Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

Something (I hope) would be pretty easy would be Emissive Right Eye and Emissive Left Eye.
  2. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

How about changing the colors of our powers. If Fire (green girl) can shoot green fire, why can't I? Would be nice if we can customize our powers to suit your style.
  3. Megzilla Developer

I'll add it to my list! I think this would be fairly easy to implement.
    • Like x 1
  4. Megzilla Developer

I know people really want this. However there are a lot of things to consider when changing powers. Licensing, gameplay messaging, etc. It's something that has been brought up to the team before but I can find out more.
    • Like x 3
  5. Mikeyb2001 Well-Known Player

this person might be going for a Cable type marvel character
  6. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

We have an Emissive Left Eye option already. The Future Luthor face style. Comes with a metal base over the left ear and a wire running from that base to the eye but its barely noticable. You'll have to look up how it drops cause I got it years ago and cant recall.
  7. TheOtherLeague Well-Known Player

Honestly, I'd love leather jackets with the heroes' logos stitched into them, like these:

[IMG][IMG][IMG]

Also, an open sportscoat with a tshirt underneath would be neat too.
  8. MISS ANNE RICE Active Player

how about circie.s outfit if they have it in game I don,t know were to get it from can anyone help me im on a pc and about weapons how about adding a whip as a weapon like what cat woman uses you have every other weapon in game but that
  9. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

[IMG]

I'm getting so tired of having to explain this to n00bs poozers. Who wants to tell him why this will never happen? :confused:
  10. MISS ANNE RICE Active Player

it would basically be like wounder womans weapon all they have to do is tweek it
  11. MISS ANNE RICE Active Player

im on pc if its adval like you said do you know how I can get it and were I can,t find it
  12. The Dark Kryptonian Well-Known Player

Hey all tho I'd like to see him in DCUO and really would love for them to add his style/gear, I'm sharing this cause I am happy DCU has finally brought Nuclear Man back and to the main continuity :)
    I don't know where I can share this so I'm commenting here, this Superman 2 issue came out last week and for those that already ready it please don't give anything away for those who haven't gotten it yet. Whether you like him or not please no spoilers

[IMG]
  13. Ascended Well-Known Player

So, I had another thought concerning the reactive gear.

Could we have weapons as costume styles that disappear when we enter combat?

We already have several styles with swords on our back, pistols or knives at our waist, etc. And people have asked for weapons that we store as a style piece that we can actually draw. I doubt the game engine is built for anything like that, but with reactive gear we might be able to emulate it.

So, you could have a sheathed sword as a back style, and once you enter combat, it "activates" and disappears (or at least the hilt, it'd be weird if the sheath disappeared too). But its combat, so you're holding your weapon (which, in theory, would be a sword that looks similar to the style). You won't get the "pulls weapon from its sheath" animations, but this is probably as close as we're likely to get. Assuming the reactive gear can be built to do this at all.

To top it off (and maybe make it easier on the devs?) the reactive weapon style could be patterned on actual weapon/s we already have in the game and can equip.
  14. RogerBlack Committed Player

No Problem. My Pleasure.

And btw, if you need more inspiration for styles, or if you want to find lots of other (ethnic) superheroes / or cosplay characters, I found the vast majority of the artwork by searching these 2 websites....

http://worldofblackheroes.com/
    http://pinterest.com (Keywords: "African Warrior")

Hope this helps.

Cheers!
    • Like x 2
  15. The BlackDragon1 New Player

Some style pieces are gender exclusive, and thats understandable for some pieces, for some there' s nothing about them that would make them male or female style per say. Namely I'm talking about contemporary style head piece and metal head face piece. These styles are vastly different depending on your character's gender, and would be nice if we could have the oposite gender's costume piece available as variant piece. Hopefully this wouldn't be too hard to implement.
  16. recoil2 Dedicated Player

*caption* hello, i haven't trimmed my fingernails in weeks!!!
  17. BurntMind Active Player

yeh man, i agree....like me having ice powers and changing the color to red or pink or even greeeeen -_- what about hard light? oh yeees man, as a green lantern id like to change my power color to red....bootleg lantern. what u think m8? i like ur idea, lets do it!
  18. Aestraal New Player

[IMG]

Could we get Jericho's eyes as a face or head style? I know it'll be hard since these newer models have a more defined face which allows the eyes to be more detailed than the player models but if its possible in the future that'll be awesome!
    • Like x 1
  19. recoil2 Dedicated Player

http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/Ancient_Divine_Sorceress
    looks different on females, for some reason the wiki preview is male 0-O?[IMG]
  20. Spicy Level 30

something that looks like a white mage or white sorcerer