How about daily & weekly scaled content that's rotated like LPVE content.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Knarlydude, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Please and Thank you. :) This way you can add loot like catalysts, SM items and maybe use this to make some older content elite. :)
    • Like x 21
  2. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

3. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I hope that was not confusing. What I was trying to say..... Since people always talk about the good ole days.

How about introducing older content ( solos, duos, alerts & raids ) that are scaled and set to a harder level than previews. Then take that content and rotate it weekly like LPVE with overlapping weekends.
    Also, rotating weekly would give someone a chance work on a few instances weekly and not need to do everything at once.

Then the devs could make new loot tables for the older, harder scaled content which would be rotated with each new weekly rotation. This would allow the devs to add catalysts, survival mode items, older BB auras MAYBE :D, scaling PVP gear :), current DLC loot, trinkets...... Just make it worth one's while, not toooooooo difficult yet challenging and you will have a group of players that will play and possibly replay the heck out of it.

The hard work is already done. The instances are already built,....... ready & waiting for for some love. :)
    • Like x 7
  4. Plowed In Loyal Player

Interesting idea!
  5. Irvynnge Loyal Player

yeah. two thumbs up from me. why the divvil not?
  6. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I think this is one of the best ideas for reducing player boredom and mixing things up in the middle of any DLC. Two big thumbs up.
    • Like x 2
  7. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Yes please !!!
    • Like x 3
  8. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

This be fun, could you imagine a end game Paradox Wave, and A&B, and all the other fun raids. I like a lot of the older content and I think this be a fun thing to run with league mates and friends :D
    • Like x 4
  9. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

:cool: Good idea so good i gotta give you a thumbs up that's never been given to a forums post before.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. Dene Devoted Player

Imagine running Fos 2 at level.. with people who haven't run it much :O
    • Like x 3
  11. Shark Dental Devoted Player

That's the idea. People clamoring for extra stuff to do could party in favorite content of the past. People in search of the small amount of extra marks or a challenge could make groups via LFG just like any other endgame raids. Others could stick to running the CR 44 version, lol.

Having this stuff rotate means that it's doesn't get stale.
    • Like x 1
  12. Heywiar Committed Player

I love this idea!
  13. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

I am deff on this idea. Very creative idea.

Thumbs up for me
    • Like x 1
  14. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Thank you :)

Like I said before.
    I figured I would bring this up because people are always talking about the good ole days in DCUO. This could be a tool that could be used to actually bring those players dreams & wishes to fruition with minimal use of company resources while also keeping players interested and playing the game. One of the devs could probably come up with some really good stuff over a weekend. IMO, this is something that DCUO could put interns to task on to see how capable they are and see if they can learn their systems.
    I know it's not out of the realm of a possibility because I used to mod stuff like this all the time as a hobby and there are sites where people do stuff like this daily. Tweaking existing maps, instances, AI's and NPC's stats is easy stuff that can be done fairly quickly for people that actually have the tools to do this.
    • Like x 2
  15. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

I'm surprised the devs haven't thought of this . I think it's important to also focus on making players engaged more into the game and have more things to do .

I would also add they should look into metro and Gotham open worlds so much Potential wasted .
  16. BumblingB I got better.

It will be another highly worked on thing that will be either poorly implemented or half implemented that players wont run and will be abandoned. Thus stealing development from other newer content.

I think their take on this is the vent content that is allowed for all levels.
    • Like x 2
  17. Entrust Committed Player

FOS2 "Elite"

Oh the digital tears that would be shed, lol.
    • Like x 3
  18. Vagrant Committed Player

I proposed the same idea long ago calling it Legend Mode where your stats are scaled to be of the CR relevancy of the content and proposed to make it available all the time rather than it be an event. Why? Because World of Warcraft does this and rewards unique items for those that participate in reliving the difficulty of past content.
    • Like x 5
  19. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

^This.
    This idea isn´t new at all. I suggest too to the devs to copy the timewalking mode of WoW, which is pretty much the same as the OP is suggesting here, but instead of scaling us down, he is asking the content to be scaled up.
  20. RLManuel Committed Player

I like it!

I’ve made a similar suggestion in the past. If they did this it would be awesome. Add cool new styles and I’d replay it...
    • Like x 1