New episode redundant & boring. Go back 2 monthly content...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by KN1TE, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

Throwing in my 2 cents. I'd rather have quality content than regurgitated content for the sake of releasing content. And if you get bored with the content too soon, then try playing some alt roles or stop using replay badges :)
    • Like x 7
  2. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Yes! A thousand times yes. Elite alerts... get a token for renown worth half of what the raid ones are worth for each boss, or give you a single token for completion that's worth the same as one 1st/2nd boss (of 3) on a raid.

Much easier, sometimes, to find and assemble an alert team than it is a raid team too.
    • Like x 5
  3. muellersascha Well-Known Player

I dont ever want to see monthly content again. It became a rat race and I almost quit the game.
  4. Mermaid Dedicated Player

Monthly content was scrapped for a reason. We got half-baked storylines and content in that era and a lot of re-used environments.

War of the Light Part III was robbed out of a good finale, Bombshells definitely needed more than that raid and the whole Legends inspired story with Rip Hunter was a mess.

Soo glad that was done away with. However, elite alerts need to be brought back!
    • Like x 3
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Amen brother.

When people spend replays in the first 2 weeks to smash through all the content just so they can stroke their chin and flex their e-ego they lose all credibility.

People are bored because they chose to undermine their own entertainment.

As I said in that other thread there are certainly issues with the progression model, but at the same time people need to start accepting the consequences of their own stupidity when it comes to undermining their own experience and enjoyment.

It's like a good love making experience, you get the people that make the most of it, engage in foreplay, revel in the experience and fulfill their desires. Then you get the others that just smash and dash so they can get back to their mince and cheese pie in the microwave wondering, 'what the **** just happened'.

Some people need to slow it down :)
    • Like x 2
  6. KN1TE Dedicated Player

Yeah, they should have just continued with the same story line for 3 months.
  7. BZ12 Active Player

You probably like the variety because you play the game 12 hours a day everyday .. But when I login to play for an hour and run my dailies, I would prefer not transforming or picking up some lame weapon like freakin Ghosbuster
  8. KN1TE Dedicated Player

Why they chose to jump around from story to story, I understand that didn't make sense. But what if The titans comment had been released in 3 consectative months? Then it would be fine. The problem was how they released story lines. If they did it in progression, it would make more sense. I agree an elite version of alerts again wouldn't be a bad idea.
  9. KN1TE Dedicated Player

Have you done the mech suit? It's one of the dumbest & it takes a too long running around in that dumb suit. Equal it to the 6 hostages you have to get & that would be more reasonable.
    It's better to do the bee feat daily? I posted the best way to accomplish it in a Raid group in between farming the bot.

You fail at making any valid point in this post.
  10. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

I fail at making any valid point? Your valid point was "its one of the dumbest..." Dumb according to who? You're a single person typing with no details other than "its dumb and takes long" Do you not know how to use habdblasters? It doesn't take long at all..... Have you done any raid in an MMO? They all take longer than killing 10 robots.....

Am i being trolled lol? Do you need advice on using handblasters. fyi: if you press UP on the dpad, there will be a list of all of the handblaster combos
    • Like x 1
  11. Balton hero Committed Player

I giggled at this because the first could apply to Starfire in the comics and the second, Starfire in those pictures from the tv series that are floating around.
    • Like x 2
  12. KN1TE Dedicated Player

If it doesn't take too long and adds variety I don't mind. But the mech suit is slow, boring and mindless.
  13. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

overall i enjoyed the monthly content. i think the duos and alerts we got during that period are some of the best content in game.

what i didn't like was the lack of open world and solo content. we never got to finish off our trilogies "officially". i know we got ends to hall of power and war of the light in the monthlies but its not the same. to spend a couple of years building up to something only to have it pulled out from under you was not cool.

the op raises valid points with our current dlc. just a few weeks in and people are already tired of everything. you barely see anyone shouting for elite content and its a challenge just finding people to run the normal raids. Everything does look good but theres little to go on. No unpredictability, little randomness. Its all very bland. I think the raids are awful.

And yes the mech suit mission is really, really tedious and makes no sense when you're a character who possesses super powers.
    • Like x 1
  14. BumblingB I got better.

Look, they didn't jump around as everyone was saying. At most it was one month skip so they could do a different raid to continue into. A lot was ignored, like the Hal Needs Help solo. Which is still one of the worst leveling solos in the game.

