Artifact thread

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by 6ix9ine, Aug 10, 2018.

1. 6ix9ine Well-Known Player

Why dont we have one of these? what godly artifact combinations have yall put together and for what roles? And what are you looking to add with this 3rd slot coming soon.

[IMG]
  2. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

For Healer I use Starheart and Demon’s Fang. Going to add Omegahedron although idk why. I’m pretty power efficient.

For Might DPS I use Tetrahedron and Soul Cloak. Going to add Solar Amplifier for the Might boost, cuz right now we don’t have a lot of options.

What was supposed to make us all unique and specifically focused, has turned into a Meta of “use it or be laughed at” type mentality.

Hopefully more come soon, especially Might choices.

PS - I love the idea of the Lazarus Pit one but it would be too much XP for little pay off.
    • Like x 3
  3. 6ix9ine Well-Known Player

im putting the same thing on my heal omegahedron but im power hungry as heck lol & i also have those other 2 artifacts.
  4. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

On my healer i have a 120 Sparring, 120 Venom and 80 Demons fang so im obviously going Precision Healer oh yea!

Basically I'm smokebombin errthang
    • Like x 3
  5. Schimaera Devoted Player

For might based dps it certainly would be Tetrahedron, Scrap of the Soul Cloak and Solar Amplifier. The latter for the bigger might buff, sometimes in ST situtations for the Amplified Heat Vision. Even if you jump cancel it to not mess with your rotation it still has the 10% damage buff to itself.

Precision based dps will probably go for Venom Wrist Dispenser, Sparring AI and Demons Fang or Cog of Mageddon. Demons Fang is probably the better choice if you know there's another Prec DPS in group who uses the Cog.

Controllers will still stick to Scrap of the Soul Cloak and the Power Harness because it has the most benefits to the group. The last slot can be either Amulet of Rao or Omegahedron. With the latter, going full vit first should not be a problem since you even out the lessened power regeneration based on your power pool with the increased regen from the artifact. The Amulet can be good, too, considering that when you wanna build your SC faster, you're basically using your debuffs on cooldown anyways.

My healer will go with Omegahedron, Demons Fang and either Scrap of the Soul Cloak (if you're using a Supercharge, probably best for Celestial and Electricity because their SC are shields) or the Starheart Fragment.

Tanks... well imo tanks get the short stick here. The Dilustel Refractor is okay and yet there are encounters where you will replace your Pull with a single taunt. Unless that taunt is Mesmerizing Lasso, you won't get the buff from it.
    The other artifacts are mediocre to say the least. Legionnaire's Sparring AI is okay for most tanks, Atomic won't probably be able to counter much, since it needs it's combos for the fight.
    The Cog of Mageddon gives Dominance and Health as well, but it's buff isn't that useful for tanks. I don't need to do damage.
    Supercharge using Tanks will of course go with a Scrap of the Soul Cloak as well, but there aren't many useful SCs for tanks. The best one is Atomics Mass Densitiy and for this alone the Scrap will be worth it.
    The Lazarus Pit Water is cool, sure ... once an hour. It can definitely save you in stressful situations, I just don't think it's worth the effort.
    In the end, tanks will probably use the artifacts mainly for the plain stat buffs instead of the bonus effects.
    • Like x 3
  6. Controller Devoted Player

I currently have the Soul Cloak one and the Rao Amulet equipped, both at level 120.

Love the increase of Supercharges that the soul cloak gives you. The Rao amulet is a notable help with the more powerful debuffs.

When the third slot opens next week will add the one that stacks power-out bonuses with each debuff added.

Really looking forward to the combinations and options that will open up next week.
    • Like x 3
  7. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Arifact is not entertainment system it was made only to milk more money from people .Now they sale metal detectors and seals from MP they made more lvls and slots to sale more and more and then where there will be no more things to add ( when people figure out its BS )they gona make new system and leave people with nothing just like they did with old R&D . Where is fun in that ? I wonder why no one ask devs why seals and metal detectors dosnt drop from everyday content i guess its blasphemy or something like that :)
    • Like x 4
  8. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Except when you hit 120 and get the Spontaneous Combustion effect you don't want to jump cancel. It happens only at the very end of the power.

I think it would be interesting to get one with a Defense buff. Though I'm kinda devious in wanting this. ;)

Empowered Channelling + Absorb Heat -> Heat Vision w/an extra Defense Buff = Standing there like a boss.
    • Like x 1
  9. Schimaera Devoted Player

Believe me, some rotations benefit from the additional burning dot and the increased damage, yet running the whole HV duration would reduce the damage per second output of the rotation sicne other powers are far superior compared to the full Amplified Heat Vision effect.
  10. Plowed In Loyal Player

Catalysts are gating mechanisms. They are readily available. Seals and detectors are bonuses. They’re not required.

Are you still stuck on losing out on your stockpile of white mods? It’s been a few weeks, time to accept it and move on...
    • Like x 7
  11. Darth Piper Loyal Player

On my fire tank I currently run the Dilustel Refractor and Legionnaire's Sparring AI. When the third slot opens up, I will add the Tetrahedron of Urgrund because it's biggest stat boost is health and its side benefit is to grant might to the group... a might boost based off of numbers >100k. I had also considered the Lazarus Pit Water because it also has health as the biggest stat boost, but until you get it to 160 its bonus ability might as well not exist. On the DPS side I use the Solar Amplifier and the Omegahedron because I find the SCs for fire to be meh, so I can at least improve my power regeneration and keep the controller happy. The third slot will be the Tetrahedron.

