solar amplifire question ...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by CptSkullCrush, Aug 12, 2018.

1. CptSkullCrush New Player

whats the "eye beam" ability that this artifact strengthens ?
    is it a specific ability or any eye related attacks ?
  2. Kestral Committed Player

It's the Iconic ability: heat vision.
    • Like x 4
  3. CptSkullCrush New Player

thanks. Then i guess that if i don't use heat vision there is no use for solar amplifier ..
  4. Schimaera Devoted Player

There is, since it boosts your might by the highest amount amongst artifacts.
    • Like x 8
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You can use it just for the Might boost, unless you're a weapon style DPS.
    • Like x 1
  6. Vagrant Committed Player

Honestly I wouldn't even bother wasting Nth metal on Solar Amplilier unless you plan on using Heat Vision, we all KNOW there will EVENTUALLY be a might artifact released, most likely with time capsule 12 so why would I waste my precious Nth metal on an artifact simply for the stats?

I'll buff up my role artifacts and just use the stats there, in this case the Omegahedron, shoot I even get at least a little bit of a power perk from it for my might dps.
  7. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

If that happens just feed your Solar Amp into the new artifact on a double XP weekend ;)
    • Like x 4
  8. Vagrant Committed Player

Lol you would have to wait like 4-5 months for another one of those to come by xD, very true though. Its just in my opinion, I won't be doing the Solar, I would rather work on my alt artifacts :)
    • Like x 1
  9. Schimaera Devoted Player

Actually the last Double XP weeked was from May 10th to May 13th. Of course, it might be four or five months until the next one, it could also be three months.
    • Like x 1
  10. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

It seems alot of people overlook the percentage buffs on artifacts, glad there's some that notice it
    • Like x 2
  11. Skelter Helter Well-Known Player

How much more might do you get from Solar compared to others Artifacts like Urgrund or Soul Cloak? Is it worth the investment if you don't use Heat Vision?

I'd check myself, but I haven't bothered to upgrade it yet.
  12. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

5% Might, it’s the highest.

Edit: So for example if you get Tatrahedron to 140, Soul Cloak to 160 and Solar Amp to 160, that’s 11% Might boost, plus the Might stats on the 3 Artifacts.
    • Like x 3
  13. Skelter Helter Well-Known Player

That's a solid boost in might. Might need to take advantage of the rest of the day before the exp boost ends tomorrow. Also, totally forgot you can just glance at the artifacts in your inventory and the percentage increases with each rank without needing to upgrade them, lol.

Thanks.
    • Like x 1
  14. 6ix9ine Well-Known Player

this is why im using it i want the might stat buff. im not a big "dps" guy i like to play support but when i do dps id like to put out good damage.

i actually do use heat vision in my single target loadout but i cancel it out i just use to make my loadout flow more smooth timing wise.
  15. Proxystar #Perception

Yea im not going to level up the next one either because they'll release another better one 2 months after that one as well ;)
    • Like x 1
  16. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Huh? The Artifact's stats and percentage buffs don't stack. It only uses the highest stat from each type. So...

Tetrahedron could give you the highest Health.
    Soul Cloak the highest Power.
    Solar Amp the highest Might.

That's why some of the numbers are in red and green. Just like when you see if a piece of gear will give you more or less stats than the one you are already wearing. The abilities though ARE stackable as long as they're not two of the same artifacts being used by group members at the same time.

This gets more confusing because those new Core Mods do exactly the opposite. If you have two Teen Titan Cores then the Might, Power, Health, etc. DO stack.

But you don't want to breakthrough your second one. Because those abilities aren't stackable. But it's worth building the second one up until you hit the breakthrough wall.
  17. FoolsFire Devoted Player

You can always feed your old ones into the new ones.

So grow the new Artifact out of the socket until it surpasses your current one.

Then use the old one as food for your next new one.
  18. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Mepps said they stack.
    • Like x 2
  19. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Extra Info...

As you level it up you get two bonus abilities which mimic powers you get when you play Fire.

1) At the end of using Heat Vision you'll get a burst like Spontaneous Combustion. This causes damage to the target and all characters around it.

2) Any character which is near your target will be set on fire. Much like Overheat. No one has yet said whether this means they get a DOT as well.

Mine currently only has the first ability. Pretty awesome when you see two SC's going off back-to-back.
  20. FoolsFire Devoted Player

This is the only thing he said about stacking... At 24:52 in case I don't link correctly...

So, two people, two different artifacts, can have both of their Health abilities stacked.

If a single player has one Artifact boosted to 4% and another at 5%, they don't get 9%. They only get the higher 5%.