New episode redundant & boring. Go back 2 monthly content...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by KN1TE, Aug 7, 2018.

1. KN1TE Dedicated Player

This is my view of the current content & some solutions to keep future content fresher longer etc.

1. Titans Island: nice to see a new area however, I could not overlook the redundancy of somethings. The bee feat. is just plain boring & one of the most ridiculous I've seen. Easiest way was be in a group farming the titan robot & run in between the 2 spawn rocks. Just really nothing to it. Another bore chore.
    Daily missions: The mech suit. Nothing I loathe more than doing this dumb daily mission. Beat 10 bots? Really? Another bore chore. 10 is too many. The downed helicopters. How can so many helicopters be down? They all look the same. I could see one crashed helicopter, but not all of the ones there. Have some crashed boats, a small plane...mix it up & make it more believable. I'm surprised there are different iconics like Mammoth & Jinx, but no feat.s related to them. That was a miss.

Problems with duo, alert, raids. There is no variance in this episode, unlike starro deluge that had a duo in that changed location & bosses. I liked the randomness & different feat.s for doing different ones. At least in the titans simulator they could of put in different bosses to fight or cogs to choose different apponents etc. Same thing with the alert. Very long and boring with no changes. Just the same stuff. They could have changed things up like Starro Invasion alert again. Keeping the titans place would of been fine but switch up bosses. Make different doors open lead to different outcomes. Something like an alarm goes off and your not identified as a titan and a ton of security adds or something.

The raids are ok, but I don't have a whole lot of interest in replaying them. Hive Raid introduced no supply drops on death stroke and no oribtals on Terra is an interesting twist.

Personally, since we no longer have gear sockets to replace mods on, I would like it if they went back to monthly new content. I felt the quality of the content was better & less buggy as it was tested better when it was monthly content. With quarterly content some stuff isn't as tested as well & I believe the quality suffers. Augment caps could go higher each month as well then. That's my preference & ideas to keep things fresh & fun.
    • Like x 3
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! No.
    • Like x 13
  3. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

None of the story lines made sense in the monthly format.

Part 1 in Month 1; then 3 month break other content is added and Part 2 in Month 4.
    • Like x 4
  4. Entrust Committed Player

Devs, please do not return to monthly content.

Bring back Elite alerts? Sure! (The game is about more than raids)

I'd like to see more content per episode, not content more often. More alerts, more duos, not just the standard: 1 duo, 1 alert, 2 raids (w/Elite alternatives).

What happened to rotating between large group & small group episodes?
    • Like x 14
  5. BumblingB I got better.

That isn't much different than the story lines in the game are like. Look at AF series. It was several years before we got the whole story.

Monthly content was a double edge sword. We got more content that was guaranteed to drop, while a good example of the other side is TT story. 2 open world dailies, 2 weekly bounties, duo, alert, 2 raids. The previous DLCs had more instances to choose from. While in the monthly we were guaranteed to have 2 duos, 2 raids, a solo and alert every 3 months.

In the end of it all, what fell flat with the monthly content was the fact it was too rushed so they started to cut corners on everything and gameplay was starting to go south and they relied on the CR differential for difficulty.

I liked monthly content release, but the devs can't keep up with it.
    • Like x 4
  6. Shark Dental Devoted Player

This ^.

There should be at least the same amount of alerts as raids. Of course, maybe they make more money off raids.

But for content I loved alerts more than raids. Elite alerts would be welcome also. Bring back Desecrated Cathedral!!! Lol.
    • Like x 5
  7. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

AF series is a bad example as they stopped producing quarterly content; to give us the monthly content. The idea several years ago was 3 story lines and each story line would have 3 parts. We vets all know this. Then they went with the monthy content and blew up the last to story lines of all the series. We are still missing Halls of Power and War of the Light part 3s.

The monthly made zero sense from a story line, Here is a duo that ties to that one alert we gave you 3 months ago.. recall? If not, wait 3 more months and the raid will tell you more. At least with the Quarterly storyline we have a group of missions that all tie together.
    • Like x 2
  8. The Canadian Level 30

I believe that the game should adapt the expansion pack route, for example, the Amazon Fury series. Instead of having parts, we can simply make an entire expansion with all the content that is locked behind combat rating achievements to get to the next tier of the expansion. This style of content would last longer and would have up to 6 or even more raids that we have to progress through 1 by 1 to get to the next.
  9. Ikyotojin Dedicated Player

Wait... Are you looking for logic in a GAME?
    Where people FLY while in "Stripper wear" and "Scrap yard threw up on me" clothes??
    • Like x 2
  10. BumblingB I got better.

They ended them, just the players weren't happy with how they ended them. I'm more interested in them finishing the actual classic game stories. You know, like Black Adam.

It wasn't a 3 month wait for the story, they were back to back months, but it was one story advancement per month. It was the one offs that were weird. Because they seemed open ended, but were meant as a one shot.

I'm not exactly a fan of how they are releasing content with movies and media, but I'm also happy? It's a weird. Because we just got deluge and I know that the aquaman movie is coming out and makes sense to have atlantis themed dlc, but ugh, no more atlantians.

Honestly, monthly could have worked IF they actually treated each instance with better detail like they do when they do larger quarterly dlcs. You would not have talked in the hyperbole that the story didn't advance but once every 3 months if you actually enjoyed the content as you did it.

