i have a question for the DEVS

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Savior Prime, Aug 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

What are you guy going to do to make skill points matter again?

Currently, you can do all content with no skill points (except for 1 in weapon and 1 for superspeed flight) used and little trouble. I've done it several times to prove a point.

Feats are a challenge to get but currently, they are not worth the effort of getting.
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

There's a difference between being able to do content, and being GOOD at it.

I guarantee you put me against someone else of the same power, with only half my sp, I'll run circles around them. SP matter more than just how much damage your powers/weapons put out
    • Like x 12
  3. Entrust Committed Player

Skill/Stat points mattered at some point previously? (Kidding... mostly)

Haven't the devs stated that gear was the primary source of stats, and SP are suplimentary or enhance specific stats? (No i dont have a quote from a dev, hence the question) So SP are intended to enhance roles/playstyles (more vit for trollers, more health for tanks, etc)

I've taken a couple of breaks over the years. So was it ever stated by the devs that SP were going to have a significant/noticable impact on gameplay?

I always got the impression that "make SP matter" was a request by players, not a commitment by the devs. However, I could be wrong.
    • Like x 3
  4. BumblingB I got better.

Wait, Stat Points don't matter?! Sonnava... All this time!

Welp, time to never buy a time capsule again.
    • Like x 4
  5. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Gear is the main source of stats, not sp. I do agree we should be able to put sp into CC resistance and more crits, though. Ill pay 10 sp for a 1 percent heal/power/damage crit chance and magnitude
    • Like x 1
  6. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

You can do all the content because the games easy. How would a new player ever beat anything if they made the game only for high SP expert players like us?
    • Like x 3
  7. Entrust Committed Player

You buy TC's? Don't they drop about every 3rd add? LOL

(When sarcasm meets sarcasm) :)
    • Like x 3
  8. Shark Dental Devoted Player

When sarcasm meets sarcasm...

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If SP mattered the way some want it to matter, there would be another NPC rebalance and a lot of folks would be in a bad spot.
    • Like x 2
  10. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

Just b/c the differential is gone doesn't make this statement true. Since gear is the only thing that makes CR go up, and the higher the CR (or stronger the gear) makes you do more damage or support....CR DOES have impact.

Make Skill Points Matter!!!
    • Like x 2
  11. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

Here is my thing. Just by doing the missions get you the marks and gear....not hard to do that cause if you play the game at all, your going to get the gear. But getting the feats are the challenge of the game. And since it's a lot more work to get feats which turn into skill points, SP should matter at the very least equal to CR.
    • Like x 1
  12. BumblingB I got better.

I buy the unlocked ones on the MP. :D

Wait, did you want honesty?

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  13. Zneeak Devoted Player

Do you really want to live in a DC world where they make SP matter so significantly gameplay-wise, given how big of a Feat total we currently have in TC's with no signs of stopping? Not much of a challenge catching feats if you can just open your wallet to get a whole bunch of 'em now is it :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  14. Plowed In Loyal Player

When did they stop mattering to you?

They still matter to me ;)
    • Like x 2
  15. Entrust Committed Player

CR differential was a internal calculation between player & NPC CR that determined the amount of damage players could do to NPCs.

That has been removed, so now stats matter.

The majority of stats come from gear.

How do you want SP to matter?

Whenever I hear/read players say "make SP matter" it usually makes me think: "I have 400 SP, so I should be way more OP than this other player with matching CR & power type who only has 200 SP."

Stats are far more complicated that just gear & SP. There are base mods, augements, and artifacts that are also having an impact.

Furthermore, any output of stats (damage, healing, etc) is also significantly impacted by other factors such as power type, weapon selection, playstyle, and player capability/competence.

SP is a fraction of a much larger system. I don't think an adjustment will ever produce the results you're hoping for. Unfortunately, since you've yet to clearify what result you are wanting from your request to "make SP matter" all anyone (including the devs) can do is assume.
    • Like x 4
  16. Xibo Loyal Player

Devs should simply increase the amount of a stat per each SP point added so that SP may matter more.
  17. Entrust Committed Player

Heck no, more sarcasm!

Love sarcasm! ;)
  18. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

That would be a very simple solution. And yes. 2 people with the exact same gear...one with 400 SP and one with 200 SP, the one with the 400 SP should always outshine the other.
  19. Trexlight Devoted Player

Stats comes from Gear

Skill points are used to unlock stats

Stats are said to matter

that means Skill Points DO matter

[IMG]

Word play is fun. Skill Points already matter.
    • Like x 3
  20. Plowed In Loyal Player

Generally it works out that way if you standardize everything else.

Make the player matter! :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.