PVP phase idea. Dump factions & change to Battle Royale mode

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Knarlydude, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Change PVP phase to Battle Royale mode/ phase and get rid of factions all together in PVP phase.

Make it so that it's all against all unless players are in groups.

Within the Battle Royale phase players could make raid groups up to 16. :)
    Then with raid groups we can have three, four, five or six groups beating the tar out of each other.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Please and thank you
    • Like x 1
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

What is this battle royale?? I never played Fortnite
  3. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Please no, not every game has to have this battle royale crap. Wanna play battle royale? go play fortnite.
    • Like x 4
  4. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I forgot to add that within the new Battle Royale Phase make loot drops work like open world PVE NPC's loot drops. Except use more enticing loot that can apply towards PVE & PVP. Something like artifact & augment exp, catalysts, random pvp styles, random MOL drops, make new PVP Time capsules that have cool stuff that can only attained via Battle Royale Phase :) but............Not just PVP stuff either. Stuff like Old TC styles, emblems or whatever that can be used everywhere within the game. Maybe this would get more players playing.

Basically, PVP needs better loot that can only be obtained in PVP phase but can also be used beneficially in PVE phase.

Battle Royale mode would just be crazy fun anyway.
    • Like x 1
  5. hoaxone Committed Player

Battle royale in dcuo,nah...
    Plus that would be a huge investment in time and money to create something that still wont solve anything..
  6. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Considering Daybreak has already been doing this Battle Royale type stuff and has been for a while.

They might as well try something new in DCUO's PVP phase and Battle Royale would not be a bad place to start.
    • Like x 1
  7. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Mepps stated yesterday that's PVP is going to be left in the dark sooooo we might as well dream or you can just keep b1tchin about something that will never be fixed because it does not make money.

Here's the deal.
    DCUO can try to jump on the bandwagon before it's too late and maybe start making money with that part of the game.
    Then......more stuff can be addressed within PVP.
    • Like x 1
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

But....what is it? I'm legit asking. Like what does it consist of, how does it work and how would it work in dcuo?
  9. Knarlydude Loyal Player

It's basically all against all unless you are in a group. last man or group standing format.

[IMG]

In DCUO it would be a phase that replaces PVP phase and kind of work like arenas except on a larger open world scale.
    • Like x 1
  10. hoaxone Committed Player

If you know mepps said that why you make a dumb *** idea that will generate nothing
  11. hoaxone Committed Player

Watch a Japanese flick called "battle royale" it's actually really good
  12. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Because I'm not saying fix this and that. I'm saying try something new & try to get some revenue to maybe pay for fixing & balancing stuff.

How can you fix something if you keep doing the same stuff that got you there in the first place?
  13. Knarlydude Loyal Player

14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Considering the popularity of these newer battle royale games, this might be the way to go. It might also bring back former players. #PvPvamp
    • Like x 1
  15. Knarlydude Loyal Player

IKR, I saw someone make a small comment about DCUO & Battle Royale in a thread within the last couple days and it just went in one ear & out the other so to speak.

I thought it was an awesome idea. Soooo, I figured that I would make a thread about it considering Daybreak already does this and DCUO would be the only superhero game in the genre.

Considering how people always talk about the old days and being in large groups whoopin each other....
    WHY NOT??? It would be new and exciting group PVP content that could be used to bring in more players.

If you think about it.
    How is PVP going to get fixed if DCUO keeps doing what got PVP to this point in the first place? That's my thinking anyway.
  16. willflynne 10000 Post Club

It could also end up being a case of trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. Trying new things is one thing, but if that new something doesn't fit with the makeup of the game or what the devs (or even DC) have in mind for the game then it'd just end up being wasted resources that could have been put to better use.

I don't think Daybreak is rolling around in huge enough amounts of money to try that kind of a risk with a seven year old game.
  17. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Like I said before, You don't keep on doing what got you stuck in the ditch in the first place. You have to change it up or keep on being stuck in that ditch.

As it stands right now we're in the ditch & it is not and will not be going anywhere. Sooooo, if people want to try & fix things. They better start thinking outside of the box.
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Unfortunately jumping on the "make a battle royal mode" isn't exactly thinking outside the box right now, considering how many companies are trying to make their own version of PUBG or Fortnite. ;)
  19. Draconiano Committed Player

Just the words of "Battle Royale" makes me puke, I suggest you use another name for this idea.
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

DC Universe Online: Last Stand
    • Like x 4