Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Meg, I know you said to let it go but I had a random thought while reading a Star Trek book.

The thing about adding extra arms and it being difficult and maybe not looking good?
    What about adding one extra arm? That way the back style is one extra arm sticking out of the back somewhere. Like out of the small of the back or between the shoulder blades, wherever. And looking however you want (like double jointed, regular but pointing down or to a side, etc).
    Or somehow making it stick out of the chest (a shoulder piece that actually effects the chest)?

So, would just a 3rd arm be weird or ugly? Or worth exploring?

For reference:
    The Twilight Zone episode”Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up”
    The Triexians from non-canon Star Trek https://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Triexian

Everyone, not just Devs, for real this time I’m putting this subject to rest. I know I’ve already said that 3 times, but for real this time. Lol
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Some of the options you mentioned exist in at least 1 form. It's possible to make a fairly alien-looking alien if you use the right existing styles, some of which are in the Marketplace and have to be purchased.

Take, for instance, my version of an extraterrestrial "dragonman" who's a member of the Green Lantern Corps...

[IMG]

[IMG]

Longtime DCUO Forum Member Snow Owl has shown off numerous times what can be achieved for a feathered "birdman" in the game, and you can see a lot of his efforts in the long-running New Costume Contest Thread. :cool:

That thread is just an excellent resource for seeing what's truly possible in this game to realize your character idea. With a little imagination and a little luck (to obtain the right styles, since many of them come from Lockboxes or Time Capsules as randomized drops now) you can do quite a lot now to make your character non-human. But more options is never a bad thing. :)
    • Like x 1
  3. Exileant Well-Known Player

I want watchtower Batgirl's mask. I never liked batman because the bottom of his face was out. Batgirl grew the other half of her brain and fixed that issue. I do not even have a batgirl type of character and I still want it for Halloween. So, Watchtower Batgirls full suit? And the security mechs as suits. I would not even care about the pass through for some of the items.
  4. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Is that Morro? Because if you are Morro right now, then I have a question. The amount of time you spend on the Crypts, who patrols your Sector?
    Good job. I like it.
    My program’s alter-ego has to get back on register. So I will post in a few hours my two favorite attempts at a bird-person.
  5. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

No, that's my character Worsel of Velantia. Like the GLs Arisia and Eddore in the comics, he's a tip of the hat and tribute to E.E. "Doc" Smith's old Lensman novels, which were a major influence on DC Editor Julius Schwartz when he came up with the concept of Green Lantern being a "space cop", with thousands of other officers throughout the Universe. I also created him to see just how far this game really lets you go in making your characters look non-human and not of this world. Now if only that stupid Demon's Tail Waist Style would finally drop in a Lockbox for me, his look will be complete unless I find a different hand style that I like better.
    • Like x 1
  6. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Arisia and Eddore I know. So catching on.
  7. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

I agree about the fur, because I want the Creeper and some kind of fur I think could help us both make reasonable recreations.
    I also agree with Jack that Midnighter is doable with the right stuff. This was my Midnighter back when I attempted to fill my armories with Wildstorm characters, which I gave up on after a while.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

...and for the sake of authenticity I made sure he was blonde, even though the mask hides it.
    [IMG]

So so I think Midnighter is pull-off-able. Even though there are a few tweaks that new styles could make look better.
    • Like x 1
  8. VillNess Well-Known Player

Will you be doing more stuff like the reactive gear from current TC? I was thinking it would be cool to have different style when you are in combat. For example my characters skin going from human skin into glowing skin when I enter combat.
    • Like x 1
  9. Megzilla Developer

Hope so!
    • Like x 4
  10. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

May have forgot something in my last post. My last post, showing that Midnighter is pull-it-off-able, DOES NOT contradict my previous posts identifying that pulling off an outfit is NOT necessarily the same as actually having it. Similar and same, not necessarily the same thing.

