Thinking of trying the game out again - returning player

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Saint Nutella, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Hi everyone. I took a break from the game back in around November 2017 and now I'm thinking of trying the game again. To be clear, I left for a multitude of reasons. PvP seemed to get absolutely no love and the population seemed to be dead at worse and very disappointing at best. I also didn't feel like the membership was all that worth it due to disappointing content and some of the membership perks not being as valuable compared to back in 2013 for example in my opinion.

I would like to give the game a second chance since I've gotten a little bored with my current game (GW2) since its PvP seems to be dying out as well.

So I have a few questions:

1. Are time capsules still a thing? If so, have they changed from the time I left the game?

2. How is the playerbase looking? I understand it's hard to tell the numbers but if I were to walk into the Watchtower on the USPC server, would I see more than just a dozen players? Would I see some activity in Metropolis or Gotham?

3. Has PvP received any attention? Even a small update or an increase in a population?

4. How are the powersets looking? Are they balanced in terms of DPS? Are electricity, quantum, mental and rage in particular doing well?

5. Do you believe that membership is worth it?

6. How important are mods and SP? I cant remember the mods I had but I had around 250 SP, would I be viable in endgame content?

7. What is your overall opinion on the game and what it can improve on?
  2. Proxystar #Perception

1. yes and they have changed over time where the developers have tried various different things with different capsules and different items, the one thing that has remained consistent however is the inclusion of feat points.

2. No one can say, there's a large chunk of players on the US hero side.

3. No

4. There are still a number of issues but it's probably more balanced than in the past at points.

5. If you're enjoying the game pay a membership, that simple really.

6. mods are no longer a thing they've been replaced by augments, won't explain that here. Stat points still remain important.

7. It's sufficient enough to provide the entertainment I require, don't feel like typing an essay right now as to what they can improve on :) haha
    • Like x 1
  3. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Are they P2W?

> 3. No

A shame. Is it worse than it was before?

> 4. There are still a number of issues but it's probably more balanced than in the past at points.

What about the powers I mentioned? Are they ok? Are there any issues with the weapons?

> mods are no longer a thing they've been replaced by augments, won't explain that here. Stat points still remain important.

I will read up on those if I finally decide to try the game out again. Though, is acquiring these augments difficult (grindy) or P2W?
  4. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. Proxystar #Perception

I think PVP is possibly in the worst state it ever has been, which is sad.

Electricity, Quantum and rage are good, mental needs looking at imo.

Weapons are broken, just have a look around the forums, the only truly viable weapons are duel wields and bows but I've also been told there's not a problem I'm just an unskilled PUG and need to git gud. You'll make your own mind up in terms of weapon viability pretty quickly :D :D

You should get some augment boosts when you log in from your journal depending on when you last played will determine how high you get them initially. You'll need to work on them but you get experience exobytes from salvaging gear so you level them up pretty quickly if you're playing a lot.
  6. Yes We Can Active Player

Run while you can, they keep breaking the game. You are better off finding a non mmo to play for a while and see if this game actually improves.
  7. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Translation.
  8. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

As I said.....
    [IMG]

Its too late for all of us, but its not for you so.....

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Lol, that's funny. I thought you meant this thread was a trap (which I agree).
  10. Eve YouTuber

1. They are, they made some changes (Instead of getting a sub-capsule for example, you can choose if you
    either want the collection, gear-style piece or stuff that boost your artifacts. Also, you can get artifacts from
    Time capsules.)

2. It's alright. US is more active then the EU servers. Villain side is dead on EU, but is ok on US.
    Hero is active as usual. Queues might or might not take time but you will get into stuff faster on US.

3. PvP is forever alone

4. They are good, mental's invisibility is a problem in arenas mostly as far as I know. All powers are pretty much balanced though.
    Atomic is the best tank as far as I know\tested.

5. It does. If you are going to play daily or at least most of the week. If you want to get further you can of course buy
    episodes but good gear from vendors requires membership. There are also still benefits you can benefit from.

6. Mods aren't a thing anymore. There are augments right now, you can read about it here:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/teen-titans-judas-contract-augments.297576/
    SP matters. You can see a crazy different between a player with 10 or 60 sp to a player with 250 or 300 sp.

7. I still enjoy the game. Content is good, Titans is a lot of fun and refreshing. Difficulty is much better since they released
    Titans, so kudos to the Devs. Still hoping to see feats getting removed from Time Capsules. Or at least no feats that grants
    a sp. There are a lot of bugs I want to see fix. (Like Batman and Robin's block breaker in legends, Twoface's rifle, etc).
    Other then that the game is pretty good for me.
    • Like x 1
  11. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I don't remember playing in January. And no, I wasn't expecting an overhaul. I just wanted to know the state of the game and if what I cared for the most (i.e PvP) was improved.

And no, this thread isn't a trap. I'm not even sure about what you were trying to imply.
  12. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Right now is probably not the best time to ask these question because the last week has been all kinds of FUBAR. It's almost as if someone at daybreak was given the pink slip and they managed to screw up a bunch of things on their way out of the door out of spite. LOL

I have not logged in the game to play more than 5 minutes since last week because of everything being jacked up.
  13. Knarlydude Loyal Player

From was was expressed last week PVP has been put out to pasture.
  14. Shark Dental Devoted Player

No, your last forum post was the end of December. You checked back again in April.

I was implying that your OP wasn't in fact a request for information (since any reasonable person wouldn't think the entire game had changed completely in 6-9 months) but instead a desire to make a statement.
    • Like x 1
  15. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Just checked. I quit the game in early December then probably.

I *never* asked if the game had changed completely within almost a year. I asked very simple questions such as whether or not PvP received *any* attention or the playerbase is still healthy. I never said something like, "oh did they finally add 10 maps for PvP or changed the entire design of the game."

It honestly seems like you're reading way too far into this in an attempt to dodge my questions or trick people into thinking I'm trying to trap them.

Since you took the time to see my previous threads, you would know that if I had a desire to make a statement then I would have made an explicit one. Such as in my Wasted Potential Thread or the Enough is Enough one.
  16. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Seriously? Not sure what FUBAR is but I'm assuming it's something bad. Exactly what was ruined?
  17. Balton hero Committed Player

This has probably been said, but PvP is still broken and Mepps, within the past couple weeks, has said that it won't be fixed anytime soon due to not enough player consensus on what needs to be fixed(someone fact check me on this, or better, give the link to Mepps' post? I don't remember which of the billions of Fix PvP threads it was in)
  18. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Thanks for the info. Really a shame.

Pretty weird though. Around the time I left people were laying out exactly what was broken. There was also video proof.
  19. Balton hero Committed Player

20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That appears to be a situational/individual thing. I've been playing every day for about 2-3 per day since the update and the ONLY issue I encountered on day one was the Weapon/Armory Switch bug...which has been fixed if I recall correctly.

Since the OP is primarily concerned with PvP mostly I'd say now's not a great time to come back. Although I'd recommend he log in anyway and set up his Augments since after the 30th he would have to build them up from scratch without the benefit of the Golden Exobytes.
    • Like x 1