GU 86- no testing needed?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fatal Star, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Recently it was said gu 86 comes out next week, I suspected it would be on test server this weekend, but no downtime.

Does gu 86 not need to be tested?
    • Like x 4
  2. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

It will be tested on the live servers.

Like every time lol
    • Like x 6
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It will not hit the test server.
  4. Hraesvelg Always Right

Do people even actually test any more? Just seems like it's a place for total cheap-os to have access to a lot of things without paying for it and people that "test" just to find loopholes and exploits they use when it first hits live until it's actually brought up and addressed.
    • Like x 7
  5. Trexlight Devoted Player

Yeah. All this.
    • Like x 4
  6. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Some people use it for exactly that.

But there are some dedicated testers who spend time attempting to double check things and give meaningful feedback. It can get pretty tough to get groups together for raids, however, with people actually interested in testing.

I remember just recently joining a group to tank the TT open world boss when all of sudden the group leader has us in a queue for ZOOe because he really wants the trinket. Dropped that group like a rock, lol. 4 and 2-man content is much easier to test most of the time, lol.
    • Like x 4
  7. Heywiar Committed Player

Or for speed hackers to test out their new moves. :/
    • Like x 2
  8. KN1TE Dedicated Player

Live server is the PS test server... at least it's always seemed that way...LOL!
  9. Danne0075 Well-Known Player

Seems like if there is no testing needed then this GU will be fairly small and will probably not have any big impact.

Is there any notes out yet or we left out in the blind for this GU.
  10. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

All we know it’s next week (this coming week) so it might be a bit too early for the update notes, we’ll probably see it a day before it goes live whenever that’ll be
    • Like x 1
  11. Bzzzztt Active Player

Just guessing:

Another phase of style unlockings?

Adjustments to Augments?

A Summer Sale so flippin' spectacular it requires a whole update? (yeah, I know, probably not. But a girl can dream, can't she?)
    • Like x 2
  12. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

• Like x 1
  13. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Donna Troy giving us another thing to do.
    • Like x 1
  14. Controller Devoted Player

Nope.

I will be happy to test my Power Harness with my Scrap of Soul Cloak and Rao Amulet on Wednesday.

Looking forward to adding another tool to my toolbox to help in instances.
    • Like x 3
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Small, yes, probably not have any big impact...hardly doubtful. We can easily guess two things in this update...Style Unlock Phase 3 (<== click the link if you're curious how I know this) and then there's the third artifact slot as mentioned by Mepps in the announcement thread for the Double XP Weekend. There's not much to test with a third slot, and any issues can and will be addressed quickly on live. As for style unlock, that's not testable at all on test server...so that's a moot point. After that they'll probably add some fixes and whatnot.
  16. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

It’s probably to remove the ships in Metropolis. If I recall, they need an update to do that as opposed to just a hotfix.
    • Like x 2
  17. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Summer 2013 summer seasonal makes a return. LOL
  18. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Testing? We don't need no stinkin' testing!