Tell us what auras or materials you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Mar 14, 2017.

1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Energized Shield?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  2. MiniReaperette Level 30

The Texture and animation effect from Gotham Under Sieges Weapon-set (Gleaming) Has that shimmering yet water like effect.
    • Like x 1
  3. stärnbock Devoted Player

exactly! it is basicly the same as the water skin, just orange and moving faster ^^
  4. Ascended Well-Known Player

I've asked about this before, but what're the odds of getting a bat aura like the back piece from the Speed Metal gear? I've wanted a cool bat swarm since auras first became a thing.
    • Like x 1
  5. recoil2 Dedicated Player

reminds me of a star's surface if you ask me.
    • Like x 1
  6. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i kind of wouldn't mind seeing plant/organic material as someone else mentioned. maybe with like thorns sprouting out all over and turning gear and style surfaces into twisted vines. another thing that would be neat distinct from cosmic material or void material would be one based on the astral alloy gear style, with not only stars but the swirling masses of nebulas in it as well [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  7. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

I undid my rating for the sake of giving it two likes. Both I agree.
  8. UnderworldSelene Well-Known Player

A black and white version of Phoenix Material. But please, make it obtainable like the auras from the Starro vendor or from the marketplace.
    • Like x 2
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The red glass texture on Titan Tower as a material. I am mesmerized by the reflective surface and that color would be perfect on one of my toons.
    • Like x 2
  10. recoil2 Dedicated Player

a holo sim material based on trigon and the other iconics found in the titans sim duo, color locked to it's original greenish blue tint it'd certainly appease all the players asking for holographic/ghost materials XD. we also need more red materials. i once used reverse speed force material with the yellow energy hand blasters and the results were simply mystical.
  11. Phoenix Five Active Player

Any chance a fractal material will come out?
    (Mirror master inspired?)

Or perhaps a diamond material?
    • Like x 1
  12. ShadowTheHunter Well-Known Player

Would it be possible to take the red electricity texture inside the Negative Speed Force Material and turn it into an Aura? This would instantly become one of the best auras in the game. Variant colors of it could also be made and would look epic.
    • Like x 1
  13. Poison2007 New Player

Void skin void skin void skiiiin!!! That'd be amazing with the black auras or corrupted auras too.

I'd love to see a sort of skin with an ombre effect, now that we're on that topic! So it's all grey, then fades to black at the hands and feet. It could even have a sort of 'aura' on these black bits like smoke or something. It'd look really cool visually. Unsure if that would be a void skin or a corrupted skin or what, but it'd be awesome.

+1 to this too. Slim fire, normal fire auras... so cool! Well, hot...

Four auras OR MATERIALS I could also suggest (different from the above). Note that I don't come from any religious perspective, I just like the four horsemen of the apocalypse in general and think it's a nifty theme.

- Conquest -
    Some sort of raging red aura. Makes you think of fighting. OR in the case of something like the aquarium Aura there could be loads of different little tiny knives or other weapons. Sort of like a PVP aura. As much as I'm not a fan of PVP, could be ideal for a PVP reward of some sort. (Or some sort of PVE reward to do with a lot of fighting. Or both.) Alternatively could be a sort of damaged/wartorn looking material.

I personally see Conquest's base color as red. Conquest is pretty easy to think about and brainstorm for, imo. Anger and fighting are pretty much a given here. We have the Crimson Misted Aura, and as pretty as those auras are it doesnt feel special for the concept y'know? Almost too peaceful at times.

- Famine -
    Hard to convey, I suppose. Black holes? Sucking? Making the character look thinner or like they've just come out of a chimney? A Christmas Carol rings some bells. Probably some sort of christmas reward for a feat or something, i'unno. Halloween is a good idea timingwise as well. Well they all fit Halloween, though, so unless all 4 were released at once it might seem repetitive.

I see famine's colour as Purple or Orange, something like that. Orange would do pretty well aesthetically considering it's the color of greed and all. Purple just looks better. Some sort of greed aura with orange could be cool to see - loads of floating and fading coins, perhaps chains around the body periodically appearing? Could be a big reference to christmas carol if you spin it like that. Essentially the themes are POVERTY and GREED.

Unsure of how to make this into a material, other than the addition of holes or something. Maybe it could be like the whole coal dust thing. Maybe it could be made to look like everything's a coin or a gold statue or something.

- Pestillence -
    Potentially easier to think about then Famine, woo. This one's pretty easy in the sense that what comes to mind are sickness, poisons, etc. Stuff like that. Biological warfare, radiation... the fallout of what came before it - Conquest and then Famine - and preceding death.

What I'd love to see here, more than anything, is more poison sort of auras or stuff like that. Nature Power would LOVE it and characters who utilise any kind of poison theme could grow to love it too. And bubble auras - a normal water one would be awesome for water power characters in general, but imagine a sort of greenish blight (sorry for the WoW reference) kind of thing. So cool. Kinda like the acid field area thing near Ace Chemicals. As pretty as seaform aura is it's not what I'm thinking about, and the plasmic auras is something else entirely.

Existing auras that work well with this theme, in my opinion, are the Dark Flame Aura and Green Smoke Aura.

As for materials, that one's easy - you could potentially spin eldritch and start making biological living or corpse sort of materials. I mean, surely, if the corpse skin got through the censors weapons like it would be alright as well, right? Or something slimy or acidy...

I see Pestillence's color as green.

- Death -
    Ghost aura already does this pretty well to be fair, but something in addition that could be in different colors.... or little floating skulls, etc. Floating skulls could have also worked for Pestilence. As for materials... you could go for something that looks like bones or something that died. Pretty basic concept like Conquest, but as opposed to "during" combat it's often the aftereffects thereof. Dead things, dying things. Destruction. Bone Aura that works a lot like the bone armor in world of warcraft would be pretty sweet too, not gonna lie. Get yourself some spooky scary skeletons and zany zombies up in here.

Just some thoughts.
  14. nanoUSB Well-Known Player

How about a second Accessory slot that transitions between itself and the first one? Sort of like some LED lamps do, trnsitioning within a few seconds.
    That could create all kinds of neat effects.
    Slim x going into normal x for a nice pulsing effect, or Color A into Color B, or both.

Not to mention all the eye cancer-inducing combinations the taste-dyslexics could create for their pleasure :D
    • Like x 3
  15. Ascended Well-Known Player

Shifting accessory slots is an inspired idea. Man, I could do some stuff with that....

I wonder if it's even possible?
    • Like x 1
  16. recoil2 Dedicated Player

a material based off of arkillo/the yellow energy weapons where when applied to a gear piece it keeps it's shape but turned transparent yellow [IMG].
  17. Captain Wonder Active Player

Space aura, bat aura, bee aura, storm cloud above and it raining on you aura, fog aura, lava dripping aura.
    • Like x 1
  18. Shattered_Past Well-Known Player

The cloud aura would fit best with the scratching my head material of sky. Yes, sky. They say Blue Smoke, though. It looks otherwise to me.
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Any chance we could get this smoldering effect as an aura?
    [IMG]
  20. Stanley53m New Player

The return of the cosmic Material