On my celestial healer I currently run the Scrap of the Soul Cloak and either the Starheart Fragment or Demon's Fang, depending on the situation. I won't have to switch out those last two when the third slot opens up. On the DPS side, it's Scrap of the Soul Cloak and the Tetrahedron. The Solar Amplifier will get added here.

On my quantum controller I currently run the Scrap of the Soul Cloak and Parasite's Power Harness. I can pop off my group shield with greater frequency and haven't had any complains about power.. plus the SC builder is also my group stun and healing debuff. The third slot... well, I'm torn between Amulet of Rao and Omegahedron. There are very good reasons for both, and I probably will be situational here. On the DPS side, it's the Scrap of the Soul Cloak with the Tetrahedron, and I will add the Solar Amplifier.
    • Like x 1
  12. SuperBoyPrime91 Active Player

This game has a mysterious community that for some reason accept P2W like it's normal, probably they fear losing the game and are taking anything. This is the first time I see this in any game, P2W items are treated as bonus and "not needed" or "You can get them on the broker", LOL, it's funny.

OW community is raging because they can't get a bonus COSMETIC item in-game and ours is accepting Time Capsules, cr boosters, nth metals on the marketplace, quarks purple gear, seals of completion/preservation, exobyte boosters, replay badges, event marks on the marketplace, etc.
    • Like x 2
  13. Plowed In Loyal Player

What are you winning?
    • Like x 3
  14. Schimaera Devoted Player

Because it's not pay to win, if it does not give you a clear advantage over others not participating. Since you can get all the stuff without spending your money, people don't really care. They like styles that are cool. IMO, TCs would just sell as much without feats attached to them.
    As for artifacts ... since the devs moved the catalysts from weekly drops to purchasable Boxes, there is theoretically no need to purchase seals. From the time they introduced Catalyst Boxes up until now, I gathered around 250 boxes. I only used seals on the last breakthrough just because I have the ingame money to buy me some Seals from the broker. If I wouldn't have, yes, maybe I wouldn't have a 160 Artifact yet. But what gives? I would probably have it by September just by buying Catalyst Boxes.

The purple gear ... allows alts and new players to get where the real party is: The endgame. I have no qualms with that. It is still difficult to climb up some distances on the CR ladder without any help. Once these players are endgame, they have the people to run content with. Also: Dropped Gear and Vendor gear is stronger than TC gear. No pay to win here.

There is no Nth Metal on the Marketplace that is worth buying. The Nth Metal detectors are crap, the skip to 40 box is just not worth the money. What's in there? 16k xp? Lol. That's not pay to win. It's pay to reduce the numbers in your bank account.

As for the boosters in general, as with any other items, they hasten things up a bit but not by much. I have two toons with full 217 augments and one with two Rank 23 Cores without spending a single penny on it. Congraz to those who bought boosters from the marketplace. You were a few days faster yay.

As long as there is no unfair advantage that otherwise just couldn't be reached, and as long as players like to spend money on a game they love to either get cool styles or just to quicken things up because they just want to get to that next higher CR or whatever, I'm all good. I too spend money from time to time. I wouldn't do so if I would find it pay to win. If I would, I wouldn't be playing anymore.

That's just my opinion though.
    • Like x 3
  15. SasquaT Dedicated Player

I specialy like word mysterious in yours post :)
  16. 6ix9ine Well-Known Player

how good is the amplifer artifact?
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

The thread is about artifact combinations, not "the community likes P2W" or how you think the game is P2W, that's a totally different topic and should be left out.

For dps I'm going to use tetrahedron, omegaheadron, and scrap of soul cloak. Actually, I might use the solar amplifier since it gives extra might, and I generally don't struggle enough with power to take the scrap, not sure yet.

For pure healing I'll use demon fang, omegaheadron, and starheart. For battle healing I'll replace starheart with the scrap of soul cloak and most likely run either Life drain or cursed idol SC head mod
    • Like x 9
  18. 6ix9ine Well-Known Player

im in the same boat except im quantum and have soul cloak currently at 120 because my supercharge oblivion is actually a really good super + i use cloak on my troll side too.

im trying to choose between the omegaheadron and amplifier.. either one will most likely be replaced later on if we get a good might artifact down the line. the amplifier gives 3% extra might and 1% more power and all it takes is level 80 to achieve that which is actually really good and i use heat vision already in my single target dps loadout mainly to get the rotation to flow more smoothly though. i dont let the full duration run i cancel it.

my troll side is already going to have soul cloak, rao and power harness so its not like ill ever use the omegaheadron on that side either.

What you think? amplifier or omegaheadron?
  19. 6ix9ine Well-Known Player

well i went for the amplifier on my dps i couldnt resist the extra might i main support so being able to have more might to stay competitive on the dps side will be useful for me when i need to dps
  20. EconoKnight XIII Legion

It’s not that much of a mystery. In other games even at boss levels, players are facing off against random orc, generic dragon or alien soldier #2. With DCUO, it’s Lex Luthor or Superman - Batman or the Joker.

So what’s the difference? Fandom. DCUO is playing with icons who have been in comics, television, movies, toys and games for 80 years. DCUO is speaking to a crowd who spends 4 bucks for 22 pages of story once a month; or even better, 50 bucks just to buy a variant cover to the same comic they could buy for 4 bucks. It is fanatical at its core.

With even well known games like Halo, it’s just about the game. The fan base for Master Chief is a shadow of the fan base for Batman.