So in the next batch of movement mode styles, can we get...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ShadowTheHunter, Sep 1, 2018.

1. ShadowTheHunter Well-Known Player

...colored variants of Speed Force lightning for speedsters?
    [IMG]
    It'd also be nice to update the lightning animation to look more realistic, including how the lightning courses around speedsters as they run. It'd also be cool if it could still course for a half second or so after you stop moving.

Also, is a reduction in price for each style in the cards?

Thanks.
    • Like x 5
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Dark purple or black smokescreen
    • Like x 9
  3. Isif Committed Player

Amen. Please for the love of subtlety.
    • Like x 1
  4. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Legendary Members already enjoy a 10% discount every day, dropping the price from 1,000 Daybreak Cash ($10) to 900 DBC ($9)! In addition to that, Legendary Members are given 500 DBC for FREE every month as a Membership Reward! So in just 1 month of membership, you drop the price from 1,000 DBC to only 400 DBC that you actually had to pay out of pocket! Or, if you save up your monthly rewards DBC for 2 months, you can get one of these for NO extra money paid out! :D

Add in all the other membership benefits, such as FREE opening of Promethium Lockboxes (very important with the significant increase in the drop rate of those) and included access to ALL game content, and the membership really becomes a no-brainer! :D

I'm sure they'll be discounted further in a sale eventually, but as we all know, sales on Marketplace items only happen a couple times a year. So when an extra discount is announced that applies to these items, make sure you take advantage of it! ;)
    • Like x 8
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Actual flames. Orange flames, dark blue/purple flames.
    • Like x 4
  6. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Movement versions of the power auras
    • Like x 7
  7. FoolsFire Devoted Player

It would be nice if there would be different arm positions for flying.

Both hands near your side and the effect coming out of your palms as well as your legs.
    • Like x 2
  8. Draconiano Committed Player

Corrupted movement style...
    • Like x 1
  9. EconoKnight XIII Legion

What everyone wants but won’t admit it - SPARKLES!

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  10. darth_paul Dedicated Player

The next big sale probably won’t be until the end of the year at Christmas time.
    • Like x 1
  11. inferno Loyal Player

Weather Wizard's movement style but cooler, with more whirlwind visible and trailing as you move. The sound would be awesome as well.To be able to do a red tornado look would be awesome.This type of movement mode could easily be transformed for earth and water.
    For earth, something akin to the gemstone shield for looks.

A jet-looking movement mode; Gizmo, has this. Basically, its a combination of streaks of light with sparks. This can be easily changed to a water type by changing the color and have bubbles instead of sparks.

Btw - That's not the real Captain Marvel. There's only one Captain Marvel for me.
  12. EconoKnight XIII Legion

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  13. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i was very much confused when i heard captain marvel was in dc comics all i could think was "why is mar-vel in dc? he's marvel.".
    • Like x 3
  14. recoil2 Dedicated Player

all i really want from movement mode styles is more color varieties so i can buy a green smoke skimming variant that makes it look like i'm gliding through thin air and eerie green fog like this guy .
    • Like x 1
  15. Nightcrawler Legionnaire

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  16. EconoKnight XIII Legion

It really irks DC that Marvel secured the Captain Marvel trademark back in the 1960’s (during a period when Shazam wasn’t being published). Marvel makes sure they don’t let it go either. That’s why every 10 years you are going to see some kind of comic release that has the Captain Marvel logo on it; they have to do that to renew the trademark.

For example, this strange little one-shot comic in 1989 starring the Monica Rambeau Captain Marvel.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  17. tukuan Devoted Player

I would suspect they could come up with a pretty good lightning effect for the other modes so this would make sense.
  18. Highplains Sailor Well-Known Player

For my Nature character I would like to see a movement style that trails various insects, leaves and perhaps occasional drips of that green toxic sludge from Ace Chemicals.
    For Atomic, I think a trail that resembles that Gluon Aura would look pretty cool too.
  19. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Blue Lightning for me. Ill even switch my main to a speedster if that happens. And thats saying something because Speed is the most headache inducing of them all lol
  20. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Actually, not really.

DC didn't really care, they were quite pleased with themselves for killing the original Captain Marvel comics at the time. After a decade of law suits by DC, the owner/publisher of CM, Fawcett, signed a settlement agreement with DC in 1953, stating they would never again publish the character.

So the name was free and clear for Marvel to make a character with their company name on it. There are people who want to put shade on Marvel for taking the name, acting like there was some malice or whatever but Marvel just made a character with a name fitting their company. And it was 14 years after the Fawcett, DC settlement agreement. Oh and its a 2 year cycle for keeping the trademark.

The only reason CM came back was because DC needed new properties and instead of creating something new they just went into a licensing agreement with Fawcett to publish CM but now under the title of Shazam, do to Marvel.

Fun fact DC didn't own CM until 1991.