I'm smelling a new Time Capsule...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Draconiano, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Draconiano Committed Player

What do you expect the next TC will contain?

First, I hope they will change the structure of the TC once again, the Kryptonian TC made it harder to get the collections.
    Second, better styles. The rewards for completting the collections were awfull, at least for me. The hair styles were "fine", could have been better. And flamebird gear was okay, not the best style but it was something different.
    Oh, and no more artifacts inside TC...I just don't like them.

In summary, I think we got lower quality content in last TC, I hope to get something better in the next one.

Please, don't complain in this thread, I know "we all hate TCs", but there are other 2 or 3 active threads complaining about it, I just want to discuss about the styles and the content inside TCs.

Also, a quote from Mepps.
  2. Plowed In Loyal Player

Strongly disagree, I think how they did the Kryptonian capsule was the best yet. I’ll take one less layer of RNG any day.

As far as contents...I don’t care one way or another. I’ll get what I can and leave the rest.
    • Like x 13
  3. Yes We Can Active Player

4. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

i think we might get an Energy Armor Material that looks like this.
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  5. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

You are right
    Snipped from up coming event
    "Below is a list of currently active or upcoming events in DC Universe Online! (Dates are subject to change.)

Current and Upcoming Events & Content
    • Kryptonian Time Capsule
      • June 27, 2018
    • Episode 32: Teen Titans: Judas Contract
      • July 18, 2018
      • Event-versions of content last until Episode 33 launches
    • Style Unlocking Phase 3
      • August 2018
    • Halloween Event
      • October 2018
    • Winter Event
      • December 2018
    • Time Capsule 12
      • TBD
    • Episode 33: Atlantis
      • November 2018"
    • Like x 4
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I think this recent structure was more RNG friendly. I felt I was getting more from what I opened compared to previous Time Capsules. I was not a fan of the reactive gear, the concept is cool but the overall styles were not impressive. Firesoul style was nice, the head and back are definitely my new favorites. The hair styles are great, I'm hoping they come out with another hair pack on the mp.
    Artifacts in the TCs are a huge mistake in my opinion. I would rather they tie new artifacts to episodes and events. Coercing players to open 15 TCs for a feat and an artifact was not the direction I thought they would go in.
    Were there any Easter eggs that stood out in this recent episode that could be a clue to the next time capsule theme?
    • Like x 1
  7. BLK Well-Known Player

/thread
  8. dresserball Dedicated Player

We need Booster Gold TC gear
    • Like x 2
  9. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Well, Mepps has said it’s not Titans related; and the timing would put it likely sometime in September (time caps usually come in a range of every 8 to 12 weeks). Time caps usually (but not always) have some tie to current content or a DC media event.

If they went the full 12 weeks this time, that would put the release somewhere around the last week of September - one week before the Halloween event goes live. So could it be magic related?

DC Comics has a five week event starting on October 3 called “The Dark Witching Hour”:

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2018/07/18/wonder-woman-and-justice-league-dark-the-witching-hour

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  10. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Kryptonian TC didn't make it harder to get collections.

Old TC: open 3 TC, get 1 Collector's box out of those. Get to choose 1 out of 3 collection pieces out of that Collector's box.
    total: opened 3 TC, got 1 collection piece

Kryptonian TC: open 3 TC, get the choice of 1 collection piece from each.
    total: opened 3 TC, got 0-3 collection pieces depending on your choice

I hope they keep the structure or continue improving it. Kryptonian TC is pretty good imo. Maybe no artifacts associated with the next capsule though...
    • Like x 5
  11. Balton hero Committed Player

Witchmarked WW could be a cool style. Not sure how it would translate to males though. Personally hoping for Ocean Master, esp. his head piece.
  12. EconoKnight XIII Legion

The hair would be interesting. Make it color tintable and it’s kinda like Starfire hair.
    • Like x 1
  13. SUPERMANONCRACK Level 30

JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK STYLES AND AURAS!! Please!!!
    • Like x 1
  14. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Nah sorry. You're not smelling any new time capsule. I had some funky burritos earlier. Just kidding. :p

Anyways, I do hope they come out with some good ones soon. I could use some new ones to make some money. I'm flat broke and could use some cash.

In case anyone is wondering, I wasn't finding any use out of the Kryptonian caps. So whenever I had a bunch of them, I just sold a couple of them for a cheap price and made some quick cash. Until they became unpopular that is.
  15. Plowed In Loyal Player

Nope, not wondering...too self-absorbed. :p :)
  16. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Have to agree, the Kryptonian capsule set up was a lot more friendly.

I don't like forcing us to open a certain amount to get the artifacts...but that's about my only gripe.
    • Like x 1
  17. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Most time capsules reliably drop every 8-9 weeks. If it follows the same pattern, we should see another one by August 22/29th, since the last one dropped June 27th.
  18. Great Architect Loyal Player

So you're asking what the fill-in capsule will be before the Atlantean Capsule?

I'm not sure there will be one. Kryptonian is still rolling.
  19. Shark Dental Devoted Player

It won't be a time capsule. It will be a booster bundle filled with powerset materials, powerset hairstyles and powerset artifacts (one for each powerset).
    • Like x 1
  20. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

No, its not. People don't want them anymore.