But now that’s out of the way, on to the actual post used to justify restating that point. :)
    The outfit Damian wears, with the long top that hangs below the waist, can we have that? Or at least the top? Preferably WITHOUT the Robin emblem already attached, that way we can put our own emblems in the top left of it?

Sorry about all the caps lock words, but can’t figure out how to make it bold print from my phone. Lol
  11. Mermaid Dedicated Player

Hi Meg, really love the Robin Cape. You guys really nailed this one because it's new and refreshing from the many standard capes in the past PLEASE do more of these capes! Wonder Woman and her Amazon/Greek Pantheon all sport these type of around the neck wrapped cape

[IMG]

[IMG]

Another request is a cape with a hood. Amazon and the general warrior themed characters would LOVE this.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  12. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

If they did more of this and Amazon ish wrist braces (all sorts of wrist material brace-rs, leather, leather and metal, etc). My warrior spirit would be complete <3 :D
    • Like x 2
  13. Megzilla Developer

I hear ya! Just saw your latest in the Costume thread, I agree that something like this would be perfect for your character :)
    • Like x 1
  14. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Would the style have the golden lasso hanging from the hip? Or if we need legally-distinct then some other type of cosmetic weapon? Like a whip?
  15. Megzilla Developer

I have wonder woman lasso as like one of my #1 requested items now that we've finally gotten a Superman Emblem available
    • Like x 4
  16. Mermaid Dedicated Player

YAS MEG I LOVE U
    • Like x 1
  17. Black Peacock Active Player

The biggest request are obviously bracers. Bracers, bracers, and more bracers. But I have to ask something @Meg, is it possible to make the bracers not show the hand style that the chest brings?

For example, the Bewitching Battlesuit chest-piece has those gloves when you don't have any hand pieces on. When you put either the Starro bracers, or the Mera bracers, the gloves of the chest style show up.

It sort of ruins it, because every single hand/arm style that's connected to the chest shows up. Themysciran Battlesuit, Noble Warrior, they all show the bracers connected to the chest, with the bracer hand style you equip. Is there any way to remove that? Because as it is now, there are no 'bustier' chest styles that you can wear bracers with (except One Piece).

Which means: more corset/bustier styles for the ladies!

Would it be possible that we actually get a decent pair of fishnet leggings? Or fix the ones in game?

Yes, they are in the game, but the sheer fishnets that are in game look awful. The netting is too thin and you can't see it from a distance, the crotch part looks far too pixelated and glitchy, and the worst thing is that the sheer fishnets give the character skin a glossy, waxy look. When you apply the glowing skin, the fishnet covered part looks all kinds of bad.

[IMG]

That is an old screenshot that I found online, and the edges of the crotch are not as pixelated any more, but they still look bad. The biggest culprit is the shine however. It looks ugly and too dewey. There's no reason for sheer fishnet leggings to shine like that. Also the net should be bigger/thicker. Like on Zatanna/Canary:

[IMG]

Also, is there a chance we could get some more boot styles? Thigh high and knee high boots especially. Plain boots without details on them, preferably matte. The in-game thigh high boots have an odd flair at the top, and they squeeze the thigh model a bit too hard. It looks very jarring.

[IMG] [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  18. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

19. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    Witchmarked wonder woman. Couldn't get the picture link to work before
  20. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

First off, thanks Devs for the Back Styles you've already given us to show our characters carrying weapons on their backs! :cool:

But we still could use a few more. First & foremost, we still want JAPANESE SWORDS on our characters' backs!

Both a single katana...
    [IMG]

...and a Daisho Pair (katana long sword & wakazashi short sword.)
    [IMG]

[IMG]

And last, but not least, there's at least one supervillain on the US PC/PS Server Villain Side that needs a Back Style with 2 combat knives carried for over-the-shoulder draw!
    [IMG]

[IMG]

And while you're at it, we could also use a Head Style based on the complete mask seen in those images! ;)
    • Like x 3