Double Artifact XP Weekend!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Aug 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

It's 1:1 on a double xp weekend. Better actually since you have the chance to crit. Nothing more satisfying than sacrificing an artifact and getting more xp out of it than you put in.

XP requirements roughly double with each milestone so feeding a 160 artifact (678722 xp, 50% is 339361) should get a new one to around 140 (337979 xp) breakthroughs aside.
    • Like x 2
  2. Riddim7 Active Player

Seems that you forgeting one thing in that "long-term progression". Thing that from time to time you releasing new artifacts with new feats and to get new feats you need to use expirience, and older artifacts staying behind.
  3. KN1TE Dedicated Player

I'd guess new artifacts in another new time capsule.
    • Like x 1
  4. KN1TE Dedicated Player

Not when it's double marks. If you found a new artifact to level after you leveled one during double XP. It wouldn't be a real 50 percent loss if you absorbed it into a new artifact because you got double XP. Just upgrade your most important Artifact.
    • Like x 1
  5. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

I'd guess the same. probably in the form of opening 5, 10, 15 (or more) tcs, or running missions for "x" number of days then mailed to you...
  6. xVizualeffectZx New Player

Currently have demons fang and supercharge artifact on my healer... tetrahedron and supercharge on my dps... thinking best artifact to add to both roles would be omegahedron... thoughts ?
    • Like x 1
  7. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

good call
    • Like x 1
  8. Arkenra Well-Known Player

Is it me or is it still giving 100% when you fortify instead of the intended 200%?
    Tried on a alt first but it displayed as 100%.
  9. zZzTorrOzZz Committed Player

Meh, no increase in nth metal drop so not a big deal really. Playing to the replay as usual.
  10. 6ix9ine Well-Known Player

are we getting new artifacts to or just the extra slot?
  11. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Already got my OHedron to 120 from 0, i can take it higher but i had to go to friggin work! Thanks DC!
    • Like x 1
  12. Zneeak Devoted Player

I'd like to know this too. #transparency
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Should have packed the system up....took mine camping 2 weeks ago on bonus cats weekend. Sad? Yes. Regrets...not many.

Reinheld
    • Like x 3
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Just to verify, using sunstones on the 3 Kryptonian Artifacts will also be doubled, correct? Sounds like it from the description, but just wanted to make sure before I burn them up needlessly.

EDIT: To clarify, in addition to it being double, is the normal sunstone bonus doubled as well or will it just be 200% or will it be 200%+ the standard sunstone bonus?

Reinheld
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

There are no artifacts launching with GU86. #transparency
    • Like x 8
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The bonus is bonused, too.
    • Like x 6
  17. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

... So I guess we'll have to wait for Atlantis artifacts, the next installment of time capsule artifacts then huh?:cool:
    Lets bring on the iconic and power set artifacts too.
  18. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

What is in GU 86 ? It’s coming next week but wasn’t on Test ?

Also, yay I got a few artifacts that need some upgrading like crazy.
    • Like x 1
  19. PSYL0CKE X8 Well-Known Player

haha yes thanks Devs. but instead of 3s we need to max it out at 4 like our utility cases
    I'm already ready though I have 2 artifacts at 160 and a 3rd one at 150 and fourth at 120 The extra Xp will just push my third 1 at 160
    or I can use on the 120 or other artifatc I have.. I'm set! Thanks again
  20. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Kids: Daddy, look! I found a pine cone!
    R: Mmm-hmm. Sshhh. Daddy's trying to tank now kids. Show the pine cone to mommy.

Later...

Kids: Daddy, daddy! There's a leech stuck to Jason's arm!"
    R: That's nice... tell Mommy to... darn it!!! Where did that stupid one-shot come...!!! Um, princess... can you pass Daddy an ice-cold beer please, OK?
    Princess: OK. Which one? This one?
    R: Sure, whatever. Yeah... dang it all .... what the heck is going on?!!
    Princess: (pops open beer, takes a few swigs) Here, Daddy.
    R: Thanks, baby girl. Hey, you opened it for Daddy. That's great. Now go play go fish with Mommy, OK?

Later:

Kids: Daddy, look! Jason hooked his lip with a fishing rod!
    R: Mmm-hmm. That's cool. Show it to Mommy.
    Kids: I can't... Jason fell in the water and the fishing rod got stuck to a tree...
    R: Oh, that's interesting. We should show it to Mommy... Excuse me, what did you just type?! This idiot can't even pick up a barrel and he's whining about...
    Kids: Oh, never mind Daddy, Jason doesn't have the fishing hook in his mouth anymore. He's crying though.
    R: That's nice princess, look, be a good girl and fix Daddy a sandwich with some cheese puffs, OK?
    Kids: Uh-oh, Daddy. Mommy's coming and she looks mad...

(eyes perk up)

R: What? Mommy's coming? (slams laptop shut)

Mommy: Tell me what in the royal heck you think you are doing in this camper while your family is ON VACATION and YOUR SON is BLEEDING OUT like a piece of SALMON?!!!!

R: Nothing, honey. I was just checking an email from some clients in Taiwan that my boss told me has to be finished before Monday. But I'm done now.

Mommy: What's the controller for?

R: Umm... It's uh, faster... to type. Using the controller... and uh, my beer spilled on the keyboard... so...

Mommy: You spilled beer on the darn keyboard?!!!

R: What?! Um, no, I didn't mean that... I meant...

Mommy: Do you have any idea how expensive that beer is? What are you doing drinking it anyway? Didn't I tell you before we left that the beer was for the children?!

R: Sorry, baby. You're right.

Mommy: That's right I'm right! Wait a minute... you better not have been playing DCUO again!!!

R: But it's double XP artifact weekend!!!

Mommy: I told you to keep your hands off of my DCUO account!!! You always mess up my skill point distribution and fortify the wrong artifacts!!!

R: But the Amulet of Rao is cool...

Mommy: I don't care if it's cool or not! Chill said Rao is trash and that Scrap of the Soul Cloak is the meta!!! Get your hands off my stuff!

Meanwhile...

Far away, in a chalet near Montenegro, Obsidian Chill sits sipping aromatic espresso and stroking a blue Abyssinian feline.

Chill: (evil laugh) Yes... that's right... another marriage dashed to pieces thanks to my YouTube channel. Today the forums, tomorrow the WORLD!!!

Editor's note: Sorry it got weird at the end, I couldn't resist. :eek:o_O
    • Like x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.