 to CR 80.

Why?
    Well intitally gear set number one makes sense for someone entering tier 1 to tier 2, and then to enter tier 3.

But Let's say I entered Tier 3 which the entry for that is CR 53.
    That means If I'm fresh Tier 3, and select the scaling gear box number 1 at CR 53, I'll only be selecting gear that jumps me about three CR points higher until I reach CR 56. That can be an annoying and frustrating inconvenience for the players.

If I'm cr 53, I want to select gear that'll help me progress to the next tier; not gear that jumps me three cr points and then I get the gear that progresses/scales towards the next tier.
    That Scaling Gear Box 1 needs to stop scaling by the entry of tier 3. Tier 3 players at CR 53 should get gear box number 2, not gear box number 1; because that's pretty much an inconvenience waiting the player.
    • Like x 1
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Question: since I can't get on test, does this replace the original specific gear? Or do they both drop?
  4. Batuba Developer

@Fatal Star - Regular gear from dungeons will still drop as it did before, however you will now have an additional option to choose from, which is this scaling gear.

@Jacob - For you to be a at CR 53 in order to enter the tier 3 instance you are referring to; consider that the average item level of your individual pieces of gear will be approx CR 47. So any gear you get from Set # 1 will most likely still be an upgrade. Also, please consider that this new scaling gear is not intended as a replacement of our current ways to attain gear, but instead, it is intended to be an additional assistance to the regular ways you would normally gear up (purchasing gear from vendors with marks or running instances).
    • Like x 6
  5. Maxwill Committed Player

Hi there !
    I don't know if this is the right place for it but I have to ask .
    Can we please have Boo Utility belt on vendor?
    I have been trying for years to get it from drops but I still haven't gotten it.
    And I am sure I am not the only one.
  6. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Go F2P or Premium. The belts drop there like they are going out of style.
    Only problem is they are not trade-able and you and to have pay 5 bucks (maybe 10) to use it.
    Being that it's been monetized, you should ask for it on the marketplace.
    Good Luck!
  7. DrkBLADExx Active Player

I hope that this isn't too off topic but since we are talking about scaling gear, I was wondering about gear procession. How much would certain gear parts count towards your CR now? For example, would Combat Rating still equal to 115% of your gear's weighted item levels? IWeapon, Chest, Legs, Rings (both together) still 12% each? Are Trinket, Neck, & Face still at 6% each?
    • Like x 1
  8. Nuclear Winter Well-Known Player

The 115% (of aggregate item levels) figure is correct, according to Odyssey's CR calculator. Item-specific CR contributions are as follows:
    • Chest/Legs - 12%
    • Head - 11%
    • Weapon, Shoulders - 10%
    • Back - 8%
    • Waist - 7%
    • Hands, Feet - 6%
    • Neck - 5%
    • Rings - 4%
    • Mask - 3%
    • Utility Belt/Trinket - 2%
    Hope that helps!
    • Like x 2
  9. Trexlight Devoted Player

There wont be any changes to the Combat Rating figures.
  10. Vagrant Committed Player

So my question with this change is....why can't we have all drops in old content just drop these scaling gear boxes? Why even have the un-attuned gear drop? Its just confusing to players and I can't imagine its hard to just remove those drops.
    • Like x 3
  11. Kuno Loyal Player

What is the style of this scaling gear, please? I guess is the same style for all tiers.
  12. Batuba Developer

The following link shows all the set looks: http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/Costume_Style_Sets

The styles for these are as follows:

Gear set #1: Insectoid
    Gear set #2: Kabuki
    Gear set #3: Biker
    Gear set #4: Shaman
    Gear set #5: Medieval
    • Like x 2
  13. DrkBLADExx Active Player

According to the last list post by devs I believe......I believe this was the latest standings.

Back: 8%
    Chest: 12%
    Face: 6%
    Feet: 7%
    Hands: 7%
    Head: 11%
    Legs: 12%
    Neck: 6%
    Ring (2): 6% each
    Shoulders: 9%
    Trinket: 6%
    Waist: 7%
    Weapon: 12%
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

These were the percentages before the revamp.
  15. StealthBlue Loyal Player

This is what I have on a spreadsheet I use. The values came from someone figuring it out after the revamp.

Armor Weight

weapon 0.115
    head 0.1265
    neck 0.0575
    back 0.092
    chest 0.138
    legs 0.138
    ring 1 0.046
    trinket 0.023
    face 0.0345
    sholders 0.115
    hands 0.069
    waist 0.0805
    feet 0.069
    ring 2 0.046
  16. Aerith Rose Committed Player

17. Aerith Rose Committed Player

I do not see how this will help progression. Scaling gear really serves to slow progression. I always saw it as a way to make people grind longer.
  18. Knarlydude Loyal Player

It will help people that have the original drops from the instances or gear that is not their role.

Now players will always get a piece of gear that will raise their CR.......Even if it is a piece that they already have.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.