Episode 15
    • Bombshell Paradox (1shot)
    • Corrupted Zamoran (WotLp3) Cont ep16
    Episode 16
    • Desecrated Cathedral (SoTp2) Cont ep17
    • Oa Under Siege (WotLp3) Cont ep18
    Episode 17
    • Unholy Matrimony (SoTp2) Cont ep19
    • The Flash Museum (1shot)
    Episode 18
    • The Demon's Pit (1 of 2) Cont ep19
    • Blackest Day (WotLp3) Cont ep20
    Episode 19
    • The Demon's Plan (2 of 2) End
    • Deep Desires (SoTp2) Cont ep20
    Episode 20
    • Blackest Night (WotLp3) End
    • Wasteland Wonderland (SoTp3) End
    Episode 21
    • Prison Break (Legends)
    • The First Piece (Legends of Tomorrow) Cont ep25
    Episode 22
    • Science Spire (Sups)
    • The Phantom Zone (Sups) Cont ep26
    Episode 23
    • The Will of Darkseid (HoP3) Cont ep24
    • A Brainiac's Bottle Ship (1shot)
    Episode 24
    • Harley's Heist (1 of 3) Cont ep25
    • Darkseid's War Factory (HoP3) End
    Episode 25
    • Iceberg Lounge (2 of 3) Cont ep26
    • A Rip in Time (LoT) End
    Episode 26
    • Wayne Manor Gala (3 of 3) End
    • Kandor Central Tower (Sups) End
    As you can see it was near the end that they were skipping more and that was due to some of them actually taking both instances in a month and not just one. Which tied with TV shows or Movies, like Legends and Suicide Squad.
    Yes, the endings were a tragedy, but it wasn't in the hyperbole that people are saying.
    • Like x 4
  15. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I know about those as well but I have this whole group of "trollers" That think if i type more than 2 or 3 lines I am writing a novel and I figured I gave enough examples LOL

And yeah I have stopped and grabbed what at the time was a rainbow that awarded an exobit while in EAGLE form and it can be hysterical to look at. All hunched over and trying to grab the thing with the tips of your wings .......... DAMN anyone have a screenshot of that? It is funny. If not I have a couple alts that can still run those dailies I'll see what i can get.. Now watch it will take a month to actually get a contact to give me THAT mission. :mad: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr LOL
  16. dresserball Dedicated Player

They had a valid point. How long do you spend on the forums?

The mech suit I clocked it today at just over 4 minutes which I was not booking it. Not sure how that is long for a daily.

Do you know the hand blaster combos?
    • Like x 2
  17. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

I don't know about you guys, but I was actually excited when I transformed into that small little robot after the Cyborg or Raven weekly. Instead of doing the actual mission, I went to the hero spawn and started zapping players and scanning them. And also chased them lol.

Everybody has a different cup of tea. This may not be your liking, but in no way should they go back to Monthly content. No thanks. And I believe many people here have stated reasons as to why. So I shouldn't have to.
    • Like x 3
  18. BZ12 Active Player

I can't believe people actually defend the Mech Suit and these kind of missions. They are awful. Where is the fun in doing these kind of missions?
  19. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I have played all the Titan content available (I do not use replays so the raid get done once a week) since it started. I have BEEN a Mech about 3 or 4 times now? Maybe more. and I am sorry but I fail to see what is so horrible about it. I don't think I have every had to go very far away from the console we activate to don the suit in order to find and defeat 10 Infiltrators. Unlike some transformations I have a trio of attacks in my tray that all do damage. Those include a melee attack where I pound on the infiltrator, a PULL that grabs one and pulls it close doing damage as it drags them to where i can POUND on the and the Ranged attack. Hell thre things don't even last long. Usually I grab one, pull it close, Pound it with the Melee, Zap it with my ranged attack and one more melee and its dead. THE HORROR. I do not tend to keep a stop watch handy while playing the game but I don't think I have ever even taken 5 minutes to complete that mission. we get it YOU don't like it.. But YOU are not the only person playing the game. Lot of things in this game worse that that mission.
    • Like x 2
  20. BZ12 Active Player

the little flying robot is different because you can zip around with it and it is kind of fun
  21. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

The first part was to the transformation comments. The second part was about the OPs monthly statement