Account Suspention

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ankh_Legacy, Aug 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

So an account can just be suspended without any details and no way to dispute such a thing?

Well that's a wonderful way to allow people to troll others (if it was by someone reporting) and ruin a good account's reputations.

Bravo DGC for such a great system.

No account in my household has ever violated any rules in this or any game and the thought of this being on some kind of record really pisses me off. Not to mention the loss of 7 days of game play.

And to add sense there is no way of knowing what the so called violation was, how can one avoid it in the future? With the terrifying wording of "future incidences could result in permanent account ban", knowing the violation is VERY important.
    • Like x 7
  2. Aerith Rose Committed Player

Try making a support ticket.
    • Like x 2
  3. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Well the thing is, the suspended account can't be logged-in on anywhere to be able to do that.

I'm not sure if it is allowable to do a ticket for such things from another account.
  4. Ekart Committed Player

PM Mepps on the forums.
    • Like x 7
  5. Proxystar #Perception

This.
    • Like x 2
  6. nawanda Loyal Player

Give them a chance to address your problem before slagging them off. Be reasonable.
    • Like x 1
  7. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Don't take it too personally. I once got a TOS violation alert for doing the following...

"Here's a link to a post I made on this subject three months ago."

That was it. One sentence and a link to a post which never received a TOS Alert.

Four years and eight months later this original post is still available. Go figure.
  8. Trinidad James Loyal Player

It is, I've done it. Don't worry. pretty sure if you didn't do no wrong as a Loyal Player you can get your account back.
    • Like x 2
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Go here: https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us
    Submit a ticket. It might be a "hiccup" in their system, it happened to me as well.
    • Like x 2
  10. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

The police have to tell you why they're arresting you. Even the government knows that. It's common sense to provide details accompanying any seizure or detainment. Wouldn't you want to know why your car was being towed 30 minutes before you're supposed to work?
    • Like x 2
  11. Schimaera Devoted Player

Sooooo ... you're comparing a gaming company with the police and the government? :confused:
    • Like x 4
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

When players don't register an email with their game account, how can support contact them?
    • Like x 1
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You can open a second account for the purposes of making a ticket with support for clarification.
    • Like x 6
  14. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Ok, how about every other MMO, then? They have no problem telling you why you're suspended or banned? Did that point get across now? Or can DC do no wrong in your eyes?
    • Like x 3
  15. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

I didn't have that information when I made the post
  16. Schimaera Devoted Player

Has nothing to do with it, fella. It has something to do with realistic comparisons. I am almost certain you got that before I wrote it, didn't you?
    DCUO can do many things wrong and occationally they do. But if it is their policy to not tell us, what gives? The reason also is obvious. Especially if you exploited something or whatever. They don't want you to know what they explicitly found out. No issue with that. There may be griefers around who report people for nothing just to annoy them, yes.

However, I personally believe that most of the suspensions and bans are for a reason that that's why I have no issues with them. Sure, some ppl got banned for a week for using a teamspeak overlay a few years back, but mistakes happen. I am pretty certain that the devs can sometimes not figure out what it was exactly, if a 3rd party program was involved and I don't think the OP did something like that. If the topic here was "the devs should be more considerate and evaluate if there is any sincere denial on the players side and be a bit more forgiving. Most suspensions I recognize ingame are spam, vular language, and things alike. And I have no quarrel with these people getting a time out at all.

@ OP: If you live in the EU you might try to ask for all your personal and game related data Daybreak has of you since you can demand it based on the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). Not sure if something like a ban or suspension would be in there though...
    • Like x 2
  17. High Troller Loyal Player

you send in a support ticket with this account you're writing from now. here's a direct link: https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
    • Like x 3
  18. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Well I got my answer and I pretty much got screwed but not by DGC.

When DGC sent me a more detailed reason, it reminded me of a strange in game mail I got from no one I knew. One of my characters was sent a ton of mainframe bots, I just thought it was weird and moved on. It seems the account that sent me the mail was a known fraud account (a gold seller I'm guessing) and I'm assuming that in me accepting (or just getting) the mail got me flagged as dealing with such an account.

Sadly I can only conclude that this was some kind of a troll. The Majority of my characters have very unique names that make it rather improbable to accidently mail to them through a misspelling, which makes this rather terrifying. Someone can just get stuff sent to someone else, hoping to get them in trouble, to which could eventually result in a permanent ban.

I'm not sure how to avoid such a thing happening in the future. At what point does DGC notice things? Can you delete said mail or is it possible to send it back (there is no return to sender option is there?) without being flagged or are you screwed the moment the mail is sent? I think I deleted it so I wont be able to put the bot on ignore and I'm not sure if the ignore list even works on mail.
  19. Proxystar #Perception

Did you accept the mainframe bots? You can just ignore the mail and in 30 days it returns to the sender.
    • Like x 1
  20. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Sadly, yes I did.

Like I said I didn't think anything of it, just got rid of it and moved on. It seems I got to learn a hard lesson, who knew in-game mail can be as dangerous as real world email from unknown senders.:(

It would be nice if there was some kind of refusal system. A simple option to click that would automatically send any items back.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.