Oh and the CR relevancy was a joke, because it forced only 6 pieces of content to advance your character eventhough they said "12", but it really meant 2 pieces to get new gear and hopefully 10 pieces to give you the gear style feat.
    • Like x 2
  11. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

You don't have to complete the beehive feat on day one.

Your post sounds like entitled whining. 10 is too many? How is anyone supposed to take you seriously?
    • Like x 1
  12. Miss Adora Loyal Player

would be fun to have content with a different outcome base on your decision. But what still annoys me is the story lines between hero and villains for the content. They still basically the same only difference is after machine, you capture the Titans as a villain. I don't get why we have to fight Hive master as a villain if all we had to do was capture Red Robin and Nightwing? Why not turn on them and fight them instead of pretending to try and rescue the Titans from Hive Master?
  13. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I agree with Philosophy .. First off (to the OP) there is no rule anywhere that says you needed to run around for an hour or two (?) tracking down Hive Infiltrators on day one. I have that feat now myself and all I did was stick around for a while after i finished the daily/weekly missions and wait for the infiltrator to appear. Heck I didn't even bother running between rocks just hung out at the one near the telepad that takes you back to the top of the tower and got them as they appeared. Its the same sort of thing as the baby starros we collected in the deluge zone or the contaminated crystals in the Doomed Metropolis. One simple feat that hand s you some points and doesn't even necessarily require you to take any damage or attack anything (at least not anything that shoots back).

Now let's talk that Mech suit........... This is by no means the first or probably the last time we as players have/will be asked to assume another role with different powers to complete a mission. In the wastelands there is the mission where you become a Rage Beast and attack others to discover the location of the boss. In Gotham under siege while we don't alter our form in any way.. We have the Ballista mission where the ONLY way to defeat 15 flying cockatrice is by using the Ballista.. OUR personal powers do nothing at all. Next up? head to the Historic District of Metropolis at CR 105 and you can get the mission where they hand you a "special" weapon and you go remove the mist from 7 contaminated Green Lanterns and then use the same weapon to attack and defeat the boss.

Okay let's discuss the helicopter mission. On a rare occasion I have been able to click on a chopper without having to attack anything but mostly you need to defeat 1 or 2 hacked robots to free the citizen under the rock or click on that helicopter. In other words you have to use your powers to attack things to complete the mission.. HOW is that worse than the trio of missions we got in Doomed Metropolis where it was entirely possible to run around the zone and click on stuff OR use the "SPECIAL" weapon provided to suck up contaminated mist and never attack a thing and have 3 of 4 mission completed? ONLY issue I have ever had with that mission was at times if a couple other players have the same mission finding a helicopter to click on can be a chore.

The duo? I enjoy the duo and the idea behind it. Basically it establishes the fact that Damian Wayne is a spoiled brat and so reckless he will do just about anything and quite possibly get us all killed in the process just to prove how much better he is than anyone else. Now I did like the duo in Deluge along with the Alert that actually allowed us to travel to different spots and battle different bosses... But let's examine the over all outcomes. The duo we have now awards TWO (2) pieces of armor by first defeating Damian and then by defeating the computer generated version of Trigon. The duo AND the alert in Deluge each only had one boss battle and awarded 1 piece of gear. The solo challenge from that DLC was dropping two pieces because we defeated the Starro controlled flash in part one and then helped Mera defeat the Ocean master in part 2.
    • Like x 3
  14. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Oh and let's add this .. while you may have liked monthly content a lot of players hated it. No daily outdoor missions or Bounties at all because the dev team had to sacrifice something to grind out stuff that fast and that was where they started.

This was the era where suddenly at CR 113 a players was permitted to join missions where the suggested CR to be able to stay alive and do any significant damage was much MUCH higher. A Cr 113 on a Corrupt Zamaron or Flash Museum Duo or the Corrupt Cathedral alert was basically along for the ride. If the even got near the adds they died and even before that happened the amount of damage they could do was laughable. What we got was 1 alert and in most cases 1 new raid. and the whole Armor issue was a nightmare.. took 3 months and three DLCs to replace every piece of your gear and about the time you did month #4 arrived and it was time to start replacing it all over again. This was where MODS took a giant smack in the face because we all got tired of constantly replacing them and just started running with none at all or using betas to save on wasting all that salvaged gear.
    • Like x 2
  15. BZ12 Active Player

They really need to stop with the put on the Mech Suit and pick up the Experimental Weapon stuff. These are the most annoying missions in the game. We work hard on our toons, I don't want to have to transform into a zombie to do a dang mission
  16. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I totally disagree. The transform missions add variety and interest to open world sections. It would be different if literally every mission transformed you, but that's not the case.
    • Like x 4
  17. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I disliked monthly content because it started to become very lackluster, both in design, artwork, styles and mechanics. ALSO, I might add that "monthly" was starting to become month-and-three-quarters-ly near the end.
  18. BumblingB I got better.

I don't mind the transformations, but dang it, give us fast movement.
    • Like x 10
  19. Shark Dental Devoted Player

This I can definitely get behind. :D
    • Like x 3
  20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

There's also the Home Turf mission on Striker's Island that throws players into a mech with a different set of powers and weapon attacks. Also, there IS a transformation mission in Gotham Under Siege. There's a mission where you get transformed into your faction's respective giant bird and have to drop Greek Fire bombs on the opposing faction troops that are crossing a rail bridge.

Fun fact, it's incredibly amusing to pick up collection pieces while in the bird form. Nothing quite like seeing those birds stop and start doing the whole "looking back and forth" animation you get when picking up a collection. :D
    • Like x 1