Please reconsidered the freaking 5 chat limit on Free players

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by JohnStar14556, Aug 12, 2018.

1. JohnStar14556 New Player

Can you, the devs, please reconsidered the freaking 5 chat limit for free players, if you think the "Free Players" are the ones that are spamming, you may want to either shut off this game, or return back to Pay to play.

My reasons is, if a free player only have a freaking 5 chat limit for every single day, how can they enjoy the game and even learn things from the veteran players or paying players that put serious time and effort and money to the game, if the free players have only 5 chats, just to ask questions, and if that 5 limit is reach (which is instant cause free players (new/beginning) ask all the time), how can the free players (which is new to the game obviously) ask the questions that they can be confuse of, or want to know how. (just like me).

here is a thing, why not challenge yourselves to speak only 5 sentence for every single day and once you speak 5 sentence, don't ever speak for an entire day, in every single day of the week, and see what you can feel about that.

and if you going to say, "why not use hand gestures"?

how can you freaking do that in a game that only have a straight forward emotes that can only dance, wave there hands, and freaking sleep.

And another thing, not all Free players are spammers. those who still continues to spam is (obviously) paying players.
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That limit exists on public channels. If you really want to speak to an individual without that restriction you can do one of two things: Send a Tell (which is a private message that can only be seen by the recipient), or ask to group up so you can ask a few questions in group chat (which doesn't have the restriction).
    • Like x 6
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Just log out and back in, and it resets. That's what the gold bots do
    • Like x 6
  4. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

It mainly applies to global chats only, you have unlimited in group and league, I believe tell also

Also if they spend at least $5, those restrictions go away as they become premium

Can't really prove this tbh(talking about people continuously spamming), it could be a premium who only spent a minimum of $5 and nothing more, just depends. the people who I seen spam is gold sellers, partially why these restrictions were put into place, since they make free to play account and spammed the global chats
    • Like x 3
  5. hoaxone Committed Player

I'll be that guy.NOW,I dont think anyone wants u in particular to have more then 5 messages a day that we can all see.
  6. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

And just a reminder how it was before the restriction.
    • Like x 7
  7. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Sorry but no. You can thank a few bad apples for that. If you like the game you should help support the game. Spend five bucks and become a premium player. Then you will not have any issues.
    • Like x 6
  8. JohnStar14556 New Player

the "tell" or "whisper" function is affected as well, so I can't PM anyone after 5 inputs in chat and the only unlimited is the league and group/team chat
  9. JohnStar14556 New Player

Tell/whisper is affected as well, after 5 chat inputs it'll warn you to pay to remove this restriction for free players.
  10. Draconiano Committed Player

How about becoming legendary and supporting the game? sound good right?
    • Like x 3
  11. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

While I personally could care less if the restriction gets lifted or not since we are talking a group of players that contribute nothing to the game unless you want to consider their presence adding to the lag when the servers get busy. That said let's get really honest here .. the five messages per day idea is a failure on so many levels it's probably a joke to the spammers it was suppose to affect.

First of all, as Fatal mentioned, the spammers took all of 2 maybe 3 days to figure out the way around it. Log out, log back on and you get another 5 messages. And when this came to light I even tested it.. You do NOT even need to completely log off.. just go to switch character and log the same character back in and you get a new 5 message limit. So the effect forces a Spammer to switch characters after a few posts. The HORROR! It kind of amazes me that that is even possible. Question that pops up in MY head... So a limit of 5 posts per day can be circumvented by simply logging out for 1 minute? Then why do I need replays? Shouldn't every mission in game reset simply by me logging off and back on? Its the same principle. Why can't they use the same coding they engineered to limit replaying content on those chat restrictions?

Next and even more disappointing was the fact that most of us assumed that placing that limit of posts a free 2 play could make would sent the spammers running because they'd NEVER spend the $5 to go premium. And yet within the same couple of days it took the spammers to discover the way around the limit in shout and say chat.... A pile of them went out and spent $5 and we are still seeing gold spamming on the LFG etc. Really if you think about it.. There has to be a group of them out there that actually are legendary although my guess is they have nothing to do with advertising... THINK about it. A player goes to one of those web sites and shell out money to buy say 10 Million in game cash. SOMEONE has to deliver that cash to that player in game. A Premium can only carry 2000 in game cash at one time so there must be some "delivery" Spammers showing up with the cash that are Legends. Now I'm sure they never advertise unless they have a 2nd account that is just F2P or Premium so that if they get reported their Legendary account is untouched.

Thankfully it did slow them all down a bit and we are not seeing that insane spamming where three different Gold Spammers were trying to out advertise one another. But the reality is we still have them posting everywhere. I could really care less if the restriction stays or go since it too me a whole 3 days as a Premium to decide i liked the game and subscribe but I really don't think it solved a thing.
  12. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

your thread title is enough to support keeping the restriction in place.
    • Like x 5
  13. Trexlight Devoted Player

As others have said, get into a group with them and ask all the questions you want.

Even the logout/login method I havent seen a lot of spamming in the WT if not at all. Chat is quiet from spam and its blissful so the restrictions, sad to say, need to stay. it sucks but the bad people ruined it for the good.
    • Like x 4
  14. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Kanye approves
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  16. SasquaT Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    Fake News Khal
  17. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

By spending $5 to become premium and even faintly supporting the game.

Thanks for asking.
    • Like x 2
  18. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

This is a good time for you to subscribe.

If you're on the fence, just buy a whole year and see what happens. No more chat restrictions :)
    • Like x 1
  19. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Yeah I was just going to say this. It is the easiest way. Either that, or what the first response said, get the hints/suggestions/tips/advice from experienced players either in Tell, Group, or better yet, League chat. Find yourself a good active league. Chances are you may find some experienced players in one of those, and they can give you advice that you're looking for, without any chat restrictions.

That being said, let's go back to the gold bots and this "restriction." I'm not going to go into a lengthy discussion here. But to put it simply, if its that easy for the bots to avoid this restriction to just log out and log back in, then this "solution" is not working. And the devs need to come up with something better. And don't tell me the report system, cause that is a joke.
  20. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

I agree that the dev should reconsider the 5 chat limit for free player... free player should be ban completely from chat... maybe then I could go for one day without having to ignore spam bot...